Full body morph

info_1cbc131345info_1cbc131345 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Come si crea un full body morph in Daz studio 4?

Comments

• edited October 2012

Is this the same Arduino that made the Good, Bad, and Ugly Cowboy characters for M3? I would love to see those as Genesis Morphs.

There are guides available for creating morphs, such as the one at http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/userguide/creating_content/modeling/tutorials/pbms/start, and several on YouTube. I can't remember any in Italian, though. If you are looking to update some of your Gen3 characters to Gen5, then you can't beat D3D's GenX plugin with the Gen3 addons.

Post edited by AndYourLittleDogToo on
  • info_1cbc131345info_1cbc131345 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Yes is me, but I don't understand anything of DazStudio 4 and geneses... SIG!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,725
    edited December 1969

Unlike Poser, the DAZ Studio Morph loader can load the whole mesh at one go - and in the case of Genesis it must because the mesh all belongs to the root, the Body in Poser terms, rather than to the individual body parts.

Or do you mean you want to spawn a master dial from a series of other dials? In that case you want ERC Freeze... from the Property Editor's menu - click the button in the top corner of the pane, or right-click on the pane's tab. At the top you need to select

your figure
    the bone with the control property
    the control property itself

then in the bottom area you select all the properties you want slaved to the master property - if you had the figure set with just the things you want to control off their dfault values that should already be done.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

Also, what modeller are you using? If you use ZBrush, it really is INCREDIBLY easy with the GoZ bridge.

I have a link to a tutorial in my signature on making a full body morphs which you may find helpful. In iot, I use Hexagon but I have a section following it on using ZBrush as well in the second post of that thread.

edited December 1969

I use lightwave 10 modeler

edited October 2012

Double post

Post edited by RKane_1 on
    edited December 1969

arduino said:
    I use lightwave 10 modeler

I wish I was more help on that but I have not used Lightwave.

Exporting to and from DAZ are your only real hurdles and frankly Morph Loader Pro will take care of the importing once you have saved your modified Genesis in .OBJ format.

The crucial thing to remember is once you are in your modeller, it is okay to move the vertices around but fo not add or subtract any vertices or it will noy work as a morph in DAZ.

Once you have it back in DAZ then the tutorial in my sig will help you with the morph including auto-rigging if it is an extreme morph.

Happy modelling and morphing and let me know if you have any questions.

edited December 1969

Thank you for your reply.
    (Sorry My English)
    My problem is not to build the morph, but to create a Full body morph IN daz STUDIO that includes a morph prop.
    As example, in poser I can create a full body morph that changes a figure group and this full body morph also changes simultaneously a parent prop of the same figure.
    It seems that in D.S I have to use the whole figure to do a simple morph of a finger, and I don't understand whether to build a full body morph that also uses some parents props of this figure.
    It is possible to do this?
    Does exist a tutorial that can help me ?
    (Thank for you patience)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,725
    edited December 1969

If you want to create a morph it's simplest to use the whole figure mesh - the importer won't create deltas for bones that don't change when working on a legacy figure (one that is not Genesis). Having a parented prop adjust with a morph is trickier.

edited December 1969

Arduino, are you intending to make a proper that attaches to the figure? If so, this is called Geo-Grafting and is for tails and wings and things attached like that?

Are you intending to make an item of clothing or armor and need it to change with the shape of Genesis? This is just conforming clothing.

Am I getting close to what you want?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:

Arduino's page is over 18 ...

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    RKane_1 said:

Arduino's page is over 18 ...

And....?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited October 2012

That means I bet you are right with geografting - just that it won't be a tail attached to the back of the hip, more likely it is something in front of the hip. ;)

Post edited by Kerya on
    edited December 1969

Now now. Let us not be presumptuous. This is also the Arduino who has a great Western set of morphs and clothes perfect for spaghettii westerns.

• OdaaOdaa Posts: 1,548
    edited December 1969

RKane_1 said:
    Now now. Let us not be presumptuous. This is also the Arduino who has a great Western set of morphs and clothes perfect for spaghettii westerns.

Yeah, when arduino mentioned a finger morph my first reaction was "...like Lee Van Cleef?" :)