Polygon Modeling, Post your creations: A New Beginning

Comments

• Hermit CrabHermit Crab Posts: 833

Thanks, Diomede!  I hope to spend some hours on this at the weekend.

• mmoirmmoir Posts: 821
    edited March 2016

Diomede , 

That is great. Just an FYI.  Anyone can edit the Modeling Assets page so you can  add your name yourself if you want  . Just open the link and edit the document like it was a documenrt on your computer.  No need to save the page, just leave , if you go back you will find your edit is still there.surprise  .  I think this Google Docs page is great for this collaboration type work.  I will update it in a day or so if you haven't added your name to the model. smiley

diomede said:

I am willing to try to model the dartboard and darts

Post edited by mmoir on

Nice looking model.

Hi folks.

I hope it won't be intrusive to let you know that I've resurrected a Hexagon thread where I was showing a military vehicle I started last year.  I've put up some new strictly WIP images.

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/54998/a-military-vehicle-i-started-work-on#latest

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,027
    edited March 2016

MMoir, the modeling assets page is showing as read only.  I had to send a request to edit it.

access page view only.JPG
    517 x 290 - 19K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited March 2016

Diomede , You can try this link.   The Modeling Assets Page.  

diomede said:

MMoir, the modeling assets page is showing as read only.  I had to send a request to edit it.

Post edited by mmoir on
  • chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

it is set to view only no option to edit.

OK, that link worked this time.  Chickenman, try it now. 

mmoir said:

Diomede , You can try this link.   The Modeling Assets Page.  

diomede said:

Okay this was cool , i was on the modeling assets page and  I saw the Diomede and DUDU editing the page live.  I guess it is working . smiley

Probably should move this discussion to the group site, but it is a polygon modeling topic so I guess it is fine here for now.  Even at this simplest stage, already have some design choices.  For example, how do we want the numbers handled on the dartboard?  Painted on?  Modeled as a relief?  The base of the Dartboard (without the metal frames) is a relatively simple cylinder.  I modeled the front to allow for separate material zones for the black/white/red/green parts of a Dartboard.  But if the numbers are going to be painted on, then so can the color regions, and the added vertexes are unnecessary.  I have attached a screenshot of the mesh (no metal frames yet), the uvmap, and a test render with the reference image put back on beside a test render that just assigns black/white/red/green to mat zones.  Do we have texture painting experts?

screenshot dartboard base mesh and uvmap.JPG
    1488 x 734 - 124K
    screenshot compare dartboard base.jpg
    640 x 480 - 30K
  • DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945
    edited March 2016

OK Diomède, I think this thread is a good place to show our modeling work for the Mmoir's project.

Here is the stuff I choosed to (try) do : a couch, because I'm very tired...

This is a first testing and should be adapted to the final scene.

Download it here: http://mhdproductions.be/Carrarators/Divan.zip

Divan.JPG
    1209 x 655 - 97K
    Divan.JPG
    1209 x 655 - 97K
    Post edited by DUDU on
    edited March 2016

Diomede ,

This looks great.  yes  I am tthinking the animaiton style could be a mix of Toon and realistic, so I think however you do it is fine.  I think if it was 100% toon then  you loose the texture maps when rendered so it is up to you how you want to finish it.  You could also use the Text tool to add the numbers to the board .

You could check the MEMBERS SIGN UP page to see who is a Texture artist

diomede said:

Probably should move this discussion to the group site, but it is a polygon modeling topic so I guess it is fine here for now.  Even at this simplest stage, already have some design choices.  For example, how do we want the numbers handled on the dartboard?  Painted on?  Modeled as a relief?  The base of the Dartboard (without the metal frames) is a relatively simple cylinder.  I modeled the front to allow for separate material zones for the black/white/red/green parts of a Dartboard.  But if the numbers are going to be painted on, then so can the color regions, and the added vertexes are unnecessary.  I have attached a screenshot of the mesh (no metal frames yet), the uvmap, and a test render with the reference image put back on beside a test render that just assigns black/white/red/green to mat zones.  Do we have texture painting experts?

Post edited by mmoir on
    edited March 2016

DUDu,  I will post the link to your file  on The Modeling Assets Page. under wip model . Looks good I downloaded the model fine.  smiley

DUDU said:

OK Diomède, I think this thread is a good place to show our modeling work for the Mmoir's project.

Here is the stuff I choosed to (try) do : a couch, because I'm very tired...

This is a first testing and should be adapted to the final scene.

