Buy FaceShop 7 Sale - get FaceShop 8 upgrade FREE! [commercial]

info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
edited October 2012 in The Commons

With the upcoming FaceShop 8 you can enhance your candidate with the right facial hair. FaceShop 8 will carry a library of beards, mustaches,scars and tattoos. It will also allow you to make your own and add to the library.
Laslo

Splashnewsm.jpg
600 x 316 - 87K
Post edited by info_b3470fa520 on

Comments

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,552
    edited December 1969

NEAT! Although I do have other apps that do beards and face hair, I like the scar idea.

• info_b3470fa520info_b3470fa520 Posts: 880
    edited December 1969

True. In this case it is all integrated and included with FaceShop 8:-)

edited December 1969

If you buy FaceShop 7EZ after October 15, 2012 for $44.95, you will not only get a great bargain but also free upgrade to the upcoming FaceShop 8!
    FaceShop 8 will feature NEW beard/scar/tattoo libraries

- PLUS all the other great FaceShop features you know:
    1. Use single photo or two photos to create texture and morph
    2. Six EZ figures for fast/clean face generation
    3. Add age/weight to any character
    4. Morph brush and texture brush
    5. Create caricatures with sliders
    6. Mirror and profile tools
    7. Built-in how-to videos and tech support

Title Edited by Mod to remove %

candidate2.jpg
    600 x 358 - 81K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,201
    edited December 1969

Threads merged

edited October 2012

Ok.

edited October 2012

Faceshop 8 is coming in November!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

New relative to the number of posts that you have made since the new forums went live.
    Everyone started on a even footing in the new forum, with a zero post count an "New Member" status, although join dates do show how long you have been a member of the DAZ 3D Community.

edited October 2012

chohole said:
    New relative to the number of posts that you have made since the new forums went live.
    Everyone started on a even footing in the new forum, with a zero post count an "New Member" status, although join dates do show how long you have been a member of the DAZ 3D Community.

Redacted

edited October 2012

One more post and you become a member, 251st post gives you active member

Next grades come in a t 1001 and then 2501. we don't know yet when the next change will happen as no one has reached it yet.

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited October 2012

Ok, I see the change.

edited December 1969

Well you missed all the fun. When people were realising that they got little green boxes for the grades we had a thread going in the Members only forum called "The little green box collection party thread" It went on for ages, one of those fun nonsense threads which made 161 pages before it died. Just so peopl could get little green boxes to add to their collection. LOL

• DaremoK3DaremoK3 Posts: 798
    edited October 2012

Hey Laslo,

Any chance you are ever going to release another full functional trial (like you did years ago) for people who would like to evaluate the software, and it's ability to work with their systems.

I almost bought the version I demoed years ago, but it refused to create textures correctly, so I passed.

My system was probably, most likely the suspect, and now that I have a better system, and you have made substantial changes to the program, I would like to reevaluate if it would be good for my needs.

If not, no worries, I'll just "keep on keepin' on"...

And, anyone who wants to bark up the 30 day return policy tree; Don't bother. I hate the whole return process, and more importantly, I first need to see if it will work for me BEFORE I make plans to find odd jobs for enough cash to make a purchase in the first place.

*EDIT: Oh, and chohole, "Boxes... We don't need no stinkin' boxes"!

Post edited by DaremoK3 on
    edited December 1969

I know, but it was a fun thread for a while, lots of humour in it, which was great.

edited December 1969

DaremoK3 said:
    Hey Laslo,

Any chance you are ever going to release another full functional trial (like you did years ago) for people who would like to evaluate the software, and it's ability to work with their systems.

I almost bought the version I demoed years ago, but it refused to create textures correctly, so I passed.

My system was probably, most likely the suspect, and now that I have a better system, and you have made substantial changes to the program, I would like to reevaluate if it would be good for my needs.

If not, no worries, I'll just "keep on keepin' on"...

And, anyone who wants to bark up the 30 day return policy tree; Don't bother. I hate the whole return process, and more importantly, I first need to see if it will work for me BEFORE I make plans to find odd jobs for enough cash to make a purchase in the first place.

*EDIT: Oh, and chohole, "Boxes... We don't need no stinkin' boxes"!

To be honest this version does not require beta testing. Regarding our (and DAZ) 30-day policy - it works surprisingly well. People are more honest than one would give them credit for. Now, if we could just take money out of politics:-)
    Laslo

stud.jpg
    600 x 375 - 106K
  • T JaimanT Jaiman Posts: 560
    edited December 1969

If you buy FaceShop 7EZ after October 15, 2012 for $44.95, you will not only get a great bargain but also free upgrade to the upcoming FaceShop 8!

