RRRR Murphy Winners Announced!

TotteTotte Posts: 13,473

Winners of the RRRR Murphy's Law render contest

The Best category

Winner: Karibou - The Annoyingly Cheerful Co-worker

Second place: Chanteur-de-Vent - A Curious date

Third place: Luci45 - Triatholon (Murphy's Technology Law #23.5)

4th place divided:

Linwelly -  Not a tunnel (Law of the many Laws: The shortest way from point A to B is by GPS)

Totte - Murphy's Law on random samples - you always get the wrong samples

The 4th and 5th hade the same score, but not only that, the exact same points, 5+4+2 = 11, so there was no way to separate them even using the Eurovision Song Contest vote counting rules.

Now the Funniest category

Winner:  Gopherus - Budget Cutbacks at the Fairy Tale Castle

Second place: Karibou - The Annoyingly Cheerful Co-worker

Third place: Ken OBanion - Domino's Work For You?

4th place: Luci45 - Law of Fashion

5th place (divided as 5th and 6th had again the same score and the same points 5+4=9) This was even trickier as the 5th and past prize was split, but fair is fair.

emsim - When You're Trying to Impress Someone...

Purrkat - No good dead goes unpunished.

Big  congrats to all the winners!

And the prizes!

Winner in the Best category:
– One item from the Dumor3D store.
-- $40 DAZ Store GC

Winner in the Funniest category
– One item from the Dumor3D store.
-- $40 DAZ Store GC

Second place in the Best category:
–  Two items, no bundles, from First Bastion's store
-- $20 DAZ Store GC

Second place in the Funniest category:
–  One item from Totte's store.
--  $20 DAZ Store GC

Third place in each category:
-- $15 DAZ Store GC

4th place (Honorable mention 1):
-- $10 DAZ Store GC

5th place Honorable mention 2):
-- $5 DAZ Store GC

As we do have two splits  (this will put the poor store under stresstest)!

The split in Best will yield that 4th and 5th will get a $7.50 GC each

The split for 5th in Funniest will yield that each of the two 5th will get a $2.50 GC.

If this doesn't work, I solve it some way or another.

Please be patient, GC and prizes and contact PMs will arrive soon (not DAZ s**n) but soon.

Once again Congrat to everyone!

No I didnt forget the most important thing, the Lucky Bastards, and as we hit a new year, everyone will start off with a clean sheet, but this contests LB's will be added.

Lucky Bastard standings:

Karibou 2
Chanteur-de-Vent 1
Luci45 1
Gopherus 1
Ken OBanion 1

I hope you all enjoyed it, now planning the next RRRR ;-)

Comments

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252

Congratulations to the winners.  Well done.

• Wait, what? *stands still for half an hour in disbelief*  Thank you so much guys! 

And off course, congratulations to the winners! Really amazing renders this time. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Congratulations to the winners!

Chanteur-de-Vent, check your inbox. I sent your prize gift card code.

• Got it, barbult. Thank you!

• luci45luci45 Posts: 2,649
    edited February 2016

smileyCongrats to the winners! Especially happy to see the Gopherus first place win (and with no farts.) cheekyYes, Chanteur-de-Vent, many of us (me included) voted for that one. laugh

And thank you Totte for another great RRRR and for resetting the LBs!!!!!!!!!!

Post edited by luci45 on
  • LinwellyLinwelly Posts: 5,780

Congrats to the winners aof all cathegories abd placings and thanks a lot for voting me to a HM!

• GopherusGopherus Posts: 1,103

Wow!!  Thanks everyone!  And congratulations to the other winners!!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,091

Congratulations to all the winners of another great competition. And thanks to Totte for all the organisation again, and of course to the sponsors.
    I look forward to the next RRRR - and I hope I may manage more than one entry this time (too much going on last month).

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited February 2016

luci45 said:

smileyCongrats to the winners! Especially happy to see the Gopherus first place win (and with no farts.) cheekyYes, Chanteur-de-Vent, many of us (me included) voted for that one. laugh

And thank you Totte for another great RRRR and for resetting the LBs!!!!!!!!!!

Luci, I think you broke the LB-machine and that's why it had to be reset...  :)

And here I thought I'd avoid LBs if I stopped making entries.  Thanks all!  I'm delighted!  I've momentarily fallen back into the abyss of RL, but I will certainly come and play next month!

Congrats to the other winners -- lots of giggles this time!

Post edited by Karibou on
  • Congratulations all.  Great renders all around!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

Congratulations all. 

And I agree with this quote word for word.  .

MelanieL said:

Congratulations to all the winners of another great competition. And thanks to Totte for all the organisation again, and of course to the sponsors.
    I look forward to the next RRRR - and I hope I may manage more than one entry this time (too much going on last month).

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

I'd like to add my own congratulations to all of the winners, and to assure you that, as soon as I iron out the glitch(es) with DAZ not accepting my card, your prizes will be immediately forthcoming.  (There's plenty of geld in the account, so I have no idea what's going on.  Weather-related network issues, perhaps?)

Again, my heartiest congratulations to the winners!  (Including me!  <Commence fifteen minutes of insufferable smugness!>  And may I offer my own thanks to everyone who voted for it.)

And yes, Totte, I would be delighted to sponsor again.  The usual arrangement.  (PM to follow, confirming.)

• Congratulations to the winners,  and a warm thanks to everyone that participated. There was a great collections of fun images this round as always in the RRRR.  

• SasjeSasje Posts: 835

Concrats to all the winners so many great renders laugh yes

• purrkatpurrkat Posts: 134

Congratulations everyone! Hurray Gopherus, great to see you on top! Karibou, that was definately one of my favorites. Thank you to the sponsors of this fun event and thank you Totte for organizing it all.

• EmsimEmsim Posts: 234

Congratulations to all the winners and thank you for the honorable mention! Thank you again Totte for organizing this contest - it's always as much fun to follow as it is to participate!

• Ken OBanionKen OBanion Posts: 1,447

I finally got all of my GCs ordered, and the PMs sent!

Once again, congratulations to all of the winners, and if anyone has any issues with the GCs (it has happened before), just PM me and I'll be more than happy to mix it up with DAZ over it.  ("It's been so long since we've had a decent war!" -- Alan Dean Foster, "With Friends Like These...", a short story from the collection of the same name, 1977; a seriously fun read, BTW!)

Again, congratulations everyone, and I'm looking forward to seeing you all in the next one!