The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Chohole said:
    McGyver said:

... I'm gonna take a break from this place for a while... Laterz Peeps, see ya when I forget why this place bums me out so much lately.

Nooooo.... sad How am I going to survive without any "LordVicorisms" to brighten my day?  Nooooo..... crying

Seconded.   You can't go,  you will leave behind a crowd of McGyver addicts gasping for their fix.

Thirded, your posts always crack me up.  Please consider staying.  Leaving probably won't help in any significant way.  Also I'm under the impression that the RDNA forums and galleries aren't going away, just the store.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

My day is long so far and getting longer, iz terribly humid, like being in a pool with your clothes on. Yeah the MIDI is a keypress thing, works best with a two or three octave KB with pitch control for bending notes. I use MIDI a lot for animatronics, gives the operator something to do :) 

A three point edit is the basis of every cut, two in points and one out - whether you work film or digital or tape you have to do that. Choosing where the in and out points go iz the artistry :)

2 beginnings and 1 end?

and a mousse smiley

Is the minimum cuts you can usefully use, learning to make choices around those three is a lifetime journey. Once you got the ins and outs (scuse pun) of three point edits from an A roll to a master you need to go five points from A and B rolls to a master...

cant find anything like that under vegas tutorials.

think is more pacific than under cinematography.

lol  setting up a course schedule for myself.  with homework. enlightened
    still on the midi editing.  didnt understand there was 2 types of VST.
    not trying to make a masterscore >.<  just some soundtracks for carrara movie.
    if i can make some kewl midi tracks, planning to reward myself with the harpsichord VST. or the era ii medieval thing. lol  sackbut

found a demo on the toobs.  THIS be some nice music for dragons flying in the carrara sky clouds

looking forward to that :)

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I had dreams last night about zombies attacking my writers group. There were no survivors.

Not even you?

Well, that was the point I woke up. But it seemed pretty hopeless!

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

My day is long so far and getting longer, iz terribly humid, like being in a pool with your clothes on. Yeah the MIDI is a keypress thing, works best with a two or three octave KB with pitch control for bending notes. I use MIDI a lot for animatronics, gives the operator something to do :) 

A three point edit is the basis of every cut, two in points and one out - whether you work film or digital or tape you have to do that. Choosing where the in and out points go iz the artistry :)

2 beginnings and 1 end?

and a mousse smiley

Is the minimum cuts you can usefully use, learning to make choices around those three is a lifetime journey. Once you got the ins and outs (scuse pun) of three point edits from an A roll to a master you need to go five points from A and B rolls to a master...

if i can make some kewl midi tracks, planning to reward myself with the harpsichord VST. or the era ii medieval thing. lol  sackbut

found a demo on the toobs.  THIS be some nice music for dragons flying in the carrara sky clouds

ERA is an extremely good audio library and I've been tempted many a time to purchase it, but I want the Elvish singing first as I can use that right away. indecision

Complaints!

I tried t get iut and walk aound a litle bit esterday during lunch.. just 4 laps around the parking lot - but by the end of the day I had pain and cramping in BOTH legs!  Almost no sleep, I had leg and foot cramps in both legs and feet from about 5:30pm until 4AM this morning.. oww oww oww.. and now I feel like Death warmed over.  Ugh. Still getting random, minor cramps in the right foot, bloody heck!

Will walk less and slower today but I need to start getting the legs and feet back in walking shape. frown

Need to make a doc appointment for early next week, willtry to do that today - my insurance cuts in Tuesday so I will be good to go there.  Damn left foot is healing very slowly, it's bothersome.\

Non-complaint: blood glucose was 188 this morning! laugh Now if I can get it stable at night I'll be a happier camper. smiley

edited February 2016

In my health care plan, there are over 30 female doctors practicing internal medicine within a modest cab ride of home - 3 of them directly on my commute route to work! surprise

The hard decision - sign up with the doc that's a mile and a half away and just include the cost of a tai to the doc/from the doc to work, or get one of the docs o the way to work knowing that an emergncy visit will cost for a long taxi ride?\

I'm leaning towards the nice lady a mile and a half from me... laugh

*edit* got an appointment to get the foot looked at on Thursday.. not a doc but a nurse practitioner, but most nurses are smarter than some docs lol!  Fun times!  surprise

*double edit* Quit my blood pressure meds and now I feel awake and perky.  Damned hospital doc prescribed the kind that makes me feel sick and sleepy.. argh.  Can't wait to see a REAL doc! angry

Post edited by Serpent on

Five cups of coffee.  Barely 2 glasses of water, and it's past Noon. indecision No wonder I feel craptastic. indecision  I need less coffee and more water. indecision

I'm a moron. indecision

edited February 2016

I definitely want to do "moose simulator", where you can flip and wreck cas, smash windows, trample people, and have se with statues!!!

http://www.rawstory.com/2013/06/colorado-moose-falls-in-love-with-moose-statue-attempts-gay-moose-sex/

Tis may make the game adult-rated, though... frown

*edit* ERA is $259.. that has to wait until April.. omgoozness.. indecision

*more edit* CHOCOLATE MOUSE OMG!!!  laugh http://www.123rf.com/photo_5966632_home-made-chocolate-cake-with-mouse-figure.html

Post edited by Serpent on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Serpent said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

2 beginnings and 1 end?

and a mousse smiley

ERA is an extremely good audio library and I've been tempted many a time to purchase it, but I want the Elvish singing first as I can use that right away. indecision

i don't think era will work with sony daw.  waiting to hear back from the seller.

