Bought V4 for Genesis 2 Female but can't apply V4 textures :(

Hi fellow Posers, 

Maybe some of you can assist me here. I bought this product in DAZ's store: http://www.daz3d.com/victoria-4-for-genesis-2-female so that I could use my V4 textures on V6. From the Materials section of My DAZ 3D Library, I applied 'Set Victoria 4 UV' to V6 which turned her skin gray. I then went to my Pose section and tried to apply a V4 body MAT, but it wouldn't take. What am I doing wrong? I also cannot find the V4 Auto Clone or whatever it is to fit V4 clothing. 

I also have DAZ's other product, V4 Legacy Shapes for G2 which seems to be working fine, but when I run the 'Conform to' command for clothing, the clothing gets all bunched up. What's the workaround? 

Many thanks for your help in advance! 

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited March 2016

Edited: Eek, didn't realize you were talking about Poser (found the thread through Recent Discussions). I'm talking about DAZ below. I have had the bunching issue with the Town and Country in Poser when trying to put it on an M4 since it's for Genesis. I have Poser 10 and 11. Can try it in there and see if I get the same result. 

-------------------

It's been a while since I've done one, but if I remember right, you start off with v4, put her textures on and save her as a material preset (.duf file) first. Then you wipe the scene, get your v6, apply the UV, then add the material preset. I can check tonight when I get home. I was able to get the skins working just fine, but it's the head morphs I could never get to come over. Body morphs worked good too. 

Not sure on V4 Legacy Shapes for G2. I don't have that one. But I do use V4 for Genesis 2 female a lot and the autofit has worked like a dream (Wear Them All for G3 is even better- more character options!) It usually asks what version the original was designed for, and then who to conform it to. Make sure you've got the right version it was designed for first.

That said, I had a lot of trouble with the Town and Country set fitting my M4s and it turned out I was trying to put a Genesis product on an M4. I could've sworn it was for M4 until I looked at the product page. It bunched up like that too. 

Post edited by Llynara on
  • Llynara said:

Edited: Eek, didn't realize you were talking about Poser (found the thread through Recent Discussions). I'm talking about DAZ below. I have had the bunching issue with the Town and Country in Poser when trying to put it on an M4 since it's for Genesis. I have Poser 10 and 11. Can try it in there and see if I get the same result. 

-------------------

It's been a while since I've done one, but if I remember right, you start off with v4, put her textures on and save her as a material preset (.duf file) first. Then you wipe the scene, get your v6, apply the UV, then add the material preset. I can check tonight when I get home. I was able to get the skins working just fine, but it's the head morphs I could never get to come over. Body morphs worked good too. 

Not sure on V4 Legacy Shapes for G2. I don't have that one. But I do use V4 for Genesis 2 female a lot and the autofit has worked like a dream (Wear Them All for G3 is even better- more character options!) It usually asks what version the original was designed for, and then who to conform it to. Make sure you've got the right version it was designed for first.

That said, I had a lot of trouble with the Town and Country set fitting my M4s and it turned out I was trying to put a Genesis product on an M4. I could've sworn it was for M4 until I looked at the product page. It bunched up like that too. 

Thank you for your response! I am not sure that material presets in Poser can be saved as .duf files. I'm just not sure WHERE to find the autofit clone or whatever it is for fitting the clothes, etc., etc. Again, thanks for your help! 

• If you are trying to fit V4 clothing to G2F then you really need to use AutoFit in DS, it isn't in Poser (though the last couple of versions of Poser have a simlar tool). Another option might be to treat the clothing as dynamic, though not every item will work that way.

• If you are trying to fit V4 clothing to G2F then you really need to use AutoFit in DS, it isn't in Poser (though the last couple of versions of Poser have a simlar tool). Another option might be to treat the clothing as dynamic, though not every item will work that way.

What about the Poser Fitting Room, would that work for V6? I don't know why, if that's the case, why did MallenLane's product include a V4 Autofit Clone that doesn't even work in Poser in the first place? 

• It works in DAZ Studio, I'm not sure the DSON Importer was even available at the time it was released.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Poser can't automagically translate V4 materials to Genesis 2 the way DS can (as long as the mats are in DUF). To translate V4 materials to Genesis 2 using Poser, use the script found here: http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=dazscript&product=gen4g2mat

It will create copies of the presets with the matzone names adjusted to reflect those of Genesis 2 as her material zones aren't the same as V4/Genesis 1.