Poser 10 internet required?

Does Poser 10 phone home? I installed it (with key) on my no-internet art computer and it worked fine, I was learning to use it with the included figures, etc. when one day all of my libraries showed as empty. I didn't even have a content file anymore, it was all just gone. Poser 10 itself is still there, I can open it and do... stuff, but that's all.

Comments

• Petercat said:

Does Poser 10 phone home? I installed it (with key) on my no-internet art computer and it worked fine, I was learning to use it with the included figures, etc. when one day all of my libraries showed as empty. I didn't even have a content file anymore, it was all just gone. Poser 10 itself is still there, I can open it and do... stuff, but that's all.

sounds like the adobe air update that breaks it

there is a patch I believe. I just stopped Adobe air updating myself and use old version

• PetercatPetercat Posts: 2,315
    fool said:
    Petercat said:

sounds like the adobe air update that breaks it

there is a patch I believe. I just stopped Adobe air updating myself and use old version

What's Adobe Air? Does it come with Poser?

• no but earlier Poser uses it, is an Adobe product, hopefully someone more knowlegeable might comment as my solution, blocking it in Windows firewall is not the best one, just what worked for me

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

Since your machine isn't on the internet Adobe Air couldn't have been updated unless you did it, so I doubt that's the problem.

Since your machine isn't on the internet Adobe Air couldn't have been updated unless you did it, so I doubt that's the problem.

Thank you. I'm just wondering if it happened because Poser 10 didn't phone home when it was supposed to, because of the lack of a connection.

Does Poser 10 need to phone home?

• frogimusfrogimus Posts: 200

No. That was the Game Dev version that needed to phone home.

frogimus said:

No. That was the Game Dev version that needed to phone home.

Thank you. I'll look elsewhere for the problem.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Poser 10 uses the Adobe Flash library (Adobe Air is for the External Library and that is Poserpro only)

If you gave that computer a Windows update ...http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/977961/#Comment_977961