Whatever3D is back

It's not *entirely* back together (several sites to scan and a few bits I need to code still), but DAZ, Renderosity, Content Paradise and Vanishing Point are all searchable now.

www.whatever3d.com

Comments

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,845

Welcome back. Wow, it's been a long time indeed.

• Welcome back. :)

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

Great news - I have sooooo missed this!

• Yahoo! I really missed Whatever3D. A big welcome back! laugh

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Niiiiiiiiiiiice! Thank you!

• Wow!  I'm new enough that I had never heard of this before so I went to see what it is.  I've been playing with the search engine and finding all types of things that I hadn't found in my last few searches on google.  I love this!!!  Thank you!!

• ScavengerScavenger Posts: 2,664

Wow!  I'm new enough that I had never heard of this before so I went to see what it is.  I've been playing with the search engine and finding all types of things that I hadn't found in my last few searches on google.  I love this!!!  Thank you!!

Wow! I'm old enought that I had never heard of this before so I went to see what it is.

This is a fantastic resource!

• YES! I was devastated when it went down.

This is absolutely brilliant news. Thank you so much for bringing it back.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401

Greetings,

O_o¡

Very nice...!  Just a note, you should TOTALLY sign up for DAZ's affiliate program, if it qualifies (check the rules).  I think it would, but I don't know...

--  Morgan

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714

Kaspersky really hates your site; haven't seen it throw a fit like that in many, many years.

• LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Thanks for that, bookmarked right away

• vadimtvadimt Posts: 33

Is whatever3d down again? It is such an indespensable resource!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,268

Just tried to do a searh and got a page couldn't load error. From the message I can bring up from Go Daddy it looks like the subscription expired the 16th of May (this month) and the site is "parked"

I hope Dodger is OK and also that the site will be back.  It and Google are my 2 primary resources when searching for models.

• AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

I just get a blank page.

edited May 2016

I just get a blank page.

With Internet Explorer I get "This Page Can Not Be Displayed" with a Fix Connection Button. I click on that and it says I it can't identify the problem; so I click on the close button in the troubleshooter and The Go Daddy page shows up with a message at the top that the Domain Name expired 5/16/2016

GoDaddy.jpg
    1346 x 935 - 220K
    Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • AnotherUserNameAnotherUserName Posts: 2,726

I just get a blank page.

With Internet Explorer I get "This Page Can Not Be Displayed" with a Fix Connection Button. I click on that and it says I it can't identify the problem; so I click on the close button in the troubleshooter and The Go Daddy page shows up with a message at the top that the Domain Name expired 5/16/2016

hmmm, ok then.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

It's up again!

edited September 2017

It's one of my favorite search sites but I haven't been able to get it for the last few days. Windows troubleshooter says the site exists but isn't responding to connection attempts.. I hope Dodger is OK and not caught up in one of the hurricanes.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Whoops, looks like Whatever3D is in their haven't-renewed-yet limbo-land again.  Gah....  oO

• pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 474

Whoops, looks like Whatever3D is in their haven't-renewed-yet limbo-land again.  Gah....  oO

Yeah I was wondering what happened to it last night...Looks like it went down.

• Seems to be back.  Again.

Seems to be back.  Again.

Yay! They are a really valuable searching resource that I would hate to lose.

• pfunkyfizepfunkyfize Posts: 474

This is great news! Again!

• has this site been comprised?

all my browsers block it and say unsecure data at risk

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,276
    edited November 2020

has this site been comprised?

Yeah it says this when I try to go there:

"Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.whatever3d.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID"

Post edited by 3Diva on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,040

has this site been comprised?

Their security certificate expired on November 5.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,914

Using Opera and I get this:

Your connection is not private

This server could not prove that it is www.whatever3d.com; its security certificate expired 22 days ago. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Friday, November 27, 2020. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page.

NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited November 2020

yes indeed I get a similar message and the site is blocked 

not going there wink

Firefox on ipad

similar messages other devices and browsers

5F8E1908-7C77-4159-BA89-CA82940B3BB5.png
    1536 x 2048 - 140K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

The only data at risk is the text you enter in the search box.

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    Oh boy. I had forgotten this site existed