Does this apply to FaceShop 7EZ Upgrade?

Does it work when FaceShop 7EZ is on sale?

edited December 1969

T Jaiman said:

Does this apply to FaceShop 7EZ Upgrade?

Does it work when FaceShop 7EZ is on sale?

No and Yes.
    If you buy a new FS7 now at half -price you get a free upgrade to FS8.
    Laslo

edited December 1969

Posting improved Splash screen for FaceShop 8:-)

Splashnewsm.jpg
    600 x 316 - 87K
    edited December 1969

Just a reminder:
    Everyone who is using Faceshop 7 with Studio 4.5 must download the new 4.5 plugins from:
    http://abalonellc.com/free-upgrade-for-existing-pro-users.html
    Laslo

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to the new version 8. FaceShop has been the most heavily used plugin I've used with Daz studio

I do wonder is any sort of bundle going to be available for those that are both PC & Mac users that plant to buy FaceShop 8 for PC & Mac or upgrade the PC & Mac version of FaceShop 7 they have to FaceShop 8.

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    I'm looking forward to the new version 8. FaceShop has been the most heavily used plugin I've used with Daz studio

I do wonder is any sort of bundle going to be available for those that are both PC & Mac users that plant to buy FaceShop 8 for PC & Mac or upgrade the PC & Mac version of FaceShop 7 they have to FaceShop 8.

Good news-when you buy Faceshop, you get both the PC and the Mac version. No need to buy separately:-)

• SaldisSaldis Posts: 3
    edited December 1969

Faceshop 8 is coming in November!

Any news about the release date?
    edited December 1969

Not yet. Still working to fix Genesis.
    Laslo

• peteVaultpeteVault Posts: 308
    edited February 2013

Because of my unique setup I could not make the plugin in Daz 4.5 work. Laslo spent nearly 20 minutes of his time politely leading me through the fix. And fixed it is!!! I am grateful for such quality help. Because of the upgrade and discount I picked this plug-in up for a great price. But I have to tell you....as useful as it is...I'd have paid full price. This plug-in is just built for the way Genesis can morph. Highly recommended. Sign me: No longer "dazed and discouraged"

Post edited by peteVault on
    edited February 2013

pete.c44 said:
    Bought Faceshop EZ8 and not having any luck with the Daz Studio plug in. I follow the video and manual carefully....but I always get ths error "Unable to read surface configuration file. Surface selections will need to be applied manually." This is done with M5 in Genesis. Dazed and discouraged.

Don't be Dazed and discouraged! Do the right thing and get Tech Support at Abalonellc.com (the place where you bought FaceShop 8): [email protected]
    Or call:650-302-0894

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

FaceShop 8 will feature NEW beard/scar/tattoo libraries

- PLUS all the other great FaceShop features you know:
    1. Use single photo or two photos to create texture and morph
    2. Six EZ figures for fast/clean face generation
    3. Add age/weight to any character
    4. Morph brush and texture brush
    5. Create caricatures with sliders
    6. Mirror and profile tools
    7. Built-in how-to videos and tech support

Title Edited by Mod to remove %

I purchased FS 7 for MAC back in November. How do I I upgrade to FS8?

Thanks.

edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:

Thanks.

Give us a few days to put up the downloadable

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Is Face Shop 8 and the option to upgrade to Face Shop 8 going to be available for purchase in the DAZ store or are they jusy going to be available only from the Abalone website?

edited December 1969

Jay_NOLA said:
    Is Face Shop 8 and the option to upgrade to Face Shop 8 going to be available for purchase in the DAZ store or are they jusy going to be available only from the Abalone website?

DAZ has Faceshop 8 WIN in their QA department since February 21. I expect it to be made available once the process completed.
    Meanwhile, Faceshop 8 WIN is available at abalonellc.com
    Laslo

690x250.jpg
    690 x 250 - 92K
  • Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Geminii23 said:

Thanks.

Give us a few days to put up the downloadable

Hi Abalone,

Can you please email/PM me with instructions on how to upgrade to FS8.

Thanks.

• edited December 1969

I would like to buy the Faceshop 8, but there is not much information about how it really works, and how the photographs need to be done to get a good result, and real world examples from the conversion from a photo and how does it really and how easy is to do it and the quality you get.

I do not want to buy it and then find that is not good at making the faces or more possibly that I do not know how to use it to be get the most of it