Download it here: http://mhdproductions.be/Carrarators/Divan.zip

Post edited by mmoir on
  • ncampncamp Posts: 345

I  thought I'd give a shot at the table.  Still needs a little work.

ncamp

Tble1.png
    640 x 480 - 48K
    edited March 2016

I think I successfully uploaded a revised version of the dartboard.  Textures better match the reference.  I used text objects to add the numbers.  Could someone confirm that it has been added and can be opened?

https://spaces.hightail.com/space/j4xth

dartboard revised wip.JPG
    716 x 629 - 57K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede ,  I could download it and the model looks perfect yesyes  You can call this a final model  in the model assets page as far as I am concerned.

diomede said:

I think I successfully uploaded a revised version of the dartboard.  Textures better match the reference.  I used text objects to add the numbers.  Could someone confirm that it has been added and can be opened?

https://spaces.hightail.com/space/j4xth

ncamp,  Great startyes  , this is already very useable.

ncamp said:

I  thought I'd give a shot at the table.  Still needs a little work.

ncamp

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited March 2016

Hey guys,

I was bored and needed to unwind a little after work so I made one of the coffee tables if you want it.  It's not a great model (I left some weird bevels in there anda couple pieces don't really meet up) and the UV mapping was basically just doing the cube unwrap preset and rotating a few pieces so the wood grain was going more or less in the right directions.  If no one else makes a better one, you're welcome to use it.  The texture map is just a FilterForge filter I dropped on so I could see which way things were going, so that's oviously free for use too.

The model's at https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9taabz8042gjkh/CoffeeTable_001.car?dl=0

CoffeeTable

EDIT TO ADD: I see Ncamp started on one already - sorry about that, I had the thread open while I worked and didn't refresh so I didn't know someone was already on it. smiley

CoffeeTable.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 46K
    Table_Wire.JPG
    1626 x 914 - 172K
    Post edited by MarkIsSleepy on

MDO2010, 

Great model ,  yesyes  It looks really good and we can use  2 coffee tables easily in the scene . I will post your link in the model assets page. 

MDO2010 said:

Hey guys,

I was bored and needed to unwind a little after work so I made one of the coffee tables if you want it.  It's not a great model (I left some weird bevels in there anda couple pieces don't really meet up) and the UV mapping was basically just doing the cube unwrap preset and rotating a few pieces so the wood grain was going more or less in the right directions.  If no one else makes a better one, you're welcome to use it.  The texture map is just a FilterForge filter I dropped on so I could see which way things were going, so that's oviously free for use too.

The model's at https://www.dropbox.com/s/b9taabz8042gjkh/CoffeeTable_001.car?dl=0

CoffeeTable

EDIT TO ADD: I see Ncamp started on one already - sorry about that, I had the thread open while I worked and didn't refresh so I didn't know someone was already on it. smiley

I just added the dart wip.  Simple color textures.  https://spaces.hightail.com/space/j4xth

Dart screenshot.JPG
    557 x 755 - 51K

This looks perfect.    yes  I did post more models that are needed on the Modeling Assets Page.   They are living room accessory models.Lamps,bookshelf, tv etc. Soon we will have enouggh models to start animating. smiley

diomede said:

I just added the dart wip.  Simple color textures.  https://spaces.hightail.com/space/j4xth

Here is the Living room shell model , done in the vertex modeler with exterior trees and grass The link for the model is on the Modeling Assets Page

LivingRoomshellImage.jpg
    1084 x 640 - 63K
  • RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247

Hey, great work, everyone:)

Got back late and see all the good stuff gone, so I'll give a try for the TV and stand.  It's late night here, so I'll get on it first thing tomorrow

Cheers

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,878

I think I probably should just start over on that four-armed shirt, now that I have some clue what the heck is going on. Specifically so that I can make sleeves I can more easily separate into material zones, for UV mapping.

edited March 2016

Here are my table files.  The shader is procedural.

The carrara file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hs3nw9ip080ymrm/CoffeeTable%202.car?dl=0

This is the first time I've used dropbox, so please let me know if there is a problem.

Table2.png
    800 x 600 - 94K
    Post edited by ncamp on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I've put myself down for the ceiling fan, but realistically I don't think I'll get to it before the weekend.

I downloaded the file and opened it fine.  Looks good. I also added it to the the Modeling Assets Page. under your name

ncamp said:

The carrara file:

This is the first time I've used dropbox, so please let me know if there is a problem.

That is fine with me.  , 

I've put myself down for the ceiling fan, but realistically I don't think I'll get to it before the weekend.

mmoir said:

I downloaded the file and opened it fine.  Looks good. I also added it to the the Modeling Assets Page. under your name

ncamp said:

The carrara file:

Thanks

• RoygeeRoygee Posts: 2,247
    edited March 2016

TV and stand done - going to have to do some headscratching on how to get the file onto that page:)

Seems I got it right - named TV_room.zip

TV_room.png
    933 x 585 - 214K
    Post edited by Roygee on
    edited March 2016

Roygee, very nicely doneyes and the file uploaded fine to hightails.  I updated the   the Modeling Assets Page. to reflect your model is finished.

Roygee said:

TV and stand done - going to have to do some headscratching on how to get the file onto that page:)

Seems I got it right - named TV_room.zip

Post edited by mmoir on