Streets of Tuscany

Doesnt say its compatible with Poser but its gorgeous sowanted to ask anyway, if it can be used with Poser11?

Thx, will miss Stonemasons new works if its all DS.

Scott

Comments

• wfbp1wwfbp1w Posts: 25

Normally it will convert to Poser (Create Poser companion file), but in general you have to edit the textures what can be a huge work. Sadly Poser users are left out more and more!

Wolfie

• Stonemason said he intends to add OBJ files in a comment in the PA Commercial Products forum thread.

• OBJ files are now out.

but good luck getting it all in the right place and right size.

theres a lot of it

• StonemasonStonemason Posts: 1,160

it should all load in place..no?

• The Dimension3D DSON loader got it in textured just fine for me.

• it should all load in place..no?

mmmm no,

its going to be a lot of work trying to figure out what gos where

sounds like you might need to adjust your Poser import settings then,because these sets I do are never exported with everything centered unless they are single props,

it should all load in place..no?

mmmm no,

its going to be a lot of work trying to figure out what gos where

• Yes if you use the correct settings (not at my computer) the obj files will load in place, add a copy of the textures to the same folder and they will load too.

but honestly using Dimension 3D's python script on the duf scene is so much easier.

• sounds hopeful.

so what are the best setting for getting OBJ's into poser (poser 11 pro btw)

any help would be welcome

• sounds hopeful.

so what are the best setting for getting OBJ's into poser (poser 11 pro btw)

any help would be welcome

It may have changed in Poser 11 but in older versions don't check any of the scaling options on import - those are a procrusteam option, they size the object to have the set size of the Poser 2 male on its longest axis, which isn't at all helpful here. Also turn off the centring options - as I recall all options in the OBJ import dialogue should be unchecked. You will probably then need to scale the whole set down uniformly to something like 40% or .4% (depending on whether it was exported at 1 unit=1m or 1 unit=1 cm).

• myotherworldmyotherworld Posts: 571
    edited February 2016

ok

first if I dont tick any boxes, its loads but I cannot see it anywhere? that the same in poser 2014 pro and poser pro 11

with 100% percent of standard figure I get a mess???

what can I do?

as you see from the images, one from poser 2014 the pther poser 11.

same setttings same results. but with all the boxes unticked cannot see the obj

poser 11 pro.jpg
    1657 x 1049 - 214K
    poser pro 2014.jpg
    1609 x 1021 - 193K
    Post edited by myotherworld on

that,sounds like a scale issue maybe?

• ok

I think I have it.

import settings for poser 11 are (for me anyway)

scale:0.045

tick: of original size

rest unticked

its in the right place and is a good scale for M4.

hope it helps someone.

thanks to Stonemason for the scale issue tip and for making models that we can still use in poser (after a bit of trial and error)

off to play, have a good weekend all

• Don't check the scale option Poser 2014 at all, in Poser 11 select the Of Original Size radio button under the scale box.