The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• SpyroRueSpyroRue Posts: 5,020
    edited December 1969

I'm WAY BEHIND on my backing up stuff! Sometimes I think I rely on my computer too much.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Non-complaint: got the third commission pic done.

No one was eaten in producing this picture. Thank goodness for those Str 21 fighters.

Hey great :)

edited September 2012

I do the auto backup thing but I'm a little leery of software updates, especially for dedicated a/v workstations - they don't always turn out to be helpful :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    Really?!? Geeze, you better get back into it... I've managed over a hundread in 3weeks... (Includeing test renders of course)

...really won't be able to until I get everything installed on the new workstation. Tired of being hamstrung working under such stiff limitations. That pic took over two weeks of tweaking to finally get it to render without crashing.

Some may beg to differ (and have), but I am firmly convinced that 3D/CG has basically outgrown the limits of the 32 bit platform.

I ran out of (48GB) ram rendering with radiosity a couple of weeks ago, too many bounces ;)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Okay. Now I actually have something to complain about.

PayPal has, for reasons unknown to me, canceled my render customer's payment. o_O So I gotta get in touch with him and find out what happened, 'cause I'm pretty darn sure that he would not cancel it himself.

I think I'm gonna skip the middle-man and find out if the gift cards work and if/when they do, just ask 'im to get me one for the sum...

wow what a story *tears*

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

grumpy morning.

grump - i didn't know fb can tracker me if i'm not logged into it
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/how-to-stop-facebook-from-tracking-you.html

2nd grump - the Wellness Center doesn't have a poser promo render. not even gonna ask for one. glass and water needs poser shader considerations.

grump,grump - haz no milk for my frosted flakes this morning

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,386
    edited December 1969

I liked that picture of that netherdrake sleeping on his fluffy pillow so much I made it my avatar XD
    I had to clip some of his tail though D:

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Ugh... it's 10:50pm on a Friday night and I can barely keep my eyes open. Where's the party animal that would stay up until 2 am on Friday gone?

Guess I'm going to crawl off to bed.

Heheh I get tired on the weekends too since those are the nights I work XD
    You going to snuggle into a pillow like that netherdrake is? :3

AH HA!! I thought that was a netherdrake draggy in the picture. Tis the cute alright.

And while I didn't curl up around my pillow, I did sleep hard until just now.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    I'm WAY BEHIND on my backing up stuff! Sometimes I think I rely on my computer too much.

Shhhhh..., Murphy's listening! 8-o

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Ugh... it's 10:50pm on a Friday night and I can barely keep my eyes open. Where's the party animal that would stay up until 2 am on Friday gone?

Guess I'm going to crawl off to bed.

Heheh I get tired on the weekends too since those are the nights I work XD
    You going to snuggle into a pillow like that netherdrake is? :3

AH HA!! I thought that was a netherdrake draggy in the picture. Tis the cute alright.

And while I didn't curl up around my pillow, I did sleep hard until just now.
    I have three pillows on my bed, and truth be told when I'm restless and can't sleep I often find myself squeezing at least one of them like that drake is doing, while trying to get comfortable enough XD

• flashbackflashback Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Catch 22 Daz style: Awesome new items to buy (Cthulhu ftw!) but the hard-drive is full,
    buy a new 1.5 Tb drive.....
    ......no money left to buy Awesome new stuff!!:-S

And my graphics card needs replacing too!

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

it's Saturday. yayyy

i feel like making a candle-light dinner t'nite. spaghetti and salad. and ice cream cupcake.

edited December 1969

Complaint. Radio is down at work. Sux to be on shift tonight :( and on a Saturday night to top it off! Maybe some techi nerd made himself a radio jammer grrr

edited December 1969

Good thing is I got one hour to go!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited September 2012

ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:
    Really?!? Geeze, you better get back into it... I've managed over a hundread in 3weeks... (Includeing test renders of course)

...really won't be able to until I get everything installed on the new workstation. Tired of being hamstrung working under such stiff limitations. That pic took over two weeks of tweaking to finally get it to render without crashing.

Some may beg to differ (and have), but I am firmly convinced that 3D/CG has basically outgrown the limits of the 32 bit platform.

I ran out of (48GB) ram rendering with radiosity a couple of weeks ago, too many bounces ;)
    ..."Ouch".

Maybe Cray shouldn't have discontinued it's XM-1 deskside "super workstation" (I had one configured with dual Tesla graphics modules and 192G of RAM - only 112,000$). However, I did kind of get a sinking feeling that it might have been doomed when Dell became involved in the marketing.

BTW, Which app?

------

...nine pages to go and it is a weekend.

...The Reminder Bot Went AWOL Complaint Thread
    ...The I Need an IT Tech to Rebuild My Runtimes Complaint Thread.
    ...The Why Did DAZ Move the PA Sale Complaint Thread?
    ...The Grumpy Sore Feet Complaint Thread
    ...The I Can't Afford to Buy Anything in the PA Sale as I am Having to Move and Have no Money Left Over Complaint Thread*

*though I may have found a place only three doors down from where I currently live that just came open and is in my price range

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

The Age of Complaints Thread :3
    (Hurr hurr been playing Age of Empires and Civilization almost non-stop this week XD)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited September 2012

...and that is why I no longer do computer based gaming.