MistyMist said:
    Serpent said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

2 beginnings and 1 end?

and a mousse smiley

i don't think era will work with sony daw.  waiting to hear back from the seller.

I've run Engine in Tracktion and SONAR.. never tried Acid.. Acid is a strange beast.. frown

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,517
    atticanne said:
    Congrats, KK, on the thread.

..thanks,  been busy for tha last few days and the nice weather we've been having this week is too good to miss sitting inside.

edited February 2016
    riftwitch said:
    MistyMist said:

woes haz to prune the cart >.<

this looks kewl, cant afford it though.  antique harpsichord vst

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBXIYU4

Have you checked out this one? I don't know how it sounds, but it's $70.00 cheaper. http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/harpsichord#overview

....compared to this both of those are a bargain.

http://www.audiodawg.com/milan-digital-notre-dame-de-metz-cavaille-coll/

...and that's just for the individual sampled instrument.  The core programme costs another 599$ and about another 7,500$ for a basic three keybaord and pedal console.  Makes 3D seem a pretty affrodable.hobby in comparison.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    riftwitch said:
    MistyMist said:

Have you checked out this one? I don't know how it sounds, but it's $70.00 cheaper. http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/harpsichord#overview

HOLY MOOSE ON A PLATE!!!!! indecisionsurprise

No WAY would I pay that much for a virtual instrument!!!!! frown

edited February 2016

I went to amazon and found out the non-prime free shipping price went to 49 it looks like.  I only wanted one item not to get fifty dollars of stuff just to get free shipping.  Ugghhhh

Hmmm... apparently so. sad   However, It doesn't mean I won't stop using the free shipping, but I will be ordering less often.  My wishlist at Amazon has a lot of small things on it that qualify for free shipping so when I want something I just wait until I can afford to get enough items at one time to qualify for the free shipping minimum total.  I get perhaps 10-12 orders a year.  Now it will probably drop down to 7 or 8 and won't make a dent in my wishlist.  I hate shipping charges.  They are usually so over the top, especially for small items. angry  And I don't buy enough stuff to justify Amazon's "Prime" service.  I'll pay shipping charges only if it's the only way I can get an item that I actually need. 

(I recently ordered a set of  alphabet refrigerator  magnets in the Russian alphabet and had to pay shipping from Moscow.  Postmistress in our little town was all a'twitter that I was getting a package from Moscow. laugh  The upside is that I got a bunch of Russian postage stamps. cool)

...a while back I accidentally broke my favourite coffee cup, one that had a piano keyboard motif which wrapped all the way around it.  Found an identical one on Amazon for 4.99$. Almost ordered until I saw the shipping charge (from somewhate back east) which was more than the price of the item itself.

ps1borg said:

Trains are hard cos they are all big and stuff and need bigger stuff to make them look that way. Crowds are hard cos there are so many of them. Those are my complaints.

...wow, really cool.

MistyMist said:
    riftwitch said:
    MistyMist said:

Thanks.   smiley  

ise also looking for a VST that sounds like an old fashioned music box?   music box sounds so creepy for haunted houses.

there was a big one you could see the pins get doinged, back in the day, at Macy's on 34th street.  haven't been there in 40 years. woww can't believe so many orbits have gone by.  the escalators in Macy's scared me.

...I used to love the lifts in the old Gimbels store back in Milwaukee (one of three in the nation, the other two were in New York and Philadelphia). They were the old fashioned type that required an operator who called out each floor ("Fifth  Floor, Stockings, Handbags, and Lingerie") and had the classic arrow above the doors on the outside that moved to indicate what floor the car was on.  The doors (made of polished brass) also had large windows in them so you could watch the chains, cables and counterweights moving while waiting for it to arrive.  It was a sad day when they replaced all but one (that was used only for moving merchandise) with the newfangled automatic ones.

If the Moon makes you squeal 'cause you saw a huge eel..

THAT'S A MORAY!! surprise

If dozens of teeth are causing you grief..

THAT'S A MORAY!!!! surprise crying

Serpent said:

Well, I've now officially had it with this job. indecision

I'm getting a weird error and the best I get from the person who supposedly knows what's going on is "That's odd." indecision

Zero support from my co-workers.  Zero understanding from management, all I hear is "Is it done yet?" angry

By February 29th. I will have enough money earned for a 10 week job search (this includes paying rent, feeding self, and a weeklybus pass for interviews).  I'll hand in my notice March 1st., they'll probably send me home right away as I, AND my placement agency, still have no idea why they hired me in the first place... indecision

4 resume's sent out so far.. lots of jobs all over!  And I can create music and write games from anywhere... devil

...[Boldface] at least you weren't working in the ISS and heard that.

