Shape Magic Models in Use

124»

Comments

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,648
    edited January 2016

Here is yet another Render with using Shape Magic to make 2 new braclets and a nice vase:

The Beauty Of Butterflies.jpg
    800 x 800 - 123K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on
  • RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,806

Looks great! I like the rainbow colors on the vase too

Here are some vases I made today:

Blue Chrysanthemum Vase.png
    800 x 800 - 555K
    Brown-Gold Paisley Vase.png
    800 x 800 - 468K
    Leather Vase Vase.png
    800 x 800 - 471K
    Raw Vase glass.png
    800 x 800 - 486K
    Raw Vase.png
    800 x 800 - 216K

Last one here

Tarnished Brass Vase.png
    800 x 800 - 444K
    edited February 2016

I am having so much fun learning how to make the Objects then shading them and using them in different ways!!!

Here is what happened when I brought some into PSP9 :D

4 Vases.jpg
    800 x 800 - 266K
    Post edited by Saphirewild on

Very cool! Textures play such a big role in how an object looks, as your examples show. Glad you are having fun!

Made some more stuff with shape magic:

43% Vase.png
    572 x 927 - 492K
    80%finished Table.png
    1500 x 1061 - 1M
    leather vase.png
    572 x 927 - 309K
    pink vase3.png
    572 x 927 - 158K

Nice! Glad to see you're still making objects. Are you using them in renders?

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770
    edited April 2016

This looks amazing! I'm looking for something to create an item that wraps around a man's forearms to hide scars (like bandanas or those Western/biker style leather forearm covers). This looks like it might work. 

Post edited by Llynara on
    RGcincy said:

Nice! Glad to see you're still making objects. Are you using them in renders?

Yes I am just wanted to show off some of the ones I am going to be using in a couple of contests!!!

• aspinaspin Posts: 219

Unfortunately it requires Quicktime, and Quicktime is being discontinued and has severe security issues.

Unfortunely I can not use Shape Magic anymore as I can not load quicktime into my new laptop.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693

@Saphirewild - You might know this, but it bears mention as this issue occurs more over time:

You might consider using a "virtual machine" mechanism - (vmware, virtualbox, or xen are the ones I trust)

With a virtual machine, you can create a machine-in-a-window in your laptop, load an older operating system like W7 or XP and load up your older SW as if it were a separate machine in its own right.

That older machine can be disconnected from the virtual network so security issues aren't an issue, and it can share folders with your laptop for moving data in and out of the virtual machine.

I use a few older programs in a 32bit WindowsXP virtual machine and it works great, and will probably be portable to newer OS-s (windows 11...)  with licenses intact, etc.

FWIW, the Virtual-machine tools are so amazingly simple to use and setup! You install the base package, use a wizard to create a new machine, give the new machine some space, memory, and CPU, and start it up. Just like any new Hardware, you put in an OS install disk (e.g. Win XP) and install normally - still needs a key, etc., and off you go. It reads USB drives, and can be set-up to share your main machine 'downloads' or 'desktop' as a folder on the Virtual machine, so you can move files back and forth, or it can be set-up to access the network directly as any standalone machine might. You can also save and copy the machine in case you want to have multiple versions (testing/development/different versions of DS, etc.)

Hope this might be a useful angle,

--ms

Unfortunely I can not use Shape Magic anymore as I can not load quicktime into my new laptop.

I don't have a work around for that other than what mindsong suggested. Shape doesn't play any videos so really doesn't need quicktime itself but the program shell it's written in calls for it and I have no way to overwrite. I did find a Quicktime Alternative online but haven't had a chance to try it to see if it works and may just be a video codec.

I am not computer savy at all what you said Mindsong is kinda greek to me. 

I hope you can find something to work with or without Quicktime.

• mindsongmindsong Posts: 1,693
    edited December 2016

@rgcincy, thanks for that tool, BTW. Generous and appreciated.

@Saphirewild, that babble up above is describing the idea of using a dedicated separate machine to run Shape Magic on something like WinXP. That idea is pretty obvious/simple, but there's a cool way to do it without the separate machine hardware!

The difference is that separate WinXP 'machine' exists as a program on your current machine (you're probably running W7, Win8x, or Win10 - Macs can do it too).

You install the virtual machine SW, much like installing Daz Studio (run setup, click 'next' a bunch of times...), open the software you just installed and create a new machine (kind of like creating a new document), boot that machine  - it opens a new window (ther rest of your machine is still running just like you're used to), then install Win XP and that older quicktime and Shape Magic, and get stuff done! When you're done, you 'shutdown' that machine, and you open (boot) it again later, and it's all still there, just like a hardware computer would be.

It's a computer in your computer, dedicated to Shape-Magic (and any other older programs you'd like to keep running forever!). It uses your mouse and keyboard just like you'd expect when that window is active. It's fast and pretty transparent, and can be open right along with all of your other programs, just like photoshop, DS and MS-word.

IF it sounds like magic, it's because it almost is. And it's no more complicated than *any* of the 3D software you're so good at. A bunch of folks here can probably help with questions if you're feeling ambitious!

cheers,

--ms

Post edited by mindsong on