I already have a huge time sink, what with setting up my new system, taking what few free hours I have outside the workplace.

And when that is done, it will be "render city baby!"

...and boy, do I have a backlog of ideas bouncing around in my head I could never accomplish on the old system.

...The I have So Many Render Ideas My Head is About to Asplode Complaint Thread.

your-head-asplode.jpg
    250 x 250 - 23K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited September 2012

Well to be fair I was playing them while Indigo was doing its eight-hour long renders :3
    Civlization and Heroes of Might and Magic 3 were kind enough not to lag a bunch while Maxwell was chugging away at its 32 hour render, but Age of Empires 3 decided to slow to a crawl while the two were running. Even worse, it seemed to lag my friend's game while we were playing online D:
    Tested it: I paused Maxwell and we both stopped lagging. I resumed the render and we both started experiencing slowdowns again. Paused once more, all smooth gameplay. How is that possible? XD
    Hmm it shouldn't have been lagging much at all since Maxwell was set to automatically manage how many threads it used for rendering, so if some other program started using a lot of resources, Maxwell would release some and use less resources. Maybe AoE3 is just a resource hog XD

Post edited by Rezca on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Rezca said:
    Tested it: I paused Maxwell and we both stopped lagging. I resumed the render and we both started experiencing slowdowns again. Paused once more, all smooth gameplay. How is that possible? XD
    It is well written software. His game was not allowed to get out of sync with yours, so if you lagged he lagged keeping the updates synced.
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:

..."Ouch".

Maybe Cray shouldn't have discontinued it's XM-1 deskside "super workstation" (I had one configured with dual Tesla graphics modules and 192G of RAM - only 112,000$). However, I did kind of get a sinking feeling that it might have been doomed when Dell became involved in the marketing.

BTW, Which app?

------

...The I Can't Afford to Buy Anything in the PA Sale as I am Having to Move and Have no Money Left Over Complaint Thread*

*though I may have found a place only three doors down from where I currently live that just came open and is in my price range

192 GB of ram? one hundred ninety two gigs of ram? I do not have a hundred thousand dollars so I cannot afford that at this time.

Actually I do not have enough to get a new computer at this time but then my desktop is still good.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    with the way my computer is set up now, it says "Exterminate!" whenever I empty my recycling bin. Of course it says it in the only way "Exterminate!" should be said.

On my old 486 (OK that dates me) I had the sound of a toilet flushing for sending things to the recycle bin.

...I wonder if there is a Dalek cursor available.

remember from a recent episode. this is from memory so not exact lines.

eggs, eggs!

what?

Eggs, eggs.

I do not know what you are saying.

Eggs, eggs

These? *he picks up the sphere Dalek part"

Eggs, eggs term in ate, exterminate!

I have that episode on my kindle and I have watched it several times. loved that episode.

How much trouble are we in?

out of ten, eleven

edited December 1969

Uninstalled my FOOT! GameSpy said it completely removed all files and yet there were almost 300 leftover craptastic icons and stuff in the Program Files folder DX
    Hooray Revo Uninstaller XD
    (Installed GameSpy in hopes that my friend and I could play HoMM3 together. We got Hamachi to run it ONCE and it's never worked since. Heroes3's DirectIP multiplayer mode doesn't like Windows 7 D: )

edited December 1969

I am having difficulty breathing and I think I have to breath to stay happy or something. my nose is clogged up and I am keep coughing a lot.

edited December 1969

Morning. Lovely shadowless soft-lit dawn under a luminous marbly grey sky today - easy on the eyes and cool on the skin :)

edited December 1969

I am having difficulty breathing and I think I have to breath to stay happy or something. my nose is clogged up and I am keep coughing a lot.

oh noes, hope you are breathing a little easier by now :)

edited December 1969

I have my iPhone synced by cloud I think but I am unsure how to add music and stuff to it. I have some Audiobooks that I want to add to my iPhone so I can listen to them but I do not know how to do that.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    The Age of Complaints Thread :3
    (Hurr hurr been playing Age of Empires and Civilization almost non-stop this week XD)

lovely pastelly purply avi :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

oh noes, hope you are breathing a little easier by now :)

Nothing has changed. My coughing has not improved and my nose is still not working.

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    Spyro said:

..."Ouch".

BTW, Which app?

------

um ah Carrara I think *goes blank* was more than a few renders ago...

ML.png
    623 x 164 - 33K
    edited December 1969

I have my iPhone synced by cloud I think but I am unsure how to add music and stuff to it. I have some Audiobooks that I want to add to my iPhone so I can listen to them but I do not know how to do that.

awwww, haz a cold maybe? *sympathises*

This discussion has been closed.