Just Because I Can. STUPID THREAD II

Comments

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,972
    edited December 1969

I can haz no stoopid today, just headache.

Despite that, I managed to make a render of my customized Supersuit material zones.

It is not really that good, because I kinda got impatient with lights and stuff, and I am not really satisfied with that hair, but it'll have to do for now.

You can see the original (3000x3000) here and 800x800 right below...

Lakshya-supersuit-bump-disp.jpg
    622 x 800 - 87K
    edited December 1969

Also: I have totally forgotten how to use rigidity groups etc in order to turn that breastplate to breastplate.

Someone refresh my memory if that's how I should do it, so I can check it out in the morn... I'm off to bed.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,609
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yeah it just went for a little walk round, to see what the other forums were like, before it went back to it's spritual home.

And BTW taking about stupid

That tortoise got a helmet put on his back. Instead of complaining he just moved on with his life while the helmet remained on his back.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Why should he complain? I think it's great the government is finally supplying the indigenous tortoises of dangerous war
    zones with proper protection. It's way overdue, I feel. Way overdue. (")/^^^^\_

Post edited by Cyn Art on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Got sent this in an email this morning, just thought it belonged here.

Subject: Buying A Swimsuit In 2012

When I was a child in the 1940s, the bathing suit for the mature figure was boned, trussed and reinforced, not so much sewn as engineered. They were built to hold back and uplift, and they did a good job.
    Today's stretch fabrics are designed for the prepubescent girl with a figure carved from a potato chip.

The mature woman has a choice, she can either go up front to the maternity department and try on a floral suit with a skirt, coming away looking like a hippopotamus that escaped from Disney's Fantasia, or she can wander around every run-of-the-mill department store trying to make a sensible choice from what amounts to a designer range of fluorescent rubber bands.

What choice did I have? I wandered around, made my sensible choice and entered the chamber of horrors known as the fitting room. The first thing I noticed was the extraordinary tensile strength of the stretch material. The Lycra used in bathing costumes was developed, I believe, by NASA to launch small rockets from a slingshot, which gives the added bonus that if you manage to actually lever yourself into one, you would be protected from shark attacks. Any shark taking a swipe at your passing midriff would immediately suffer whiplash. I fought my way into the bathing suit, but as I twanged the shoulder strap in place I gasped in horror, my boobs had disappeared!

Eventually, I found one boob cowering under my left armpit. It took a while to find the other. At last I located it flattened beside my seventh rib. The problem is that modern bathing suits have no bra cups. The mature woman is now meant to wear her boobs spread across her chest like a speed bump. I realigned my speed bump and lurched toward the mirror to take a full view assessment. The bathing suit fit all right, but unfortunately it only fitted those bits of me willing to stay inside it. The rest of me oozed out rebelliously from top, bottom and sides. I looked like a lump of Playdoh wearing undersized cling wrap.

As I tried to work out where all those extra bits had come from, the prepubescent sales girl popped her head through the curtain, "Oh, there you are," she said, admiring the bathing suit. I replied that I wasn't so sure and asked what else she had to show me. I tried on a cream crinkled one that made me look like a lump of masking tape, and a floral two-piece that gave the appearance of an oversized napkin in a serving ring.

I struggled into a pair of leopard-skin bathers with ragged frills and came out looking like Tarzan's Jane, pregnant with triplets and having a rough day.

I tried on a black number with a midriff fringe and looked like a jellyfish in mourning.

I tried on a bright pink pair with such a high cut leg I thought I would have to wax my eyebrows to wear them.

Finally, I found a suit that fit, it was a two-piece affair with a shorts-style bottom and a loose blouse-type top. It was cheap, comfortable, and bulge-friendly, so I bought it. My ridiculous search had a successful outcome, I figured.

When I got it home, I found a label that read, "Material might become transparent in water." So, if you happen to be on the beach or near any other body of water this year and I'm there too, I'll be the one in cut-off jeans and a T-shirt!

You'd better be laughing or rolling on the floor by this time. Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain, with or without a stylish bathing suit!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited December 1969

I love tankinis with boadshorts!
    the one I have passes as a singlet top with inbuilt foam cups to accomodate my DD boobs hoisted and deceptively firm!
    (I HAVE worn it as a top with jeans! it is double black lycra with a frangipani on it as well as the inbuilt shelf bra, so no transparency issues!)
    the boadshorts match and hide my celulite thighs!

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Cho, are you sure that bathing suit article wasn't written anonymously by Dave Barry? :lol: He's written some priceless stuff over the years.

edited December 1969

Cho, are you sure that bathing suit article wasn't written anonymously by Dave Barry? :lol: He's written some priceless stuff over the years.

I do not think she claimed to wrote it. She said that she got that in her email.

edited December 1969

I feel stupid, stupid, and stupid with a side order of stupid.

• SlimerJSpudSlimerJSpud Posts: 1,453
    edited December 1969

Then you're in the right place. :lol:
    edited December 1969

Then you're in the right place. :lol:

Now I feel like I have to pee.

edited December 1969

I went to this room with a special kind of chair. I sat on it for a while and took away my feeling that I have to pee.

