The Dragon Ate My Complaint Thread

Comments

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

the group home thinks that a kitchen knife and a fingernail clipper are weapons. okay I understand a bit about the kitchen knife. It was in my car because one day I brought a singe person frozen pizza to work. I heated it up before going and rewarmed it up at work. I brought a knife so I can cut the pizza during break.

The fingernail clipper I use just for cutting my fingernails and toenails. The lady who watches over the house says it is a weapon. what makes a fingernail clipper a weapon?

Weren't nail clippers put on the dangerous list after 9/11?

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

rendo started the Halloween render challenge. theme is 'unhappily ever after'

just checked FaerieWylde, no mention of Halloween 2012 yet.

i can't remember the last time Daz did a Halloween render challenge.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Okay. Now I actually have something to complain about.

PayPal has, for reasons unknown to me, canceled my render customer's payment. o_O So I gotta get in touch with him and find out what happened, 'cause I'm pretty darn sure that he would not cancel it himself.

I think I'm gonna skip the middle-man and find out if the gift cards work and if/when they do, just ask 'im to get me one for the sum...

edited September 2012

awwww story.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/dog-stands-guard-over-deceased-owner-grave-six-190556479.html

guilty. gone total carnivore today. bacon cheeseburger deluxe, side of fries and slaw. on a styrofoam tray

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Okay. Now I actually have something to complain about.

PayPal has, for reasons unknown to me, canceled my render customer's payment. o_O So I gotta get in touch with him and find out what happened, 'cause I'm pretty darn sure that he would not cancel it himself.

I think I'm gonna skip the middle-man and find out if the gift cards work and if/when they do, just ask 'im to get me one for the sum...

someone at work is having paypal/ebay troubles.

edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    the group home thinks that a kitchen knife and a fingernail clipper are weapons. okay I understand a bit about the kitchen knife. It was in my car because one day I brought a singe person frozen pizza to work. I heated it up before going and rewarmed it up at work. I brought a knife so I can cut the pizza during break.

The fingernail clipper I use just for cutting my fingernails and toenails. The lady who watches over the house says it is a weapon. what makes a fingernail clipper a weapon?

Weren't nail clippers put on the dangerous list after 9/11?

they should treat you to a professional manicure/pedicure then

edited December 1969

did you know there's a preference to turn off seeing people's sigs? pages load faster. i tried toggling it to see if it would fix my no seeing emotes problem. it didn't.

edited December 1969

i need a tree canopy prop for my aerial renders.
    my dragon and airship renders are on image backgrounds, cuz i don't have a nice tree canopy prop.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

If I was not rendering I could tell you which free light set to get, It has a great shadow prop in the set. It's ShareCg.

EDIT: Here you go http://www.sharecg.com/v/33904/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Dyalds-EZ-Lights-2

Post edited by Jaderail on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

I am playing sims with a sim girl and a border collie boy. I just started with this game. She seems to have an aversion to sunlight so I am not sure how she is going to get to work.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Morning. Grey skies giving way to sunny blue outside my window :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,702
    edited December 1969

i am so tired but i cannot sleep until after 8pm. it is five forty right now.

edited December 1969

Friday yAyyy

edited December 1969

someone at work is having paypal/ebay troubles.

Yeah, spoke with my customer, he sent me the payment again; his bank is apparently having some kind of fit over the payment. Possibly with CND -> USD conversion. He said that if this payment fails again, he'll just pay me the same amount in CND which is a better deal to me. ;)

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I'm pooped, two simple renders in one day and I'm wiped out. Yep that's a complaint. MW did you try that prop from the File I pointed to? I use it lots and have even made other texture sets for it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,571
    edited December 1969

...OK, OK, I guess I finally have a good reason to install 4.5 on the new rig...

http://www.daz3d.com/shop/cthulhu-rising

edited December 1969

Spyro said:
    Really?!? Geeze, you better get back into it... I've managed over a hundread in 3weeks... (Includeing test renders of course)

...really won't be able to until I get everything installed on the new workstation. Tired of being hamstrung working under such stiff limitations. That pic took over two weeks of tweaking to finally get it to render without crashing.

Some may beg to differ (and have), but I am firmly convinced that 3D/CG has basically outgrown the limits of the 32 bit platform.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Spyro said:
    Skiriki... For a sunrise in a large forest set (hyperthetically) how many lights would you use to get a realistic look?

I'm working on my jungle scene... progress renders are in the PC forum in the PC-All renders thread. Heres a more recent render... (atm I got two distant lights... 1 is the 'sun' set at like 160% The seccond is a 30% one... As you can see, It has some issues with the characters.)

The light sure has a nice gold feel to it. Why not drop in a point light or two to light bits of the characters, you can set the falloff very short so it doesn't hit the ground ;)
    ...I do that in a lot of my pics.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    The world needs moar biguana's :)

...and tentacles.
    edited December 1969

We have forgotten to complain about lack of tentacles. Thank Cthulhu for, errr, Cthulhu.

edited December 1969

with the way my computer is set up now, it says "Exterminate!" whenever I empty my recycling bin. Of course it says it in the only way "Exterminate!" should be said.

On my old 486 (OK that dates me) I had the sound of a toilet flushing for sending things to the recycle bin.

...I wonder if there is a Dalek cursor available.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

:3
    This picture was well worth the wait! IS SOO CUUUTE!!

netherdrake.jpg
    800 x 599 - 108K
    edited December 1969

i haz plans for a chocolate martini later. and maybe a cosmo or two. after that i will need to take a taxi home. :lol: .

...finished up early and was able to get a ride home in time for happy hour at my neighbourhood brewpub. Currently enjoying a nice late summer evening with a pitcher of CatDog".

(CatDog is a 40/60 mixture of their King Kitty Red Ale and Two Dogs IPA)

• FyredrygyonFyredrygyon Posts: 763
    edited December 1969

Ok, who has upgraded to the new DS 4.5 and what do I need to do to make sure nothing goes fubar on me. I tried reading the thread about the program but I got lost and confused very quickly.

edited December 1969

Make backup of your runtimes, JUST in case.

Uninstall old plugins.

Run DAZ Studio 4.5 installer. It will ask to do uninstall. Let it do so.

Install. Use default settings if unsure about anything.

Install content bundle after DAZ Studio install.

Install new plugins.

edited December 1969

Thanks... though I may have to wait on that. I don't have the space to back up my contents and Fiance did think that we may be able to get new PC's in a month or two if we continue to save up money. Then I could just start with a fresh install of 4.5 on a 64-bit system.

edited December 1969

Ugh... it's 10:50pm on a Friday night and I can barely keep my eyes open. Where's the party animal that would stay up until 2 am on Friday gone?

Guess I'm going to crawl off to bed.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

Ugh... it's 10:50pm on a Friday night and I can barely keep my eyes open. Where's the party animal that would stay up until 2 am on Friday gone?

Guess I'm going to crawl off to bed.

Heheh I get tired on the weekends too since those are the nights I work XD
    You going to snuggle into a pillow like that netherdrake is? :3
    edited December 1969

Thanks... though I may have to wait on that. I don't have the space to back up my contents and Fiance did think that we may be able to get new PC's in a month or two if we continue to save up money. Then I could just start with a fresh install of 4.5 on a 64-bit system.

Speaking as someone who did that? I'd do that as well.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

I'm way behind updating a whole bunch of stuff, well everything really. Perhaps in the new year...

This discussion has been closed.