Daz Studio Connect Installed Content/ Seems to Be Uninstalled Mysteriously

I'm wondering if anyone else has experience installing a peice of content through Connect only to find it showing as not yet installed some days later. Is this a thing?

Comments

• It's showing as a grey thumbnail? Are other items still shwoing correctly as installed? Did you use the same Daz Connect data directory for everything?

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,483

Yes and Yes.

• Well, I have seen some reports of oddities but this is a new one.

• twitch99twitch99 Posts: 81

I have this issue on a fairly regular basis.  I check the Smart Content window at least once a week looking at ALL and often find at least one previously installed product that is now grey with the Install icon present.  They all then install with out issue.  It does not seem to be the same products that do this.

The other issue is 3 products that keep coming up with Update Available but the update fails.  When I check in Info Tab for the product, the Install Date is later than the Update Date, so it does not seem that it should need an update, but the Update Available has a Yes.  I have a laptop and desktop on the same account and both computers have this issue with the same products.

On the latest version of DAZ.

• twitch99twitch99 Posts: 81

Correction to first statement, now that I could check, the picture is NOT grayed out, but the Install Icon is there and the options are to Install, not Install Update

twitch99 said:

I have this issue on a fairly regular basis.  I check the Smart Content window at least once a week looking at ALL and often find at least one previously installed product that is now grey with the Install icon present.  They all then install with out issue.  It does not seem to be the same products that do this.

• twitch99 said:

Correction to first statement, now that I could check, the picture is NOT grayed out, but the Install Icon is there and the options are to Install, not Install Update

twitch99 said:

Well, that would be the case for a DIM install - it's offering the opportunity to make it a Connect install (which should copy the existing files, at least for the most part, and allows per-file updates) - but I can't think how it could convert a Connect install to a DIM install.