Functioning old forums, better details pages, and wishlist improvements inside...

CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Greetings,
I've updated my User Script to automatically redirect you to forumarchive.daz3d.com if you click a forum.daz3d.com link. Furthermore, once ON a forumarchive page, it cleans up the HTML so that images and links work again. (It won't bring back the freepository or the PC forums, it just alters data that's on the page.)

It also improves the Wishlist, adding a 'Show Specials' toggle which shows all the rows that have discounts in your wishlist, and a whole host of formatting changes.

Lastly, on details pages, it removes the tabs, and shows all the information on the single page by itself.

If you're on Firefox, first you need to install GreaseMonkey. On Chrome the capability is built in.

In order to install this magical script, go to the DAZ3D Store and Forum improvements page and click 'Install' in the upper right. I've changed its name, so it may show up differently in Greasemonkey, so make sure to disable the old one if you had it installed.

I've tested it in Firefox and Chrome. Sadly Internet Explorer doesn't support User Scripts. Please feel free to let me know if you run into any problems!

-- Morgan

Comments

• Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited July 2012

Very cool, very needed! Being unable to read the old forums has been a real pain in the rear.

After a very quick test run, the threads in the archive display correctly but the forum to forumarchive redirect doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks again, this is awesome. ;)

Post edited by Tempest! on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Tempest! said:
    Very cool, very needed! Being unable to read the old forums has been a real pain in the rear.

After a very quick test run, the threads in the archive display correctly but the forum to forumarchive redirect doesn't seem to be working for me.

Thanks again, this is awesome. ;)

Thanks! Glad it's helpful!

I've updated the script to change the host a different way; apparently Firefox doesn't support changing the #host on a URL directly. If you uninstall it and re-install from the page, it should pick up the new version and work better!

-- Morgan

• shaaeliashaaelia Posts: 613
    edited December 1969

brilliant! Thank you :-)

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

You are just fabulous! This script is perfect. Thanks so so much! :-) Using newest FF and Greasemonkey! :coolgrin:

• Tempest!Tempest! Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:
    You are just fabulous! This script is perfect. Thanks so so much! :-) Using newest FF and Greasemonkey! :coolgrin:

The update fixed the redirect for me too. Two thumbs up. :coolsmile:
  • CherokeeCherokee Posts: 292
    edited December 1969

This Greasemonkey script works great. Thanks.

Only problem for me that I can see is the text color of the forum posts are too light to be able to read well.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much!! This is awsome. Its so nice to be able to see the old forums with the images.

Thank you again! :D

edited July 2012

Cherokee said:
    This Greasemonkey script works great. Thanks.

Only problem for me that I can see is the text color of the forum posts are too light to be able to read well.

Your using FF so install "Color That Site" for FF and install this script I made for it for the archived DAZ:

Style 'DAZ Forums Archived' for daz3d.comThe following part is for use by the Firefox Add-on 'Color That Site!'See: <a href="https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/200730/">https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/200730/</a>;ColourThatSite_Export(1,null)[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]ColourThatSite_Export

Save it out as a "DAZ Forums Archived.txt" file. It compliments my free scripts for Color That Site called "Earthy" I made for the main web site here and two others I've yet to upload to fix the Documents and Tutorials and ZENDesk areas. PS, the top background in the archived has gone missing so if you try to color that area you end up with weird and ugly color banding so I left it neutral.

Post edited by RAMWolff on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,561
    edited December 1969

...thanks. works like a charm.

...I see old renders

Now if there was someone skilled enough at scripting to get a "Go To [Page #]" number selection in the old forums to work so we didn't have to manually advance one page at a time to find an older thread.

• JarelJarel Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

This is fantastic, I have dozens of links to the old forums that now work again! Thanks very much.

• Rashad CarterRashad Carter Posts: 1,799
    edited December 1969

WOWOWOW This is VERY useful. Thanks so much!

• AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

Hi Morgan
    I have sent you an PM with some additions and small changes for the script.

Greetings
    Andy

edited December 1969

I'd sure be interested in any improvements! :-)

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited September 2012

Greetings,
    I'll be putting the changes up tonight; I'm at work and it's crazy-day today. :-/ Sorry about the delay!

EDIT:
    Some of the changes don't work, specifically the changes to the tabs. The old code that removes the tabs and makes them one block is working, the new code is not. It leaves a hanging

I like the pig a LOT, though, but I think there's a better way to do that, since it doesn't change between 'Show Specials'/'Show Everything'.

Unfortunately it's not a drop-in replacement. Fortunately Saturday is my day to hide in my room and code, while my partner takes care of the kids. :-)

@RAMWolff: What improvements would YOU like to see?

It's frustrating that Chrome 22+ makes User Scripts so much harder to install. :(

-- Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
    edited December 1969

Hi Morgan
    you can download a new version with the link in my last PM.

I have now tested the script in Windows Vista 64 with these browsers:

Firefox 15.0.1 with Greasemonkey 1.1

Google Chrome 21.0.1180.89 m + 22.0.1229.56 beta-m + 23.0.1262.0 dev-m native as extension
    Google Chrome 21.0.1180.89 m with Tampermonkey 2.5.64

Opera 12.02 for Windows
    It's necessary to Enable User Scripts on Secure Page (HTTPS) in Opera Browser
    The fix is simple, simply open the given link “opera:config#UserPrefs|UserJavaScriptonHTTPS“, tick User JavaScript on HTTPS and remember to click Save (at the bottom)!
    You will need to restart your Opera browser to make it work (simply close and re-open back the Opera browser). You should see the dialog box "Do you want to allow local JavaScript files to control secure pages?". Just click Yes and you can now execute user script on https.

The script works as it should in all of them.

The < /tbody> error was a typo in this part.
    <\n\/tbody>\n<\/table>\n = WRONG
    \n<\/tbody>\n<\/table>\n = OK

Greetings
    Andy

edited December 1969

The only thing I would dearly love to see (and this may be on DAZ's end) is that the script parse the pages faster. The initial load takes a few extra to get the page up. If there is no fix for that then no worries, I'm just glad to get to the old posts when I need them. :-) I using only Firefox and keep it updated.

edited December 1969

Hi Morgan
    I have changed the code for the order page, to correct the TypeError.
    Please download the current version from the link in my last PM.

Greetings
    Andy