Don't Blink! sale ..um I blinked and it's gone.....

2»

Comments

• AtiAti Posts: 9,078
    jakiblue said:

So what exactly happened to "new artists every 2 hours all day long"?

From what I can see, there's only been 2 sets of Blink sales. And unless they plan on extending it another day, the day's new releases should be up in an hour or so. 

There were 4 sets of sales. 3 artists in the first 3 sets each, and I believe 6 or 7 artists in the final set.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

ah good ol' flash/blink sales....where the first three happen while my part of the world is asleep.  

Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

From what I can see, there's only been 2 sets of Blink sales. And unless they plan on extending it another day, the day's new releases should be up in an hour or so. 

There were 4 sets of sales. 3 artists in the first 3 sets each, and I believe 6 or 7 artists in the final set.

jakiblue said:

ah good ol' flash/blink sales....where the first three happen while my part of the world is asleep.  

Ati said:
    jakiblue said:

I know I'm addicted, there was a time when I set my phone to wake me up in 2 hours, when the new blink sale starts. :D But this would not have worked with yesterday's sale, as none of the sales were actually 2 hours long. They were totally unpredictable. One lasted almost 4 hours, one did not even last the 2 hours. I don't know how long the final set lasted, I went to sleep. :D

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883
    edited February 2016

The Final sale lasted until it was 8 am here where I live in Denmark , so  around 7 hours . if I remember correctly , you posted it was up around 1 am my time.

Post edited by Ferretmania on

The Final sale lasted until it was 8 am here where I live in Denmark , so  around 7 hours . if I remember correctly , you posted it was up around 1 am my time.

Yes, it was a little after 1am. We're in the same timezone. :)

• I only caught the last one, alas. Got a handful of items, but can't help but fret over what I missed...

• I would guess UK ?  So yeah 7 hours which would make it midnight MST if my math still works :) And i've gotten pretty addicted too in a very short time, since I did exactly that. Set my alarm , go check the sale, go back to sleep , rinse and repeat from around 2.30 am ( with 1 1/4 hour between alarms). The ones I was hoping for didn't go on sale , but I got some other great stuff from the top of my wishlist, so I'm happy laugh

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,724

If you're on Windows you can use this, it will run in the background and pop up and notify you as soon as new sales are starting.

http://taosoft.dk/software/freeware/sw-daz/

• Taozen said:

If you're on Windows you can use this, it will run in the background and pop up and notify you as soon as new sales are starting.

I've been looking at that tool several times , but never got around to trying it since it doesn't say anything about Win 10.

Does it work with Windows 10 pro ? 

Taozen said:

I've been looking at that tool several times , but never got around to trying it since it doesn't say anything about Win 10.

Does it work with Windows 10 pro ? 

Not tested yet, but it should. In any case it doesn't change anything or leave any traces on your system (other than any Windows may create internally) and it can't damage anything so you can just delete it if it doesn't work. Just remember not to put it in any of the "program files" folders.

Oh, yes, another thing - if the Help file is blank or doesn't work, it's probably Windows that blocks it, that's normal. Just right click on the Help file and select Properties, there should be an Unblock option. Or look here:

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/unblock-file-windows-8

• Thanks seems like a very nifty little program.

I just dragged the unzipped folder to the desktop and ran it from there.

Didn't have any problems running the file except for Windows 10's usual "we have blocked an exe from an unknown publisher blabla" . I'll let you know if it doesn't work when a sale changes :) 

OK, thanks for the feedback... :)

• Taozen said:

OK, thanks for the feedback... :)

Thought I'd let you know, that your program works as it should with Windows 10 pro :) 

Thanks