Yeah being in a work situation that you hate can almost be worse than not having a job.

Watch out if you are submitting resumes here.  Rents are becoming ridiculously, obscenely expensive (well maybe not quite as bad as Silicon Valley, but still more than a lot of people can afford).  At least our transit system is recovering from the recession, getting new "low rider" buses, adding new routes, and improving frequency again.

...and there is a plethora of breweries here making good beer.

I hate it when it feels like I am being given guilt trips.

...I became numb to that in my last job.

MistyMist said:

luv a cream puff heart

...one of the Wisconsin treats I miss (along with cheese curds)

McGyver said:

Just visited here to see what's new... Got signed out about three or four times... God help the RDNA folks that were used to their forums that as far as I knew, worked and didn't blind you. I just read here that the other store will be phased out after a few months. That sucks. I just foresee the possibility of future new Poser format content fading away here, whatever the official word on that may be...  Good bye to all the cool old poser freebies and Christmas stuff. Good bye to their forums too... They were a good source of knowledge and ideas. I suppose it was inevitable, but it's still sad. Whatever... I think some of the issues I foresee coming from this merger and the recent encryption craption conundrum... I'm gonna take a break from this place for a while... Laterz Peeps, see ya when I forget why this place bums me out so much lately.

...yeah they have two separate forums for Reality (one Poser one Daz) which are really helpful. Wonder what will happen to them.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I had dreams last night about zombies attacking my writers group. There were no survivors.

Not even you?

Well, that was the point I woke up. But it seemed pretty hopeless!

Glad you woke up!  

Serpent said:

Yeah, I used to use my RDNA stuff a lot, very unique products that you couldn't find anywhere else. Sad. sadcrying

...got a lot of nice period style Gen 4 clothing there from one of my fave vendors, Lady Littlefox.  As I understand Bad Kitteh is a vendor there as well.

kyoto kid said:
    MistyMist said:

luv a cream puff heart

...one of the Wisconsin treats I miss (along with cheese curds)

OMGGGGGgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg dream.....

kyoto kid said:

I hate it when it feels like I am being given guilt trips.

...I became numb to that in my last job.

I wish I could be numb to it to the point I am not manipulated by those guilt trip giving manipulative people.

Tjohn said:

Today's holiday list:

Today is Inconvenience Yourself Day! 

Today is National Tortilla Chip Day! 

Today is National Trading Card Day!! 

Today is World Bartender Day! 

...celebrated #4.last night.

kyoto kid said:
    Serpent said:

Yeah, I used to use my RDNA stuff a lot, very unique products that you couldn't find anywhere else. Sad. sadcrying

...got a lot of nice period style Gen 4 clothing there from one of my fave vendors, Lady Littlefox.  As I understand Bad Kitteh is a vendor there as well.

Wonder if she will stay around and or come back here

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. End-of-summer cool today before sunrise, you can feel the wind changing and for once the tropical overcast is blowing away before noon :)

ps1borg said:

Morning. End-of-summer cool today before sunrise, you can feel the wind changing and for once the tropical overcast is blowing away before noon :)

Time to save up for that new Winter coat! surprise

edited February 2016
    Serpent said:
    kyoto kid said:
    riftwitch said:
    MistyMist said:

HOLY MOOSE ON A PLATE!!!!! indecisionsurprise

No WAY would I pay that much for a virtual instrument!!!!! frown

...the differnce is that instruments sampled are effectively priceless century old works of art that, unless you graduated from say Julliard or Eastman and were a recognised concert organist with a good booking agency, you would have no hope of even touching the keybaords with the organ turned off.

Part of the reason for the high price of the instrument module and base programme (which included a number of sampled organs including a lovely 18th century German baroque organ I have actually heard in RL) is that they sampled it note by note, pipe by pipe, and the programme effectively "recreates" the actual instrument as if it were in your home (with the ambience and delay of the cathedral/hall it is in).  The full base setup (core programme + Notre Dame de Metz organ, + console and computer box) would be about half half the price of a "dedicated" digital organ from say Rodgers or Allen of the same size (3 keybaords, pedal and 35 - 50 preset stops). Those begin at around 25,000$ and go up from there..

Yeah, still a lottery to be sure,

Here is the sound of one of the sampled baroque organs (1730 H. G. Trost Orgel Stadtkirche Waltershausen/Thüringen Germany).

Here is a performance on the Cavaille Coll Notre Dame de Metz instrument of 1903. (this is the base console that costs 7,500$ the upper one, probably more as it is more ornate and has a fourth keyboard).

No Allen or Rodgers digital instrument will sound this authentic.

..and the cool thing, I can play either isntrument (or any one of how many I have) from the same console.

This discussion has been closed.