Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 2

Comments

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

[quote author="GussNemo" date="1353000182

@Rareth: Those the mountains are rather dark, I like the way you've done the sky. With the moon(?) as large as it is. Real nice.

I noticed it looks dark on my laptop here at work but the office is light up with bright, Floresence bulbs, and my home computer room, is dimlly light, so I think thats the difference,

looks alot better on my home system.

edited November 2012

new wip I got the idea from another tutorial,

stone-arch.jpg
    1514 x 855 - 64K
    stone_arch.jpg
    1514 x 855 - 89K
    Post edited by Rareth on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Roland...yeah, that looks more natural...very nice. Wouldn't ya just luv to go down there and explore? Bet there's some kind of secret cave hidden around the growth that leads one down to it ;)

Jay

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited December 1969

2 pages in one day - I cannot keep up with that pace. Good work all around. Keep it coming, don't wait for me.

• Roland4Roland4 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

A good work that we can not do without the help of David and Horo.

edited December 1969

And now it´s a hidden place.

SecretPlace3.jpg
    750 x 500 - 402K
    edited December 1969

having alot of fun with this technique, now I just need to find a way to incorporate the stone arch into a landscape and have it look believable..

still a work in progress
    All done in Bryce 7.1 Pro, the arch is a Lattice rotated 90 degrees. and set upon a second terrain that the feet are built up on, and added a few stones to break things up a little.

stonearch4.jpg
    1514 x 855 - 59K
  • eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:

@eireann: Love the intricate cubes you made with Wings. Even better the results when rendered in Bryce. You may not have obtained the results you were after in the first image, but I think it looks very nice. The touch of purple(?) and the hint of shadows is very pleasing. And the shiny affect in the second image is wonderful, even though it might not be what you were after. They're both very nice. I also like your alien landscape. Almost looks like someone dusted it with powdered sugar. You sure this isn't a close up of a ginger bread cookie?

Thanks for the flowers, Guss,
    As a matter of fact I am still just experimenting with Bryce. I am fairly new at it and havent discovered most of it. Materials are still a big mystery for me.
    edited November 2012

Materials are still a big mystery for me.

In the moment the materials are a mystery for you, but later if you play longer with Bryce you'll notice that it's actually quite easy. Some call this "experience".

If you want be good you must learning ,leaning learning. And if you are ready with learning than you must learning again.

Post edited by Roland4 on
    edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    Materials are still a big mystery for me.

In the moment the materials are a mystery for you, but later if you play longer with Bryce you'll notice that it's actually quite easy. Some call this "experience".

If you want be good you must learning ,leaning learning. And if you are ready with learning than you must learning again.

Roland is correct, just play with Bryce for now get a feel for how the different materials included influence a scene, there is also a great resourece here http://www.bryce-tutorials.info/index.html that I visit every day and try out something from the site.

edited December 1969

Learn from David and Horo. David is the grand master for Bryce and have allways good tip´s.

• eireann.sgeireann.sg Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Roland4 said:
    Learn from David and Horo. David is the grand master for Bryce and have allways good tip´s.
    Yes, and David is also very helpful finding good solutions for lighting and materials.
    Here what he made out my wackycube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P0I6WiNbTU
  • GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited November 2012

@Rareth: That WIP really looks interesting. It'll be nice to see what you end up with after applying materials.

@eireann: Those cubes turned out really well with David's lighting techniques. Never ceases to amaze me.

Post edited by GussNemo on
    edited November 2012

The most important thing I learned from David is, that the scale from a texture or other objects a specific object can make bigger or smaller. Look at the picture ! Do you anderstand what i mean ? The terrain is allways the same, without changes.

Demo.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 641K
    Post edited by Roland4 on
    edited December 1969

GussNemo said:
    @Rareth: That WIP really looks interesting. It'll be nice to see what you end up with after applying materials.

@eireann: Those cubes turned out really well with David's lighting techniques. Never ceases to amaze me.

I'll need to dig up some photographs of what I pictured in my mind, but basically wanted to see if I could create an Arch from the Terrain Editor, and things took off from there.. I got the idea from the tutorial to create a Book of all things with the Texture Editor from the Bryce-Tutorials Website.

