Animal lovers: Wolf 2.0 for Poser released

This was supposed to hit the store the 31th January but to my surprise it's already here. Sorry for the few promo images available but more will come in the next 2-3 days.

"The wolf, one of the most fearsome and legendary predators, is now available also for Poser users as a fine and detailed 3D model complete with Poser dynamic hair, a complete collection of morphs, expressions, poses and different color schemes."
http://www.daz3d.com/wolf-2-0-for-poser-by-am

Comments

• Here are some fantastic one the Shozai did!

Grey Wolf Bastion.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 2M
    Lesson.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 709K
    Stalker.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 790K
    The-Pack.jpg
    2600 x 2000 - 1M
    Wolf_2_Poser.jpg
    1300 x 1000 - 450K
  • See it, have it :) Thank you!
    Would you make the Fox for Poser, too, or an update for it?

• See it, have it :) Thank you!

Thanks to you!

Yes, little by little I'm planning on converting my furred critters for Poser, so the fox too.

• Okay, I will wait.
    And thanks again, the Wolf is perfect!

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/102601/

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,689

Wonderful!  I will try to get him soon but into my wishlist he goes.

• amulackamulack Posts: 11

See it, have it :) Thank you!

Thanks to you!

Yes, little by little I'm planning on converting my furred critters for Poser, so the fox too.

Hi Alessandro,

thank you very much do not forget us Poser users. Your Wolf is wonderful and I hope, many users support your efforts and buy your Poser products. :-)

I went to put him in my cart this morning but it says it is purchased already.

• I went to put him in my cart this morning but it says it is purchased already.

Mmmhmhh are you sure because if it's so maybe is a store issue.

• amulack said:

Thanks to you!

Hi Alessandro,

thank you very much do not forget us Poser users. Your Wolf is wonderful and I hope, many users support your efforts and buy your Poser products. :-)

You're welcome, I'm looking forward to bring more and more products for Poser as well, not only models but also add-ons and feature extentions.

I had the same problem. Log in .... log out ... Sometimes it worked. :-)

@ Alessandro_AM

Thanks :-) I am very happy and looking forward to new Poser content from you :-)

Mmmhmhh are you sure because if it's so maybe is a store issue.

I think it was a memory issue.  I cannot remember what I got yesterday with the Gia pro bundle.

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Thanks to you!

Great!   Snapped up the wolf.  I intend to use DS and LAMH, but I will still be using Poser for many things too, particularly the Poser/VUE combo.   Will be watchng for the fox.

Many thanks!

Why does the fur not work with superfly?

• Why does the fur not work with superfly?

From what I understood some features like gathering fur colors from a texture doesn't work yet with dynamic hair and superfly...

• The wolf is a beautiful product, but I haven't been able to use it as it crashes Poser when I try to render it.   If there is a "read me" that explains render settings and such (in case there is something I could set there) I would be so happy to find it!  I saw nothing included in the package as purchased from Daz.

• The wolf is a beautiful product, but I haven't been able to use it as it crashes Poser when I try to render it.   If there is a "read me" that explains render settings and such (in case there is something I could set there) I would be so happy to find it!  I saw nothing included in the package as purchased from Daz.

Hello, can you please tell me your PC specifications? This attached could be the most basic render setting to use in Poser, or eventually you might want to 'send the render to queue'.

All depends on your system specifications, especially the RAM amount.

pp.jpg
    694 x 576 - 85K
  • I am using Poser 10 and found the problem!  The setting "render as separate process" fixes it and it renders flawlessly  :)

Now if I could only figure out a way to save as a wavefront obj to use in Vue I would be a really happy camper!  Thanks so much for your attention and reply,  it truly is a beautiful product.

• LadyLight said:

I am using Poser 10 and found the problem!  The setting "render as separate process" fixes it and it renders flawlessly  :)

Now if I could only figure out a way to save as a wavefront obj to use in Vue I would be a really happy camper!  Thanks so much for your attention and reply,  it truly is a beautiful product.

You're welcome! Have you tried the Poser dynamic hair converter? http://www.sharecg.com/v/27296/related/10/Software-and-Tools/Dynamic-hair-converter

• I did download the dynamic hair converter, but looking at it wasn't sure it would work for so many separate sets of hair.  Waited to see if you had a better alternative. :

I use Vue 2015 and have 16g ram but it's a no go for importing the wolf from Poser directly.   I will try the converter now  :)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,926
    edited March 2016

Hey,

I really like your animals but also your 'Look at my Hair Product', I wanted to try it, so I bought Look at My Hair & the Kangaroo & Joey.

Will it be possible to export the hair also besides to Poser and other 3D programs to a HairWorks format that Unity 5.3.3 & and Hairworks can use? See link below.

https://github.com/unity3d-jp/NVIDIAHairWorksIntegration

Also, I tried to sign up for that open beta although as a noob I might not be of big help but the link on your website to join is broken although I did download from your website what is said to be the latest beta plugin I haven't installed until I go through a tutorial with the released version of the plugin. Also, finally, DAZ Studio is not asking for the serial number I was given for Look at My Hair when I go to 'Installed plugins'.

Thanks.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • So, I am not one to give up easily, but after hours of trial and error with the hair converter and every other thing I can think of,  UNCLE.  The hair converts all well and fine, but can't texture it to look like it's original hair.

Guess the wolf is just not to be inVue, which is disappointing as I have SO much trouble with lights in Poser.   Still, not the fault of the Wolf, he's perfectly lovely in his Poser habitat.

Thanks again, love him though I can't use him in vue as I had hoped.

