It’s The End Of The World As We Know It, And I Feel Fine!

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited September 2012

Hey, "goodnight" doesn't mean you have to stop talking. :p

How about this -- whoeer can ramble on the longest in one post gets a candy bar. :P

HEY!! I can no haz candy bar, dockter sayz nooz.

EDIT: Note to self. Don't poke at Anne, she runs away and hides. :gulp:
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • BlumBlumShubBlumBlumShub Posts: 1,108
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Just wanted to get that out of my SYSTEM, Ahem! Barry!! You holding back on us? NICE render.

Thank you :D

Most of the render was fairly straightforward, only the posing was a pain in the bum-cheeks. Posing is my nemesis at the moment. I won't go so cocky as to say I'm good at lighting, but I don't fiddle around as much as I used to with the lighting, I seem to have at least a basic idea of what I want to achieve with that. Scenery is difficult because I'm sure people have all seen what I've got by now. It's either that or model my own, and modeling is a very slow process for me because I've no blinkin' idea what I'm doing!

But yeah, I really hate posing! Hate it. Hate hate hate it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

it has happened again on my Android
    I used quick reply, something goes wrong after a long essay and I get the address at blah blah blah is down or has moved page and I cannot get my post back by touching back!!!
    so too bad if I CAN ramble on the longest,
    you will not ever see the post as by then I forgotten what I said!!!

edited September 2012

but Barry, the lazy girl aint even posing with her sword! she is sitting in her chair waiting for the assailants to come to her!!! ;-P
    oops looked again, it is a different weapon, an AXE!!! %-P

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
    edited December 1969

that'lll teach me, I first looked at your render then went to other threads before coming back here eventually, Jeff's post had turned the page and my memory and old age not so great :red:

• VIArtsVIArts Posts: 1,496
    edited December 1969

but Barry, the lazy girl aint even posing with her sword! she is sitting in her chair waiting for the assailants to come to her!!! ;-P
    oops looked again, it is a different weapon, an AXE!!! %-P

Kinda reminds me of Inigo Montoya with his sword while he was drunk. :P

edited December 1969

that is another "Princess bride" in joke, isn't it :snake:
    must rewatch that for me, largely unmemorable movie to see what the fuss is about, one day!

edited December 1969

Maybe if Barry's axe babe were holding a bottle o' brandy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r91knqIVwAU

edited December 1969

She wouldn't drink brandy, her heart (and liver) belong to Jack Daniels!

I'm in a situation I'm not used to. I'm generally very happy. This is quite the revellation and I've expected it to fall apart for the last few weeks, but it hasn't, I'm still happy, I'm fired up, I'm enthusiastic, focused, and... Well, I'm kind of back to the way I was years ago, at least in my head. Obviously physical health problems are a different matter, I can't control diabetes or my bad back, arms, legs, eyes, etc!

The upshoot of all this is that I've taken stock of life, written that project list, and decided that art is where I can make a difference both to myself and to others.

My websites are dead, being brutally honest. I make enough to cover their existence but not enough to call them profitable. I'll keep them going, but I won't increase. A few pounds here and there is still better than no pounds. But that's it.

So I rewind the clock, and take Mr Belwon's advice, turn a hobby into a money making machine.

The Department of Work and Pensions are essentially saying that I need an income. I'm not disabled, I'm just very sick, and although getting up and physically going to work would possibly be the least comfortable thing in the world for me, there's nothing stopping me from working here, in the comfort of my own comfy chair.

I have to learn how to model. I have to learn how to texture. I have to learn how to pass quality control from Rendo/Daz/RDNA/Whoever, and I need to learn how to discipline myself to make enough goods to bring in enough bacon to survive on my own two feet.

If I don't have the right tools by now, then holy mother of Dog I'm screwed. Maya, ZBrush, Hexagon, Carrara, Poser, Daz, Bryce, Vue, Blender, the list just goes on and on. No excuses, got to get cracking and learn my craft.

edited December 1969

fast reply is evil :snake:

third time today I have posted a multipargraph tome and lost it due to data conectivity issues!!

edited December 1969

fast reply is evil :snake:

third time today I have posted a multipargraph tome and lost it due to data conectivity issues!!

i thought Fast reply had a VERY low character count. like hardly any to tell they truth. We only get 30000 in the normal reply box.
    edited December 1969

Ok, so, modelling is easy, will have an entire set of models by about 10pm.

Oh. I dreamed that. Damn.

edited December 1969

Arn't dreams wonderful? I had one were I did a full animated movie and it was rendering to still frames. When I woke up I checked on the render progress. I was very AWWW it was just a dream.

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Ok, so, modelling is easy, will have an entire set of models by about 10pm.

Oh. I dreamed that. Damn.

:lol: So glad we have lots of talented modelers around here who are willing to sell us their creations for a reasonable price! :) (Otherwise, my entire involvement in 3D would probably consist of statements like "Ooh! Look at that pretty render!")
    edited December 1969

I could have a set of models in minutes!
    ok, they'd all be cubes but . . . .

edited December 1969

God I had a dumb idea!
    for you to make munny Barry
    make
    texture sets for cubes!

edited December 1969

you all gone sleepybyes now?
    dawn is breaking here!

edited December 1969

I'm here I just hit render on a new one. Had to check with the Mods about the TOS first.

edited September 2012

I cannot go to the Daz site at all on my desktop, at least I can on my Android, must test laptop later, if that is blocked I won't be able to download purchases!
    this is what Windows tells me
    not on Chrome either

no_daz.jpg
    669 x 817 - 101K
    edited December 1969

Whats fubar with the DT pc? Or is it more of a can not get service issue?

edited December 1969

can go everywhere else!
    just not Daz!

edited December 1969

I just caught your Post in Stupid Thread. That's weirdness for sure. P.S. nice render.

I'm off to set up the next render for my little thing I'm doing. Back later.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Y'all are busy little bees today. I knew Barry had to be dreaming---or drinking heavily. :lol:

I've downloaded some, now to install. Hopefully I'll have a render before bedtime. Actually, I haven't eaten since day before yesterday. Better eat before doing anything else.

edited December 1969

Today's last render is cooking. I'm pooped, I really don't have the energy to fiddle with 3D anymore today. That's good, I should be able to sleep well tonight so I can go get all cleaned out tomorrow.

edited December 1969

I get more confused the more I try to do. Am I supposed to have genesis.dsf and genesis.duf both?

edited December 1969

YEP, the .duf comes with the new starter bundle. Hint It loads faster, for me anyway.

edited December 1969

I guess I'm okay then. I thought the .duf was supposed to replace the .dsf. I've got both.

edited December 1969

Hey Wendy, tell me again, what was it you used to make AVIs? Or can you just upload sequenced JPGs?

edited September 2012

I render seqyenced png's mostly and drop or open the first one in virtualdub, it loads the rest, you then save as avi.
    I save uncompressed
    then
    I use Windows live movie maker to edit and make into wmv files for YouTube.
    you can save compressed as mpg but bit big for uploading.
    I do not keep the avi files, they can be huge, just the image sequences and wmv files.
    Carrara loads image sequences, you can also make avi and mov files using Carrara!
    I have for 3D titles and several video textured planes for video in video effects.

edited December 1969

I fixed my Daz site unavallability issue
    pulled my dongle out and shoved it into another hole
    it reinstalled the driver and it is now able to go here!

This discussion has been closed.