Now I have to go and set up my Render of my beach scene all over again.. Windows decided to update and reboot last night in the middle of an 8 hour render.. Funny thing is even though I saved the file before hand Bryce did not preserve the camera settings so I get to fiddle with that to get it going before I head into work.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Let my computer plod along with lighting tests while I works.

Top left is the original Bryce 5 scene.
    Top right, my first attempt at relighting with a mixture of "obscure" light and Bryce sun.
    Bottom left, my second attempt.
    Bottom right, my third using one of Horo's HDRI as a source for "obscure" light - no direct light at all.

Cull5_remix1.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 1M
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,069
    edited November 2012

Interesting experiments. I think the bottom right has the wrong sky. It should be cloudy to make the even light plausible. Top right and bottom left look quite natural to me.

I've been experimenting a bit, too (though I should have continued on my project). First, I created am isohedron following David's tutorial 4 minute Wings 3D project - a quick look at Shell Extrude - a tutorial by David Brinnen, then I studied Bryce 30 minute lighting project - obscure lighting experiment - a video by David Brinnen and finally Bryce 5 minute lighting project - how to set up "obscure" lighting - a tutorial by David Brinnen and I had an idea.

The first one has the Background TA optimised radial removed, light from inside as well, otherwise no changes except adaption of light (but not saturation). The HDRI was specular convolved in Bryce with an exponent of 25. Render time 43:51.

The second uses David's Obscure lighting scheme and it rendered in 47:02.

Last picture was rendered in normal IBL mode with Quality 256, render time was 8:51.

Isohedron-IBL.jpg
    600 x 600 - 71K
    Isohedron-Obscure.jpg
    600 x 600 - 95K
    Isohedron-sc-025.jpg
    600 x 600 - 91K
    Post edited by Horo on
  • SylverdaliSylverdali Posts: 198
    edited November 2012

"WAIT" Bryce render Daz model, www.daz3d.com/shop/bot-armor had lots fun with this model, i know they should be all shiny but i rather like the neutral look

WAIT.jpg
    1324 x 713 - 821K
    Post edited by Sylverdali on
  • IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited November 2012

Here are a couple more renders I've set up mostly to examine how successfully Genesis will handle the older generation clothes. As I work, a scene slowly builds I as try out lighting and poses.. I'm actually working my way to my project but there is so much to learn to get to the actual story-telling.

The first is a space one. The outfit is M3 Privateer. The chest buckles distort so a non-frontal pose works, or I could dial down the bosom, but this was a test of how much it could go. The texture was recolored in diffuse. Hair is Gloria, and the "space crafts" are mine.

The second one uses the forest tree trunks I learned and the feather mask for M4 not V4. The dress is Amaree and the shawl is the feather shawl from Rdna. I particularly liked the leaf shadows falling on her face. I guess the trunk texture is a bit harsh but I kind of liked the way the feathers and trunks sort of merge, maybe that's just in my imagination.

The third one is my latest. I was really trying to make "Mayan" looking garments. Basically being a square loose woven blouse and skirt. The shirt is Picaro for M4, the sash is from M3, the skirt is Urban Chic. I made the textures in PSP to look woven/embroidered. The sandals are M3 Tribal. Bectel braids for hair. I made the pots in Hexagon. Can't remember how, LOL! Some how the alto plano suggested itself to me. I didn't have any reference pics so its just a sketch. The houses use FranontheEdge roof tiles.
    Hope you enjoy these

edited. For some reason the images posted next to each other so I will post each separately

GloriaPrivateer.jpg
    800 x 425 - 59K
    Post edited by IceScribe on
    edited December 1969

here is the forest girl mentioned in post above

FeatherShawlV3.jpg
    800 x 547 - 73K
    edited December 1969

here is the high plateau girl mentioned in post above

GirlPlateau.jpg
    978 x 562 - 75K
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Another attempt at droplets.

Applying different refractive indexes to each droplet - other than the standard for water (Bryce equivalent = 133) - was useful. As lighter skies give ‘washed-out’ droplets, a darker one suited better. The leaf here (used as a mat) was taken from the Damon Hart-Davis gallery. A rough bump map from it was created, too; in which the mat representation was then overlaid upon.

