Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

I had to put aside my seventy two lined folk protest song titled 'Free Surreality Now Not Soon' to buy Shinobi. But I shall return. Oh, I shall.

• FlipmodeFlipmode Posts: 881
    edited December 1969

Hi KrazyHorse2,

Yes, there is ...an issue right now...Daz are trying to fix it.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7707/

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Flipmode said:
    Hi KrazyHorse2,

Yes, there is ...an issue right now...Daz are trying to fix it.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/7707/

Thanks! Love the look of that outfit... Nice work I hope that fix is not Daz Soon. LOL

Edit: I guess outfit was not the right word to use here but it will be when I pair it up with your FM Cutoffs...

Post edited by KrazyHorse2 on
    edited December 1969

Thanks & so do I ... checking my mails nonstop hoping for some pleasant news.

• KrazyHorse2KrazyHorse2 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Flipmode said:
    Thanks & so do I ... checking my mails nonstop hoping for some pleasant news.

Just to let you know, the problem has been fixed. At least for me...

edited December 1969

The store issue seems to be solved, installer part2 should be available now.
    Thanks for your patience and good night ;)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,300
    edited December 1969

Phoenix1966's Horatio for Genesis, with some extra dials spun.

horatio.jpg
    707 x 1000 - 289K
  • Phoenix1966Phoenix1966 Posts: 1,554
    edited December 1969

Ooo...nicely done!

• Pixel8tedPixel8ted Posts: 588
    edited September 2012

Odaa said:
    How cleanshaven is the no-facial-hair option on this guy: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/doyle-for-m5-and-m4

Very close shave or still a little bit stubbly?

Any area that has hair in the hairy version has stubble in the shaved version of the texture texture. (Specifics: Stubble and some stray hairs on face, stubble can also be found on head, chest and abdominal areas.)

Here's an extreme close up of Doyle's lower facial area.

*Note: No postwork.

I also am including a close up of chest area. *Note: The veins you see in this image come with Doyle. No postwork.

stubble-yes-chest.jpg
    600 x 420 - 110K
    stubble-yes.jpg
    621 x 600 - 204K
    Post edited by Pixel8ted on
    edited December 1969

Odaa said:
    How cleanshaven is the no-facial-hair option on this guy: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/doyle-for-m5-and-m4

Very close shave or still a little bit stubbly?

Thanks to the poster above for the image!

Yes, Doyle is clean shaven, but not smooth skinned, so there are traces of stubble, etc.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited December 1969

barbult said:

I installed the DS 4.5 version. It does have metadata, but it is extremely unconventional. The majority of the textures appear in the Smart Content tab under Materials->Masculine->Nigel for M5->EHHS and Materials->Masculine->Nigel for M5->Default. This is not under the Presets->Materials grouping where you would expect such materials to appear. Also, I expect EHHS is a typo for EHSS. The morphs appear in Shaping on the Smart Contant tab, not in Presets-> Morphs. If they don't issue a quick update to straighten that out and put things where they "should" be, I think I'll use the Content DB Editor to fix it myself.

The files for Nigel have been updated; I believe some of the metadata has been worked on as well.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

Thank you, Phoenix and Pixel8ted! It looks like he might work for what I have in mind.

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Day 17 is out there and ready! in 3d!~

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:

Where? It doesn't show up in the red Shop Now button on the top of the account pages! Cute3D was already there, that's the last one. No newsletter. Not ready!

Dana

edited December 1969

I would suggest following along in the main Announcement thread-- http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6712_4/

The new day, featured items, etc. will show up there first. It takes a bit longer to update the store pages.

DanaTA said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

Where? It doesn't show up in the red Shop Now button on the top of the account pages! Cute3D was already there, that's the last one. No newsletter. Not ready!

Dana

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Buys Thomas for M4 and Gensis... and is now going to sit back and wait for Morris.

edited December 1969

DAZ_Kevin said:
    I would suggest following along in the main Announcement thread-- http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/6712_4/

The new day, featured items, etc. will show up there first. It takes a bit longer to update the store pages.

DanaTA said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

Dana

So, another manual process for you guys? :long: That should be a data-driven setup that displays the proper info when it changes. This is embarrassing for a programmer, or it should be. It makes more work for someone else, and is also a prime example of the potential for more embarrassing errors on the site.

Dana

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Oh, yay, at last we get some Bryce love, and from my fav Bryce PAs at that.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

only 13 days left?

my purse hinges are becoming rusty

waiting

waiting.png
    155 x 589 - 64K
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 1969

Dystopian Worker Drone versus Dystopian Drone Trooper.
    Click the image to see it enlarged.

Dystopian03pic03.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 366K
  • RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited September 2012

I love Thomeas and Horatio for Genesis and M4. We need more older Characters for Genesis. Horatio inspired me to this picture in medieval style.

Horatio2.jpg
    566 x 800 - 381K
    Post edited by RCTSpanky on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

DanaTA said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

Dana

So, another manual process for you guys? :long: That should be a data-driven setup that displays the proper info when it changes. This is embarrassing for a programmer, or it should be. It makes more work for someone else, and is also a prime example of the potential for more embarrassing errors on the site.

Dana

it could be caching actually. Speaking from experience even when you content set to auto update it could take a while for A. all the servers holding the data to catch up B. for the cache to invalidate and stop showing the old stuff

If the wait we are talking about is 20-30 mins or so that is normal. If we are talking hours it could be something else.

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

DanaTA said:
    DAZ_Kevin said:

Dana

Dana

it could be caching actually. Speaking from experience even when you content set to auto update it could take a while for A. all the servers holding the data to catch up B. for the cache to invalidate and stop showing the old stuff

If the wait we are talking about is 20-30 mins or so that is normal. If we are talking hours it could be something else.

See the bold, red text. He said to update the pages, which is what led me to believe that it's a manual process. If that's wrong, fine. But I've seen that kind of thing here before, manual page updates that is. And along with them, typos galore.

Pages should be set to expire in a certain amount of time, not cache, when there is data that changes. That would force the browser to display the new data, not cached data. Maybe that's one of the issues they are having with cached data lately.

Dana

edited December 1969

I love Thomeas and Horatio for Genesis and M4. We need more older Characters for Genesis. Horatio inspired me to this picture in medieval style.

I love this!

• nemesis10nemesis10 Posts: 3,239
    edited December 1969

Hey, Phoenix1966... any chance we could get a Josh for Genesis? Thomas is very cool too!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited December 1969

Artini said:

A caption for your render:
    "No it's your turn to walk him and change his batteries!"

edited December 1969

nemesis10 said:
    Hey, Phoenix1966... any chance we could get a Josh for Genesis?

Hi there:

While one should never say "never", I don't think it will happen. I have so many new characters in the works that it's hard to find the time or excitement to go back and re-work an old set.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,528
    edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    Artini said:

A caption for your render:
    "No it's your turn to walk him and change his batteries!"
    Thanks, tjohn. A good caption :-)

edited December 1969

Day 18 is here! Enjoy the awesome!

• KickAir 8PKickAir 8P Posts: 1,865
    edited September 2012

My latest PlatClub Inspirations submission, using Stonemason's City Ruins Building 04. DS4.5Pro render, prework and postwork in GIMP. Larger version in my deviantART gallery here.

Diner Defender

DinerDefender2000.jpg
    1600 x 2000 - 1M
    Post edited by KickAir 8P on