July 2016 New User 3D Art Contest “Portrait Rendering” – WIP Thread

1141516171820»

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

I can confirm that there will be an August contest. It should be up within a day or two.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

usually the next months contest starts after the judging is done on the current month contest.  At least that seems to be the way its been working.  So probably in a couple of days.

• dawnbladedawnblade Posts: 1,723
    edited August 2016

Sounds great barbult and Ice Dragon Art! Thanks!

Post edited by dawnblade on
  • HollokoHolloko Posts: 75
    edited August 2016

I know this contest is done, but I actually had some time tonight (of course AFTER the contest closes) to at least mess around with some different background ideas for my render. I like this result much better and decided to post it here for fun. I still haven't taken the time to mess with eyebrows, however. Maybe tomorrow!

john carter 4.jpg
    1920 x 1536 - 1M
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited August 2016
    Holloko said:

I know this contest is done, but I actually had some time tonight (of course AFTER the contest closes) to at least mess around with some different background ideas for my render. I like this result much better and decided to post it here for fun. I still haven't taken the time to mess with eyebrows, however. Maybe tomorrow!

Makes the characters look much better.

• Kismet2012Kismet2012 Posts: 4,252
    edited August 2016
    Holloko said:

Backgrounds can make a huge difference.  This one definitely works.  Thank you for sharing.

Holloko said:

Story of my life lol.  This looks really really good!

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Your very welcome @dawnblade!

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

For anyone interested, this is what my guy would have looked like if I hadn't run out of time. Still not completely happy with the area around the navel, but this is as good as it will get, especially now when the contest is over.

• SaphirewildSaphirewild Posts: 6,653

Well I think you did a great job on him Isidorn!!!

Love it Isidorn!

• isidornisidorn Posts: 1,601

Thanks! I'm glad you like him.