Unable to add keyframes or poses

village_residuumvillage_residuum Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

For some reason my frames in my animation get cut off at 7000. My animation is 14881. Is there a limit to how many poses I can put on the timeline? I need the animation to be this long because it is the length of a soundtrack I am using. The body moves around really slowly in different poses through the entire thing. But now I cant figure out why it gets hung up at 7000 frames. I cant add a new key frame. The yellow triangle slider vanishes when it hits just a little over 7000.

Can anyone help?

Screen_Shot_2012-10-15_at_11.09_.05_PM_.png
1920 x 996 - 219K

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Your animation is far too long to do in one go in my opinion, but I'm sure someone who does animation can help more.

Most people split it up and compose it together in another software package when finished.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

As Jimmy C points out,.. having an animation of almost 4 minutes may be interesting to you since you're creating it, ...but,.. to the average viewer, a long (multiple minutes) "single camera" shot, with no cut's or edits can either be a slow tension builder in a thriller / horror, or..completely boring.

Using different camera positions to view the action from a different perspective, adds interest to the action.

that's why music videos have a cut every second, (sometimes several different shots in a single second) and a "long sequence" is three or four seconds without a cut or change.

make much shorter clips.
    render as named image "Sequences".
    Composite all of those sequences, and the final soundtrack together,... in a video editor.

Hope it helps :)

• village_residuumvillage_residuum Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you. Yeah I started going back and splitting up everything. I think I am going to use after effects with png image sequence.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

It's much easier to deal with sequences images, and if your program crashes during rendering or there's some other issue you didn't notice until it;'s rendered, then it's easy to go back and re render a frame or a section of a sequence to replace it.
    the other advantage is that you retain high image quality into the video editor, since you're not compressing the images in a video file first.

Using AE will also give you more compositing options, as well as more export options.

• village_residuumvillage_residuum Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you so much! Your suggestions are working and I am not pulling my hair out anymore.