• LadyLight said:

So, I am not one to give up easily, but after hours of trial and error with the hair converter and every other thing I can think of,  UNCLE.  The hair converts all well and fine, but can't texture it to look like it's original hair.

Guess the wolf is just not to be inVue, which is disappointing as I have SO much trouble with lights in Poser.   Still, not the fault of the Wolf, he's perfectly lovely in his Poser habitat.

Thanks again, love him though I can't use him in vue as I had hoped.

Ok, I had to search what UNCLE meant, learned something new :)

I believe if the goal is to have the wolf rendered correctly in DAZ, the best scenario is to use the Wolf 2.0 for DAZ and the LAMH (free or full) plugin, since it will generate not only the OBJ but also the JPG texture that match the geometry.

Here is my quick test of LAMH Kangaroos on my old Intel HD Graphics 3000 laptop. How to test LAMH without the underlying texture to see what it's specifically doing without the roo textures?

Kangaroo.png
    700 x 393 - 655K
  • Here is my quick test of LAMH Kangaroos on my old Intel HD Graphics 3000 laptop. How to test LAMH without the underlying texture to see what it's specifically doing without the roo textures?

To me it seems like the is no LAMH in effect in that render. Were you able to install and activate it (seen right now your previous post where you mentioned such issues)? If you bought the full version, make sure to uninstall the free one, otherwise they will conflict.

In any case, you may remove the textures applied on a LAMH group object directly from the Surface pane (see this screenshot); there were I indicated, just select no texture and you go with the default diffuse color). In this test I assigned a blue color and made a quick render.

Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 19.11.16.jpg
    2560 x 1268 - 958K
    Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 19.11.50.jpg
    1949 x 1257 - 813K
    Screen Shot 2016-03-07 at 19.13.01.jpg
    1933 x 1322 - 543K

Wow, so I activate LAMH Editor and now as soon as I try to open the LAMH Kangaroo Scene I saved DAZ Studio 4.9 crashes fast!

• Wow, so I activate LAMH Editor and now as soon as I try to open the LAMH Kangaroo Scene I saved DAZ Studio 4.9 crashes fast!

I can't say why that happens without seeing the log files (DS and LAMH). Can you at least open the single LAMH figures and remake the scene?

edited March 2016

Wow, so I activate LAMH Editor and now as soon as I try to open the LAMH Kangaroo Scene I saved DAZ Studio 4.9 crashes fast!

I can't say why that happens without seeing the log files (DS and LAMH). Can you at least open the single LAMH figures and remake the scene?

I'm not sure what is wrong. eg.

a) I can load a Genesis 2 Base character, Open the LAMH Editor, close LAMH Editor, close DAZ Studio without saving anything and the I get a crash from DAZ Studio during close.

b) I can load a Genesis 2 Base character, close DAZ Studio without saving anything and the I get no crash from DAZ Studio during close.

c) My saved Kangaroos.duf scene as above crashes DAZ Studio now when I try to open after activate LAMH

d) After activation of LAMH and your post above I recreated the scene of Kangaroos.duf - it has all the same elements as the picture above except the render settings must be different as I haven't changed them. I open the LAMH Editor, make no changes, close the LAMH Editor and DAZ Studio saving nothing and I don't get the DAZ Studio crash on closing like I do just for loading the vanilla Genesis 2 Male and opening and closing the LAMH editor.

So something in Kangaroos.duf render / shader setting is causing a crash. And something, probably a default shader / render setting, in the Genesis 2 Male is causing a crash. My new Kangaroos 2.duf scene with Kangaroo & Joey does not crash DAZ Studio.

I can't remember where the LAMH log files are but if you tell me I will email them to you or post them here.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Wow, so I activate LAMH Editor and now as soon as I try to open the LAMH Kangaroo Scene I saved DAZ Studio 4.9 crashes fast!

a) I can load a Genesis 2 Base character, Open the LAMH Editor, close LAMH Editor, close DAZ Studio without saving anything and the I get a crash from DAZ Studio during close.

b) I can load a Genesis 2 Base character, close DAZ Studio without saving anything and the I get no crash from DAZ Studio during close.

c) My saved Kangaroos.duf scene as above crashes DAZ Studio now when I try to open after activate LAMH

d) After activation of LAMH and your post above I recreated the scene of Kangaroos.duf - it has all the same elements as the picture above except the render settings must be different as I haven't changed them. I open the LAMH Editor, make no changes, close the LAMH Editor and DAZ Studio saving nothing and I don't get the DAZ Studio crash on closing like I do just for loading the vanilla Genesis 2 Male and opening and closing the LAMH editor.

So something in Kangaroos.duf render / shader setting is causing a crash. And something, probably a default shader / render setting, in the Genesis 2 Male is causing a crash. My new Kangaroos 2.duf scene with Kangaroo & Joey does not crash DAZ Studio.

I can't remember where the LAMH log files are but if you tell me I will email them to you or post them here.

Probably there is something saved uncorrectly on the very first scene you made (a LAMH bug or issue of some kind). So the 2nd scene you made is now loading/saving correctly?

You can contact me at [email protected]

LAMH log file is in your Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/logFile.txt
    DAZ Studio log file is accessible from menu View->Help->Troubleshooting->View log file

Probably there is something saved uncorrectly on the very first scene you made (a LAMH bug or issue of some kind). So the 2nd scene you made is now loading/saving correctly?

You can contact me at [email protected]

LAMH log file is in your Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/logFile.txt
    DAZ Studio log file is accessible from menu View->Help->Troubleshooting->View log file

OK, I will test & send you the log file each of the scenarios above. I am busy with outside work so it will take a few days. Thanks.