The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    Tjohn said:
    MistyMist said:
    DanaTA said:
    MistyMist said:

today is my first day on the job at my job of 13 years.  had to do a drug screening test.  tomorrow is fingerprinting day.

note to self: remember social security card tomorrow.

"today is my first day on the job at my job of 13 years."  Huh?  Please 'splain. indecision

I think she means as a permanent worker, not a contractor.

Dana

yup.  almost bonafide.  still have to do the finger printing.  i asked for pink ink. 

Read that as finger-paintingwink

It would have made more sense!  laugh

Dana

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    MistyMist said:

My current mood ;)

heard the news about rdna?

So, I'm wondering what that means... Are they staying a separate company, or are they going to have a store/vendor spot at DAZ... ? Who knows, I suppose it's super secret now... Well, whatever, it was a good run I suppose. 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    McGyver said:
    MistyMist said:

My current mood ;)

So, I'm wondering what that means... Are they staying a separate company, or are they going to have a store/vendor spot at DAZ... ? Who knows, I suppose it's super secret now... Well, whatever, it was a good run I suppose. 

read something they importing wishlists from rdna.  just thinkin bout gives headache

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    MistyMist said:
    McGyver said:
    MistyMist said:

My current mood ;)

read something they importing wishlists from rdna.  just thinkin bout gives headache

Yeah, it took some time just to get our wishlists from here ported to the new store software.  Maybe they will be able to use the lessons learned to make it a quicker process this time.

Dana

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Tough day complaint :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I had dreams last night about the rDNA and Daz merger.  Cannot remember much about them.

My roommate is loudly complaining in the living room and I can hear her in my room.  She thinks she is being mistreated but she was breaking the rules her guardian put in place for the girl's protection.

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

I had dreams last night about zombies attacking my writers group. There were no survivors.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I had dreams last night about zombies attacking my writers group. There were no survivors.

Not even you?

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075

RDNA + DAZ = WTF. indecision Well, good for RDNA I guess. indecision

Gota get money on my prpaid credit card so I can subscribe to After Effects CC.  Need to learn a new skill.. heh heh heh. devil

Complaint: cold and windy.  Ugh. frown

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991

Wednesday morning. Yep.

Oh, yeah! Hump Day, kiss a camel for Mommy! surprisecheeky

Payday on Monday.. just gotta hang on a little longer.. argh.. salami and pepperoni sammiches, and pb&j with sugar-free jam.  Not too bad for me and the blood glucose seems to be stabilizing finally.

Now if the bloody damned foot would heal I'd be a happy camper!  But my insurance starts Tuesday so I'll be looking for a doc soonest.  I hope s/he doesn't decide to use me as a medical experiment, I'm kind of tired of that... indecision

More coffee.. thankfully they have Starbuck's Breakfast Blnd and it's FREE! laugh

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited February 2016

Just visited here to see what's new... Got signed out about three or four times... God help the RDNA folks that were used to their forums that as far as I knew, worked and didn't blind you. I just read here that the other store will be phased out after a few months. That sucks. I just foresee the possibility of future new Poser format content fading away here, whatever the official word on that may be...  Good bye to all the cool old poser freebies and Christmas stuff. Good bye to their forums too... They were a good source of knowledge and ideas. I suppose it was inevitable, but it's still sad. Whatever... I think some of the issues I foresee coming from this merger and the recent encryption craption conundrum... I'm gonna take a break from this place for a while... Laterz Peeps, see ya when I forget why this place bums me out so much lately.

Post edited by McGyver on

Yeah, I used to use my RDNA stuff a lot, very unique products that you couldn't find anywhere else. Sad. sadcrying

• McGyver said:

... I'm gonna take a break from this place for a while... Laterz Peeps, see ya when I forget why this place bums me out so much lately.

Nooooo.... sad How am I going to survive without any "LordVicorisms" to brighten my day?  Nooooo..... crying

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    McGyver said:

... I'm gonna take a break from this place for a while... Laterz Peeps, see ya when I forget why this place bums me out so much lately.

Nooooo.... sad How am I going to survive without any "LordVicorisms" to brighten my day?  Nooooo..... crying

Seconded.   You can't go,  you will leave behind a crowd of McGyver addicts gasping for their fix.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited February 2016

To recover from the shock of a potential absence of McGyver and his LordVicorisms I've put on my headphones and am listening to the Dvořák piano concerto to excite my brain and calm my soul.  I discovered this one late.  I have loved his 9th Symphony ("From the New World") for nearly 50 years, and have a fondness for the mood of the final movement of his 7th Symphony and despite my distaste for solo violins and many violin concertos I even like his violin concerto, but didn't know he had a piano concerto until last year.  Like the best of his works it takes you on a mental adventure of moods and emotions.  So wonderful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2GuNrwUuiU

2nd movement starts at 19:20

3rd movement starts at 28:22

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 10,991
    edited February 2016

Today's holiday list:

Today is Inconvenience Yourself Day! 

Today is National Tortilla Chip Day! 

Today is National Trading Card Day!! 

Today is World Bartender Day! 