• Cyn ArtCyn Art Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Got sent this in an email this morning, just thought it belonged here.

Subject: Buying A Swimsuit In 2012

[snip] . . . The Lycra used in bathing costumes was developed, I believe, by NASA to launch small rockets from a slingshot, which gives the added bonus that if you manage to actually lever yourself into one, . . . [snip]

Tee-hee. My bosom buddies appreciated this li'l ditty. lol

Will admit I expected it to say in any mishap you'd go flying out like a squeezed cartoon banana. ~ :ahhh:

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

So now we are way back here on page 10. What a mess, come on DAZ get the shuffle to top running.

The Stupid thread feels kinda of Stupid way the heck out in the boondocks.

• Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nice, chohole!! :lol:

edited December 1969

Daz site is going up and down like a kid on a pogo stick.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited December 1969

Yep, they must be doing lots of fixes.

edited December 1969

Yeah -- on the other hand, I've noticed that it seems to be performing better now. Fingers crossed.

edited May 2012

yeah they must be fixing things, and not just doing the Hokey Cokey. In out, in out, shake it all about

Post edited by Chohole on
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited May 2012

Time for some silliness. I made a screen-capture (as I have the DVD), and loaded it into Photoshop. Hmmm, wanted to make it a bit different, hence the hieroglyphics...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/norse_graphics/7311087706/in/photostream

7311087706_0839793c51.jpg
    500 x 222 - 57K
    Post edited by Norse Graphics on
    edited December 1969

Cool! The forum has not logged me out as it used to!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Cool! The forum has not logged me out as it used to!

It logged me out though >:(

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited June 2012

Jaderail said:
    @ Kyoto Kid, let me know if and when you get some stories posted to any site. I'm stuck alone now days, all my RPG friends have moved away. We still enjoy blabbing on the phone about the old days but it's just too far for any of us to get together again. I tried starting a new group but thought better of it when only 15-18 year olds started asking to join. I dont think I need people wondering why my house is full of kids.

...will definitely do so.

If I can recover those files from the old HD (even in plain text format) I'll see about breaking up the stories into manageable sized chapters so they are easier to post or at the very least to attach to emails.

Going to start playing in my friend's London After the Shadows campaign this weekend. The freestyle space campaign we last were in (where my character was a "techno fey") was an advanced BTL simulation in which our characters in the upcoming London setting were participating. Kind of fitting that Her Grace Countess Grande adopted the persona of a mischievous child like red haired fey since she adopted Leela in her "RL" (wasn't really clued in when we started).

...exhibits A (Kaylee) and B (Leela) for reference (ack! they reversed positions).

[Rescaled, didn't realise it was it was 900 x 800]

Kaylee_fey.jpg
    800 x 800 - 302K
    leela_milka_rsl.jpg
    800 x 711 - 450K
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
    edited December 1969

I saw email saying there was a new post and I clicked on link in email and it went directly to new post. I need to get to sleep soon, but I am not tired.

Why does Micah have to lick his butt while sitting next to me? There is nothing I can do about it though. Now he is licking his thighs. I can offer to give him regular baths so he would not have to lick himself but he is hydrophobic so I doubt he would like that.

edited December 1969

Why does Micah have to lick his butt while sitting next to me? There is nothing I can do about it though. Now he is licking his thighs. I can offer to give him regular baths so he would not have to lick himself but he is hydrophobic so I doubt he would like that.

He's doing it to be social. Cat grooming activity is social activity. Ever seen how mommy cat licks her kittehs? And then the kittehs lick each other? That's social grooming. You should try to stroke his head with a single finger, along fur, so it feels like he's getting groomed.

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

He's doing it to be social. Cat grooming activity is social activity. Ever seen how mommy cat licks her kittehs? And then the kittehs lick each other? That's social grooming. You should try to stroke his head with a single finger, along fur, so it feels like he's getting groomed.

I will try to remember that when he is licking himself next to me. Right now he is not. Glad I do not have to lick him as he is covered with fur and that does not sound fun.

edited December 1969

I will try to remember that when he is licking himself next to me. Right now he is not. Glad I do not have to lick him as he is covered with fur and that does not sound fun.

Yes, that's not a good idea. Nor is licking his butt. Ew.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,514
    edited December 1969

...and to think one of the main races in my SF story evolved from these critters. :-/

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

He can lick his own butt. I am not going to do that for him.

Sci Fi or Fantasy races that have evolved from cats do not have to do the same thing as cats. Some say humans evolved from apes, but humans generally do not do everything an ape does.

edited June 2012

Skiriki said:

He can lick his own butt. I am not going to do that for him.

Sci Fi or Fantasy races that have evolved from cats do not have to do the same thing as cats. Some say humans evolved from apes, but humans generally do not do everything an ape does.

AH yes, but if you study the mating dances of some groups of hormonal teenagers on street corners, you can see that some things haven't changed.

Post edited by Chohole on
This discussion has been closed.