Free Human Figures Linklist

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Eva-X added, Zwoggel (noncommercial use) as a semihuman figure added ...

• adh3dadh3d Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Hi, just to say that the weight map version of adman, with the adwoman pack is available now for downloading.

edited December 1969

adh3d said:
    Hi, just to say that the weight map version of adman, with the adwoman pack is available now for downloading.

Thank you!
    Added and corrected the links in my list ...

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited July 2015

AYANA DOLL by Glidman, new character, along with a clothing pack at ShareCG!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
    edited July 2015

This is an import plugin that lets you import free human/figure MMD models, so I figured this would be a good home. (Note: some MMD models aren't free, but some are made and distributed for free)

MMD Model importer for Daz Studio! wow... tried it on a model, and it worked! Rigging was not perfect, but there was rigging as well. Needs the latest Daz Studio 4.8 and make sure to download the C++ runtime mentioned on the blog. Then it worked for me.

I think the Blogs owner is named Yuki (?)...

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
    edited December 1969

Thank you! I had forgotten this forum thread ... Ayana Doll added!

Not sure about the MMD Model importer - where do you find dolls for MMD?

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Thank you! I had forgotten this forum thread ... Ayana Doll added!

Not sure about the MMD Model importer - where do you find dolls for MMD?

I suspect DeviantArt has more MMD models than Poser models... and DA has a lot of Poser models.

I added it under Misc ... LOL

Thank you!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648

Do any of these figures work in Daz? All I see is the word Poser.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604

Basically most Poser stuff will work in DS, although mats may need tweaking.  Anything dynamic will not work in DS, nor will newer figures which are specifically weight mapped for Poser.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,784
    edited February 2016
    3dOutlaw said:

This is an import plugin that lets you import free human/figure MMD models, so I figured this would be a good home. (Note: some MMD models aren't free, but some are made and distributed for free)

MMD Model importer for Daz Studio! wow... tried it on a model, and it worked! Rigging was not perfect, but there was rigging as well. Needs the latest Daz Studio 4.8 and make sure to download the C++ runtime mentioned on the blog. Then it worked for me.

I think the Blogs owner is named Yuki (?)...

I cannot figure out where the download is and got worried by some of the links

I can already use MikuMikudance models in iClone and Carrara so was sort of curious but not that curious

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

It's on a Onedrive link.  It's common to be on Onedrive in other countires as Dropbox and Google are blocked by gov'ts in many cases.

I haven't grabbed this since I last posted though.  Seems to be updated.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited February 2016
    fool said:

Google translate will give an approximation of the overall page and will usually do a very good job with download links.   It's very useful for many of the Japanese pages.

Other than some of the weight mapped figures (Kez/Koz) most of it is like Chohole said...no DS materials.  There may be minor annoyances, like some of the parameter dials will be 'no limits' and have odd step sizes, so things may move a lot more than you would expect them to, when dialing in a pose or something.

Here's a render of Decoco in 4.8 with one of the skins found on ShareCG and an SSS shader...

Works quite nicely in Studio.

displacement_4.png
    640 x 800 - 525K
    Post edited by mjc1016 on
  • SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    mjc1016 said:
    fool said:

Google translate will give an approximation of the overall page and will usually do a very good job with download links.   It's very useful for many of the Japanese pages.

Other than some of the weight mapped figures (Kez/Koz) most of it is like Chohole said...no DS materials.  There may be minor annoyances, like some of the parameter dials will be 'no limits' and have odd step sizes, so things may move a lot more than you would expect them to, when dialing in a pose or something.

Here's a render of Decoco in 4.8 with one of the skins found on ShareCG and an SSS shader...

Works quite nicely in Studio.

oh okies thanks so much seems like some extra work bt seems to be worth it!!

• mjc1016 said:
    fool said:

Yeah it translated it without me even clicking the option but was still no help

I am curious, if these figures can be imported why does FBX muck up so badly from iClone for example and collada worse yet my Carrara rigged stuff will come over with Collada albeit a bit iffy?

I feel FBX import is close but not quite there and prob not much needed to fix it.

edited February 2016
    fool said:
    mjc1016 said:
    fool said:

Yeah it translated it without me even clicking the option but was still no help

I am curious, if these figures can be imported why does FBX muck up so badly from iClone for example and collada worse yet my Carrara rigged stuff will come over with Collada albeit a bit iffy?

I feel FBX import is close but not quite there and prob not much needed to fix it.

Because FBX is Autodesk and is about as finicky as anything?  And that each version of it barely acknowldges the previous one?

For an exchange format, I don't find it very 'friendly'...everything has to be just right...the importer has to perfectly understand the exported version and if it doesn't...

I've had problems with Autodesk's converter (the one to convert between versions), not recognizing a file it just exported (unsupported version), to convert it to a different format.   I've had to go back to the original and start over...

• SixDsSixDs Posts: 2,384

"FBX is Adobe, er, I mean Autodesk"

Don't you hate when that happens, mjc? laugh

• we need an iClone importer/API plugin but since Reallusion no longer collaborate with DAZ that is very unlikely.

Is a shame as G3F and M are very similar in rigging to iClone Character creator figures, both exported from iClone 3DX6 work quite well in Carrara too but of course no longer seen as DAZ format just rigged items

edited February 2016
    SixDs said:

"FBX is Adobe, er, I mean Autodesk"

Don't you hate when that happens, mjc? laugh

Umm...is there much difference between them?  At least on the software distribution/production level?  Both make software that is 'rent to use'...and wants to be in total control

• Chohole said:

Basically most Poser stuff will work in DS, although mats may need tweaking.  Anything dynamic will not work in DS, nor will newer figures which are specifically weight mapped for Poser.

If one has (Poser) poses for such figures, they can be made to work for stills.  Sometimes...

I've gotten away with posing and rendering KOZ a couple of times.

Chohole said:

If one has (Poser) poses for such figures, they can be made to work for stills.  Sometimes...

I've gotten away with posing and rendering KOZ a couple of times.

There's also the 'rerig' route...but that falls under 'Advanced...only approach if snowed in, bored or verifiably insane' category (or all of the above).

• Just a heads up, but Renderosity changed their Forum TOS the other day so that off-site links in the forums are no longer allowed (even to pure freebie sites like ShareCG)  This has caused several people to pull their freebies from Renderosity, so you will need to check your links over the next few days to make sure that they aren't dead.

Thank you for the heads up!

Just a heads up, but Renderosity changed their Forum TOS the other day so that off-site links in the forums are no longer allowed (even to pure freebie sites like ShareCG)  This has caused several people to pull their freebies from Renderosity, so you will need to check your links over the next few days to make sure that they aren't dead.

• You might want to consider my Missus figure. I'm constantly creating things for her (working on a more "human" conforming head for her now.), a couple years from now I'll wager that you'll see things differently. ;) http://www.sharecg.com/v/83158/browse/11/Poser/Missus http://www.sharecg.com/v/83467/browse/11/Poser/Braids-for-Missus http://www.sharecg.com/v/83698/related/11/Poser/Hands-for-Missus

*giggles*

She IS cute - I am adding her!

Thank you for this fun figure!

(By the way: I even added her "Braids" to my Hair freebie list *grin*)

• Thanks Kerya!

LADY KNIGHT for Poser by DRAKELOT http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/?item_id=74868

• XaatXuunXaatXuun Posts: 871

I keep forgetting to come back here