I Hate the Camera Headlamp

2»

Comments

• Testing6790Testing6790 Posts: 1,091
    frogimus said:

I would love to select a camera in render settings. Then you could setup that camera exactly how you want, but use a different camera for all your WIP. Well, you can already do that, but then you have to remember to switch to the correct camera for rendering and switch to your other cameras to "work".

Even worse is when you have your camera set exactly where you want it and forget to lock it and accidentally move it T_T

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

When I set the headlamp to auto (so it should turn off if I have lights in the scene) it's always on, even with lights in the scene. When I turn it off everything is pitch black looking through the camera. A frusturating addition to my workflow, for sure.

What kind of lights? If they are surface shader lights they don't count for this purpose.

Neither do environment lights, like an HDRI. 

• frogimusfrogimus Posts: 200

Possibly have the "rendercam" an option in the create camera dialog. You would "Create -->Camera...", select your option (such as "apply current transforms"), then have a checkbox to create the rendercam. Camera is defaulted to headlight off and all transforms locked.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100

Here is the scene I use. Just unzip it and put it in a Daz Studio mapped content directory. Then in preferences under the "Startup" and "Scene" tabs choose to use that file instead of the default "None."

zip
    zip
    SpookysNoHeadlamp.zip
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Here is the scene I use. Just unzip it and put it in a Daz Studio mapped content directory. Then in preferences under the "Startup" and "Scene" tabs choose to use that file instead of the default "None."

That works great! Thanks. yes