Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
edited October 2012 in The Commons

SInce I keep getting, "Cannot submit at this time errors."

Edited to add: Finally! Does work.

Post edited by Knight22179 on

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Are you getting the "Unable to receive your submission at this time" error ?

It may sound silly, but if you alter your post a little it will actually post. sometimes it is as simple as removing the punctuation, sometimes it needs an added word or too.

We surmise that it is some form of built in spam filter, that will not allow some posts because they have either been posted several times before or they meet some other spam criteria,

• Knight22179Knight22179 Posts: 1,195
    edited December 1969

Yeah, I was getting that error.

I was just wanting to submit two words. Maybe my post wasn't long enough. Thanks Chohole. ;)

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

I was just wanting to submit two words. Maybe my post wasn't long enough. Thanks Chohole. ;)

No, it WAS long enough. But you have most likely already posted such post in this forum and the spam filter won´t allow you to post another message identical to the first one. I was getting such error messages when I wanted to thank someone, saying simply "Thank you".

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,722
    edited December 1969

No, it WAS long enough. But you have most likely already posted such post in this forum and the spam filter won´t allow you to post another message identical to the first one. I was getting such error messages when I wanted to thank someone, saying simply "Thank you".

That filter needs some improvement as "Thank you" and many similar phrases are being repeated again and again in most forums.

I rarely see the problem as I usually quote the post I reply to, so people can actually see what I'm replying to (not always obvious if you don't, especially not if others have posted after the post you reply to).