The I Wanted Mousse But Got A Moose Instead Complaint Thread.

Comments

• SerpentSerpent Posts: 4,075

Blech.  I want to start my own game company.  I'm tired of working for clueless bosses. Bloody sick of rampant idiocy.

I see why everyone I know in the software development business retires to do something that has nothing to do with computers...

Screw this, time to re-train myself. angry

http://www.zombieslugs.com

Run away, run awayyyyyyy.. MOOSE SIMULATOR! devil

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    riftwitch said:
    MistyMist said:

woes haz to prune the cart >.<

this looks kewl, cant afford it though.  antique harpsichord vst

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00KBXIYU4

Have you checked out this one? I don't know how it sounds, but it's $70.00 cheaper. http://sonivoxmi.com/products/details/harpsichord#overview

Thanks.   smiley  

ise also looking for a VST that sounds like an old fashioned music box?   music box sounds so creepy for haunted houses.

there was a big one you could see the pins get doinged, back in the day, at Macy's on 34th street.  haven't been there in 40 years. woww can't believe so many orbits have gone by.  the escalators in Macy's scared me.

ps1borg said:

Trains are hard cos they are all big and stuff and need bigger stuff to make them look that way. Crowds are hard cos there are so many of them. Those are my complaints.

we used to sing, red light green light one two three  was supposed to be magic incantation would make lights change faster.

mooses gracias  smiley

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799

It just occured to me that there never was a Millennium Moose along with the long-coveted Moollennium Cow.

there is a moose though. think was by AM

this was one of my last poser renders.  i still love V4.  she's like a sister. 
    faeriewyle is down for renovations.  can't get my fairie fix today.  can't see what national day it is or what to blame.

Well, I've now officially had it with this job. indecision

I'm getting a weird error and the best I get from the peron who supposedly knows what's going on is "That's odd." indecision

Zero support from my co-workers.  Zero understanding from management, all I hear is "Is it done yet?" angry

By February 29th. I will have enough money earned for a 10 week job search (this includes paying rent, feeding self, and a weeklybus pass for interviews).  I'll hand in my notice March 1st., they'll probably send me home right away as I, AND my placement agency, still have no idea why they hired me in the first place... indecision

4 resume's sent out so far.. lots of jobs all over!  And I can create music and write games from anywhere... devil

AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH hate hate hate hate angryangry

TWICE ow the tech lead has tried to get my attention, not by saying "Hey Ed, what's up?" but by grabbing the back of my chair and shaking it!!! W T F?!?!?!?!?

I hand in my resignation Monday for sure if I can just keep myself from kicking this dude.. OMG I am so so angry.. just sent a complaint to my agency as well, they know I'm quiting next week.

GOD I can't wait to get out of this place!  I'd rather bag groceries for a living! angryangry

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,139
    edited February 2016
    Serpent said:

TWICE ow the tech lead has tried to get my attention, not by saying "Hey Ed, what's up?" but by grabbing the back of my chair and shaking it!!! W T F?!?!?!?!?

I hand in my resignation Monday for sure if I can just keep myself from kicking this dude.. OMG I am so so angry.. just sent a complaint to my agency as well, they know I'm quiting next week.

GOD I can't wait to get out of this place!  I'd rather bag groceries for a living! angryangry

Grabbing your chairback and shaking it? surprise  Which gradeschool is he attending?  Apparently maturity was not a job requirement.  Watchout for a pizza slice on your chair or butter on your keyboard or some such other juvenile prank.  I had personalities that I didn't get along with but they were always mature and civilized. 

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    ps1borg said:

Trains are hard cos they are all big and stuff and need bigger stuff to make them look that way. Crowds are hard cos there are so many of them. Those are my complaints.

Looking pretty good, though, nonetheless!

Dana

edited February 2016

today is my first day on the job at my job of 13 years.  had to do a drug screening test.  tomorrow is fingerprinting day.

note to self: remember social security card tomorrow.

Post edited by Mistara on
  • MistyMist said:

today is my first day on the job at my job of 13 years.  had to do a drug screening test.  tomorrow is fingerprinting day.

"today is my first day on the job at my job of 13 years."  Huh?  Please 'splain. indecision

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I hate it when it feels like I am being given guilt trips.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776

Morning. Steel and glass and concrete are the only things lft unbent by a fiery North wind blowing extreme heat on us today, looks like we all go home by mid day, getting near 105 where we are now :)

MistyMist said:

hey congratulations :)

Serpent said:

Grabbing your chairback and shaking it? surprise  Which gradeschool is he attending?  Apparently maturity was not a job requirement.  Watchout for a pizza slice on your chair or butter on your keyboard or some such other juvenile prank.  I had personalities that I didn't get along with but they were always mature and civilized. 

*hugs* pretty strict about that sort of crap in the workplace here, sounds like you are doing the right thing anyhow :)

Thanks Dana, Misty. Hey we only got red lights on rail crossings here, haz FOMO :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,610

I am getting a case for my new tablet soon.   Well that is Amazon non-prime soon.  Also getting some other stuff like treats for the goldfish

MistyMist said:

"today is my first day on the job at my job of 13 years."  Huh?  Please 'splain. indecision

was a manpower part time temp at this place 13 years.  they hired me direct starting today, still part time.  same place different sig on my paycheq

the birthday mousse cake that wasnt.  wahhh  broken heart

tee hee  cutest cake

luv a cream puff heart

just mebbe haz a lil bit of a cake fetish 

mebbe lightwave has a competitive upgrade option

seeing usb wifi dooeywackermajigs fairly inexpensive on newegg. on the innernets, activate, get out before a windows update can finish downloading

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    Serpent said:

HEB is hiring.  cheeky

Officially too hot to work today, iz not nevessarily a good thing...

MistyMist said:
    MistyMist said:

was a manpower part time temp at this place 13 years.  they hired me direct starting today, still part time.  same place different sig on my paycheq

They like you :)

ohhh headache.  watched a few hours of sony tutorial video. 

this was what was looking for, http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/video/moviestudio/moviestudio8/VMS03TrimmingEvents_480.mp4

after these 2 i understand buses and dragging wav files to the tracks, and panning from left to right speaker
    http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/video/webinar/VegasPro11-MixingConsole_540.mp4
    http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/video/webinar/ACID-DrumTracks_288.mp4

MistyMist said:

ohhh headache.  watched a few hours of sony tutorial video. 

this was what was looking for, http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/video/moviestudio/moviestudio8/VMS03TrimmingEvents_480.mp4

after these 2 i understand buses and dragging wav files to the tracks, and panning from left to right speaker
    http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/video/webinar/VegasPro11-MixingConsole_540.mp4
    http://dspcdn.sonycreativesoftware.com/video/webinar/ACID-DrumTracks_288.mp4

Watch a tute about making a three point edit, once you got that you can do most things :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,063
    MistyMist said:

I think she means as a permanent worker, not a contractor.

Dana

This discussion has been closed.