What just happened to the website?

Robert952Robert952 Posts: 141
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Time now 4:51 EDT. Oct 18,2012
What just happened :question: Pages look good, normal, then click and...

All the store pages just went to BIG images, HUGE font. Promo previews down side when looking at a specific item (not under promo image with scroll bar). Won't show as my favorite grid format (or the grid is one column wide by well a lot). No 'what's included' tab. :ahhh:

Like it's stuck in List mode, for the visually impaired.

And I can't shop to see what the bundles have! :bug:

(BTW - Not browser issue as same in FF and IE. Even cleaned out the cache, cookies, etc ad nauseum. Other pages and sites working fine.)

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,349
    edited December 1969

They were probab;y doing updates to the site. All seems to be back to normal, for we were seeing the same.

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Not for me, New releases is messed up. Tried in two different browsers.

edited December 1969

Hmm, working fine for me now. Try Ctrl+F5

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

I can't get the store to come up at all right now. It just brings up like a web map of the site but won't let you pull up any category.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Cleared caches, cleared cookies, cleared history and rebooted. Still a borked Store for me in both browsers.

Conclusion: Not a browser issue.

• BrotherloboBrotherlobo Posts: 495
    edited December 1969

/rant on

WTF has happened to the website?
    Not just today...but over the last couple of weeks. Links not pointing to the right place, different menus in the store, PC stuff appearing during one search but not in the next, etc. Did they hire someone new? The normal webmaster go on vacation? Aliens infecting thier servers? Rogue nanites rewriting all thier code? Ugggg!!!!

Okay...I feel better now.
    /rant off

edited December 1969

I'd say its probab;y the aliens. Still ok for me. I keep checking it to see if it messes up for me. It was completely borked about a half hour ago but fine now.

• Pax AsteriaePax Asteriae Posts: 401
    edited December 1969

Glad it's not just me, I've been cursed with websites today... looks like the CSS has packed in, it's just lists of text links and images for me.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Yes, it's fine for some and not for others, weird situation. I have tried a forced refresh, and a cache clear. For otheres it came straight back.

edited December 1969

Just gives me a list of all the places I SHOULD be able to go to but then when I click on them, it doesn't take me there even though it starts to look like it does.

More frustrating than dating the girls from the Catholic School. *sigh*

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I know, this guy works for DAZ now...

SWEDISH_CHEF_by_Hellion_Kat.jpg
    323 x 266 - 16K
  • RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

One of the main squabbles I have currently, since many of the others are still on "the list of things to do" is when the reveal a new product, I've been finding them down a couple of rows. That's so unprofessional and not good for the merchants sales since it's not being displayed in the first slot for all to see. Plus a few new products they put up don't have a "CART" button so I guess these really are not ready for prime time but there they are, teasing us!

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,811
    edited October 2012

5:06PM Central, 4:06PM mountain
    Whatever's been going on with the site is still going on. I've looked at it in two browsers, including a copy of Opera that never goes to the site and dumps its cache on exit, and the CSS is well and truly messed up. The top menu line isn't showing up, the options that are normally hidden behind menu dropdowns are all displayed, and the items are all on one long display along the left side. Doesn't matter how I approach the site.

The weird thing is, the forum is (for the moment) fine. I thought the forum and the store used essentially the same CSS.

Post edited by vwrangler on
  • ZelrothZelroth Posts: 910
    edited December 1969

I am also having problems with viewing the store. I hope it is just a temporary problem, and they get it fixed. I have tried it on two different computers in two different locations. SAME Problem,. I have even just tried it on a total of 3 different browsers. It doesn't make a difference, Oh well, perhaps it will be fixed tomorrow. :down:

• TheWheelManTheWheelMan Posts: 1,014
    edited December 1969

I didn't see this thread until after I posted my own thread. It looks like either the theme, or the CSS for it, isn't loading.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,795
    edited December 1969

not working here.. I thought maybe Ken's new flock release flocked off with it!

edited December 1969

Nah... new Mestophales Dragon prolly ate the CSS is all.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

Relax, people. It's just a zombie rehearsal.

• gingercakes47gingercakes47 Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

It is getting pretty close to the end of the world, only a few more months, things should be expected to start showing entropy.

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited October 2012

never mind :)

Post edited by Alisa Uh-Lisa on