Annual PA SALE 2012 Image and discussion thread-- DAY31-- Catch up extended and more

Comments

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

anikad said:
    Would a V3 character work with Genesis and V3 shapes? I do actually have v3 by itself as well. Thinking of getting this one: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/shadiyah-spirit-of-the-orient

No, because there is no UV for V3 at Genesis, unless you have the stuff Kerya was talking about.
    You can load V3 into DS4 however and use this awesome character. :)

Love, Jeanne
  • surrealitysurreality Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Taozen said:
    So will Surreality be back again later or what?

...probably! Even I don't know.

I am admittedly a little disconcerted that another product with the same name I used appeared today, considering how long ago I sent in the prelims on that, jeez! I'm guessing that's likely part of the confusion involved here, but no one's contacted me on the matter either way; I wish I could give you a better answer, but doubtless it will appear... *gulp* ...the S-word. :)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Nice to see you here Dee. Just go sock someone at DAZ... that will get them moving! lmao

edited December 1969

Also, since the cat is out of the bag -- yes, there is full DS support. *cough* ;)

• JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,250
    edited December 1969

Woo-hoo!

Can we hope for more in the future, now that you've got Studio running on your computer?

edited December 1969

Also, since the cat is out of the bag -- yes, there is full DS support. *cough* ;)

So you HAVE been hunkering down then? If so, congratulations on your emergence to DAZ Studio. I can't wait to see your product. If it's Fisty or one of your other willing DS preset masters then kudos to them since I know you always offer allot in your packages that would make most peoples heads explode! lol :P

edited December 1969

Sometimes. Studio still runs so very slowly compared to Poser that the sets take literally 5x as long to create when I include DS presets. With the market as it is lately, that had me earning less than 50 cents per hour on my previous multi-software-friendly set, and the losses incurred almost sent me into bankruptcy as a result. (If it wasn't for very understanding family, it would have.) I... well, can't live on that, and this is what I do for a living. Some will, if it's feasible -- but I can't do them all that way. The ones released elsewhere definitely won't, but I'm making an effort for at least most of the things I submit here to have DS compatibility. :)

edited December 1969

I'm sure you have looked into this. See I have issue with Poser running slowly on my system. 3DCoat is a mess but ZBrush runs like nobodies business. I just invested in Blacksmith3D 4 upgrade so hopefully that will be good on my system as earlier versions were crap. Weird how software is in that way! :coolmad:

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited September 2012

great thanks !

and it's greatly sold for me !;-)

Post edited by Thadeus72 on
  • larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

Bought 4 new hairstyles the last few days, here is one of them. Fun stuff :)

Hair.jpg
    546 x 536 - 118K
    edited December 1969

Sweet render. Love the lighting!

edited September 2012

Oh and here was the first render. Im just sharing the closeups here to keep it focused on the new item. The original compositions showed a lot more skin :)

Hair2.jpg
    500 x 500 - 96K
    Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    Sweet render. Love the lighting!

Thanks much. :)

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

wonderful render !

love the mouvement and the colors

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:
    anikad said:
    Would a V3 character work with Genesis and V3 shapes? I do actually have v3 by itself as well. Thinking of getting this one: http://www.daz3d.com/shop/shadiyah-spirit-of-the-orient

No, because there is no UV for V3 at Genesis, unless you have the stuff Kerya was talking about.
    You can load V3 into DS4 however and use this awesome character. :)

Love, Jeanne

Thank you both. She is gorgeous but I have so much other shiny I want. Decisions, decisions.

edited December 1969

thadeus72 said:

wonderful render !

love the mouvement and the colors

thanks!

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Nice renders! So which hair is this?
    edited September 2012

thanks

Gregoria Hair
    http://www.daz3d.com/shop/gregoria-hair

had been on my wishlist so when the price went down I jumped on it.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

Thanks. Somehow that had escaped my wishlist until the sale...it's certainly on there now. :)

• DAZ_KevinDAZ_Kevin Posts: 2,420
    edited December 1969

Day 15 is HERE! Run... flee before it is too late!

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited December 1969

Oh.. saved... as much as I would like to buy Luthbel's new product, being as how it's DS only I'm passing.

edited December 1969

I don't like feas, they make me itchy! :P

• TotteTotte Posts: 13,498
    edited December 1969

Cthulhu Fhang!

• earth2dearth2d Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I love Kuthbel's products, own most of them and would have bought Cthulhu Rising in a heartbeat. Wish there was a poser version, maybe his next product will be for both software.

• RCTSpankyRCTSpanky Posts: 850
    edited December 1969

Someone should fix the links to the current PA Sale Shops.

The links from the header graphic on the main page gives an 404 Error, because of a simple missspelling

• WhiteMystWhiteMyst Posts: 212
    edited December 1969

I'm kind of late getting around to a render but here is a quick render using the moccasins and jeans from 3D Universe's Everyday (used shaders on both items)

urbnchcevydyj.jpg
    362 x 1334 - 219K
  • medmonmedmon Posts: 4
    edited December 1969

Is there maybe, perhaps, hopefully going to be a "catch-up" day or two? I overlooked a couple of items I really NEEEEED :)

• ZaarinZaarin Posts: 359
    edited December 1969

*sigh* Ever since you accidentally released a Surreality item, I keep expecting her sale every day. :( On a side note, this is the first PA Sale ever where I can't say I'm excited about Luthbel's sale--I already have all his Gen4 stuff. :(

• griffon_e3f1dc9370griffon_e3f1dc9370 Posts: 224
    edited September 2012

Okay slow, but I finally got motivated in the right way and put together some things I've bought so far... and things I had before. Probably would have done something sooner but fighting some vision issues.

This uses Damon, M401, and D 207, all bought in this sale. Also included is Backstreets and Reviel (sp) hair bought in other sales. Lighting is from Terradome as I also used the skydome from that though you can't see it, and the postworking was made possible by Painted Look Actions by Adam Wright. Both the Terradome and the Painted Look Actions are not available here.

Edit to add: I changed the materials on the shirt.

krisyoung2.jpg
    907 x 652 - 115K
    Post edited by griffon_e3f1dc9370 on
  • IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,578
    edited December 1969

Zaarin said:
    *sigh* Ever since you accidentally released a Surreality item, I keep expecting her sale every day. :( On a side note, this is the first PA Sale ever where I can't say I'm excited about Luthbel's sale--I already have all his Gen4 stuff. :(

This x1,000. I know you apologized,and I know weaccepted. But you all are nuts to keep us waiting THIS long afterwards. You can't just put it back in the box and pretend it didn't happen. It did happen and we would like it back already.