How to mirror hand pose?

mikekmikek Posts: 192

I would like to mirror on my genesis 3 figure the right hand (+finger) pose to the left hand. From what I read the symmetry function is supposed to do this. My approach is to select the "Right Hand" node and use the symmetry dialogue with these settings: http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/artzone/pub/software/symmetry/start

It will move the fingers of the other hand a little bit but the result isn't even close to the original pose.

It is the same using these settings: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/art/Basic-Symmetry-in-Studio-swapping-Hand-poses-343446891
Is this an issue with genesis 3?

Comments

• Symmetry doesn't work on pose controls, which may well be being used for the hand pose. There is a Bake to Transforms command to bake pose controls to local transforms, which Symmetry will see, in the Edit>Figure menu (and the parameters pane option menu), shortcut shift-B.

• mikekmikek Posts: 192

There is a Bake to Transforms command to bake pose controls to local transforms, which Symmetry will see, in the Edit>Figure menu (and the parameters pane option menu), shortcut shift-B.

Ok that works, thank you.

• wow~ good~

thank you

• Symmetry doesn't work on pose controls, which may well be being used for the hand pose. There is a Bake to Transforms command to bake pose controls to local transforms, which Symmetry will see, in the Edit>Figure menu (and the parameters pane option menu), shortcut shift-B.

It works, thanks :)

• dream-weaverdream-weaver Posts: 96
    edited January 2020

Didn't work for me.
    Wanted to copy the left hand pose to the right hand

- Shift + B
    - Nodes: Selected (the left hand is selected)
    - I did not touch anything else in the Bake to transform window

After pressing accept, the right hand didn't do anything.
    Under property control I tried setting it to left hand and also to right hand. But nothing happened either.

Post edited by dream-weaver on
  • Didn't work for me.
    Wanted to copy the left hand pose to the right hand

- Shift + B
    - Nodes: Selected (the left hand is selected)
    - I did not touch anything else in the Bake to transform window

After pressing accept, the right hand didn't do anything.
    Under property control I tried setting it to left hand and also to right hand. But nothing happened either.

So you baked the hand controllers on the hand, and didn't have any set on the figure, and then tried mirroring the pose (or making symmetric from left to right) using the Symmetry command and nothing happened? Or did the wrong thing happen?

• Nothing happened.

What options do I have to set in the Bake to transform window?
    Before pressing shift + B, do I have to select the hand to copy from or the hand I would like to get the copy on to?

• Nothing happened.

What options do I have to set in the Bake to transform window?
    Before pressing shift + B, do I have to select the hand to copy from or the hand I would like to get the copy on to?

So you aren't using the Symmetry command? That is what does the mirroring/exchanging - the Bake command is to make sure that the transforms are applied in a way that the Symmetry command can handle.

• Ah, thanks. Got it.