Poser 10 -- How do I retrograde the CR2?

I haven't played around in Poser much since P6, but I'd like to do more with it, and with the figures that accompany it.  Is there a way in Poser 10 (my current version) to convert the weight-mapped CR2 to a "legacy" CR2 with classic bone-group rigging?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,026

AFAIK there's no way to do that beside re-rigging the figure completely.

• Blegch.  I really prefer to do it an easier way than that, if possible.

I'm glad my bills aren't riding on it, then.

• ByrdieByrdie Posts: 1,775

Which figure are you talking about? Just because Poser 10 supports weight mapped characters doesn't mean you have to use them, legacy figures will still work in it.  

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,785

If you wanted to use the mesh and joint centers you could, say, for Pauline, but you would need to make create sphereical joint zones.  You could then transfer those to clothing via  Copy Joint Zones From (The Poser Place Outfitter script might work, too; I've never tried it on a sphere rigged model).

• Byrdie said:

Which figure are you talking about? Just because Poser 10 supports weight mapped characters doesn't mean you have to use them, legacy figures will still work in it.  

I've got hordes of 'em:  I just see these nice newer figures labeled "doesn't work in D|S" and take it as a challenge.  ;)