Finding Content

judee3djudee3d Posts: 171
edited December 1969 in Bryce Discussion

Okay, after a long pause (last time I used Bryce was version 5) I finally installed Bryce 7 Pro, latest version. I installed it into the default setting, Program Files x86 on a Windows 7 system.

I greatly appreciate the tutorials supplied here by David and Horo, and have bought the DVD's, etc. I plan to follow them to become familiar with things, but first, I need to be sure Bryce is installed correctly. Especially the content. I checked in My Documents and didn't see a folder in there, even though Studio and Carrara install folders there for content.

Here is the problem - there seems to be a lot of content installed that I can't find within Bryce. Trees, for example. When I select Create triangle, it opens an objects box and there are several sub menus with trees mentioned. That's nice. But when I look into the ProgramFilesx86 Bryce folder under Presets/Trees, there are a whole bunch of trees mentioned in there that I cannot seem to find within the program.

Do I need to "import" these somehow? Why aren't they showing up by default? Would it be better for me to install or even move this content elsewhere? When I do click on import, it takes me automatically to My Documents, so I'm thinking maybe I should move the Bryce content there.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• gaffer2gaffer2 Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

try holding alt down whill clicking on the tree Icon it should bring up a whole list of trees you can select

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

judee3d, post me

and I will send you a nice pdf that Horo (with a some help from Graham Dresch and myself - not much in my case I admit) has put together, that addresses the very issues you are grappling with.

Same goes for anyone else who wants to, just send me an email and I will pass the pdf back return of post.

"Bryce Content FAQ" is just over 600kb so it should not burst your in tray.

• judee3djudee3d Posts: 171
    edited December 1969

Thanks gaffer, i'll try that. David, pm sent, thank you, and of course, Horo and Graham.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,110
    edited December 1969

Thanks David, I just contemplated to write yet another long winded reply. Saves me a lot of time.

@judee3d - thank you for your purchases and a very warm welcome to the Bryce community. I hope you will enjoy it as much as we do and you'll use the excellent render engine by bringing in all those beautiful characters and props over the bridge from DS.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

judee3d, post me
    and I will send you a nice pdf that Horo (with a some help from Graham Dresch and myself - not much in my case I admit) has put together, that addresses the very issues you are grappling with.

Same goes for anyone else who wants to, just send me an email and I will pass the pdf back return of post.

"Bryce Content FAQ" is just over 600kb so it should not burst your in tray.

I believe you already have my email and I would love to get a copy. Thanks in Advance.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Check your email Mark.

• LordHardDrivenLordHardDriven Posts: 937
    edited December 1969

Check your email Mark.

Will do and thanks again.