Post edited by TJohn on
    edited February 2016

There must be a way to create a moose simulator.. first moose-n view.. ram things with antlers, run over,flip/toss them, eat things.. the game Goat Simulator sold a ton and it was made just for fun.

Just need a few cheap moose bits, antlers, a nose..  should be do-able.. indecision

Animaed MOOSE, comes in a Unity3D version! surprise

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/animals/mammal/3drt-moose MOOSE!

Post edited by Serpent on

Morning. First fingers of dawn painting dirty white streaks across the hushed morning sky :)

ps1borg said:

Morning. First fingers of dawn painting dirty white streaks across the hushed morning sky :)

Good morning!  Doesn't sound too bad.. but watch for rogue mooses! surprise

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453

"My sister was bitten by a moose once. No, really!" -- Monty Python

And did you know that Volvo and Saab actually put their cars through "moose crash tests"? Using artificial moose crash test dummies, of course. When the idiots at Top Gear tried it, they completely goofed it up...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_test

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

I found a chocolate mousse moose

thunderstorm and wind advisories.  check the UPS batteries. wind + electric wires = >.<

success  win 7 and activated (by non-smart phone)  got the drivers from asus installed.

hit a snag on the install, kept telling me couldnt install on gpt partition, even after i deleted the primary partition.
    deleted all the partitions, even the recovery one. went in to bios, turned off UEFI under boot, cms launch.
    phewww  

graphics chipset HD4600  installing ds 4.8 first, do my very first iray render see how long it takes.  test it with my plugins.
    leaving my old pc hooked up. monitor has a few hdmi ports.
    dont want to mess too much in DS, this my carrara pc. excited anticipations to see 4 buckets rendering.

watched a few more hours of sony acid tutorials.  think i found what i was looking for under editing midi.
    so the midi file doesnt include sound. they call the instrumen you assign a patch.
    for non-keyboardests like me, you can draw in the midi channel. can cut, splice, edit pitch and tempo.  lot of this under keyboard commands, was why wuz so hard to find  (doh) 

nothing on 3 point video editing yet.  all the tuts i find are for the expensive vegas pro, not the cheap one i bought.
    have to get a good vocals microphone to use for the mimic pro.
    done a couple radio interviews back in the day, my voice through their mics sounded a lot different then what i hear through the pc mic.  
    dunno, mebbe megahertzes related?

sigh.

how was your day?smiley

My day is long so far and getting longer, iz terribly humid, like being in a pool with your clothes on. Yeah the MIDI is a keypress thing, works best with a two or three octave KB with pitch control for bending notes. I use MIDI a lot for animatronics, gives the operator something to do :) 

A three point edit is the basis of every cut, two in points and one out - whether you work film or digital or tape you have to do that. Choosing where the in and out points go iz the artistry :)

"My sister was bitten by a moose once. No, really!" -- Monty Python

And did you know that Volvo and Saab actually put their cars through "moose crash tests"? Using artificial moose crash test dummies, of course. When the idiots at Top Gear tried it, they completely goofed it up...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moose_test

Well there's the graphic, the AWESOME CRASH TEST MOOSE :)

ps1borg said:

My day is long so far and getting longer, iz terribly humid, like being in a pool with your clothes on. Yeah the MIDI is a keypress thing, works best with a two or three octave KB with pitch control for bending notes. I use MIDI a lot for animatronics, gives the operator something to do :) 

A three point edit is the basis of every cut, two in points and one out - whether you work film or digital or tape you have to do that. Choosing where the in and out points go iz the artistry :)

2 beginnings and 1 end?

and a mousse smiley

MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

2 beginnings and 1 end?

and a mousse smiley

Is the minimum cuts you can usefully use, learning to make choices around those three is a lifetime journey. Once you got the ins and outs (scuse pun) of three point edits from an A roll to a master you need to go five points from A and B rolls to a master...

edited February 2016
    ps1borg said:
    MistyMist said:
    ps1borg said:

2 beginnings and 1 end?

and a mousse smiley

Is the minimum cuts you can usefully use, learning to make choices around those three is a lifetime journey. Once you got the ins and outs (scuse pun) of three point edits from an A roll to a master you need to go five points from A and B rolls to a master...

cant find anything like that under vegas tutorials.

think is more pacific than under cinematography.

lol  setting up a course schedule for myself.  with homework. enlightened
    still on the midi editing.  didnt understand there was 2 types of VST.
    not trying to make a masterscore >.<  just some soundtracks for carrara movie.
    if i can make some kewl midi tracks, planning to reward myself with the harpsichord VST. or the era ii medieval thing. lol  sackbut

found a demo on the toobs.  THIS be some nice music for dragons flying in the carrara sky clouds

Post edited by Mistara on

8:30 already. how can i sleep tnite.  new computer excitement  

about to find out how fast usb 3 is.   zoooommmmm

• MistyMist said:

8:30 already. how can i sleep tnite.  new computer excitement  

about to find out how fast usb 3 is.   zoooommmmm

Whatever it is, in six months it won't be fast enough. devil

This discussion has been closed.