Jay

leafdrop.jpg
    1733 x 860 - 2M
  • kiwi_ggkiwi_gg Posts: 198
    edited December 1969

Nice water droplets Jay.

Cheers
    GG

edited December 1969

OK, so I have been messing around with this scene. 1st pic I just altered the lighting a bit in P/shop, 2nd one was completely rendered again using premium settings which took 4eva (19 hrs +).
    Sooo it,s up to you folks to decide which image goes to my gallery.

Cheers
    GG

Bull-Roundup-3e.jpg
    1754 x 881 - 499K
    Bringing-Home-the-Bulls-a.jpg
    1754 x 881 - 415K
  • Dan WhitesideDan Whiteside Posts: 497
    edited December 1969

As always this thread has some great work! I've really enjoyed it. I wonder when David B. sleeps though (LOL).

This was my entry in the Renderosity Bryce challenge, "Damage". I began this with experimenting with negative terrains and rocks to "damage" primitives and then mixed the results into a scene. Then tried to create some damaged looking procedural textures.
    Added a Volumetric sky, some Abaro trees, some instanced grasses from the included Bryce content and a Genesis figure.
    Illumination comes form the Sun and Use Sky IBL
    Rendered at 64RPP - took about 3 and 1/2 hours.
    Credits:
    Genesis female - DAZ
    Casual 1950's outfit - Ravenhair
    Sandy Hair - Goldtassel

damage.jpg
    800 x 800 - 334K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

kiwi_gg said:
    Sooo it,s up to you folks to decide which image goes to my gallery.

Cheers
    GG

This one. :cheese:

PS: I hope you don't mind, I'm not making fun of you, it's just that your scene is set really really great but it's waaaay too dark.

Cattle-Drive.jpg
    1754 x 881 - 376K
  • Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited December 1969

I had word today (well that was yesterday now) that it's OK to post these packs I've been working on all week.

These were just rough visuals to show to client, but if he's running ads for them before production (which usually happens), I'm all set to go with a good(ish) photorealistic render as these models I've made are detailed enough to pass.

Tapes-Full-Group-Grainy.jpg
    800 x 620 - 369K
    Bonding-Tape-Set-High.jpg
    800 x 620 - 150K
    edited December 1969

@Savage, I put those up just before I had to go out. Have just had a look and that is not what I uploaded cos they sure as hell don't look like that on my comp. Need to check this out.

Cheers
    GG

edited December 1969

@Savage, must say I love your work. Ok, I logged in on the home comp and accessed the images, result, probably what you are seeing, really dark and unacceptable. Logged in on laptop from where images were uploaded and went to the images, expanded them and they are exactly as they should appear. What is going on here?????. One thing that I can try is transfer the files to the home PC and re upload from there to see if the problem is at my end or the Daz site.

Cheers
    GG

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited December 1969

Horo, interesting, interesting and interestingly quick!

Silverdali, great render, if you did this in glowing neon it would also pass for a Tron-esque scene.

IceScribe, the genesis figure render looks really good. The harsh lighting suits it very well. The second image I think maybe would benefit from a little more fill light. In the third, for some reason, the pots look almost as big as the houses in the background. Which in turn makes the mountains look rather like hillocks.

Jay, fantastic render of the droplets on the leaves.

GG, they look dark on my monitor too, although I prefer the one with the bluer hues... Maybe you need to calibrate your laptop screen?

Dan, what is this thing called "sleep"? Only fooling, I let my CPU do all the hard work. Wonderful render, great control exercised over materials and lighting, your trademarks certainly. The figure looks very natural - something I've yet to achieve.

Dave, yes your version of GG's render looks much better on my monitor. The product shots look excellent too. I like the synchronism between your Buffalo tape and GG's render. My only criticism is the DOF in the top render is a little bit "uncomfortable" for viewing. Just slightly out of kilter for some reason.

Here's what the computer was doing last evening while I was watching Al Murray http://al-murray.com/ at the Embassy in Skegness.

Obscure_glow_and_figure1.jpg
    567 x 850 - 147K
This discussion has been closed.