Released: HDRI optimized Skin & Hair Shaders [Commercial]

ToleroTolero Posts: 34

More realistic Skin & Hair shading on IBL Renders (HDRI's)

First developed for personal use, because I was never really sadisfied with the standard Iray Skin behaviour in Iray.
Also when I used older Hairs in Iray, I get flat and dry results. Sounds familiar?
After tweaking and testing for days and excited by the results, I have decided to make it avaiable to everyone and have setup my first Daz Product.
As I render these days only with Iray, these Presets are in all of my renders present and I don't do one without them.
One single click and I'm done. Perfect skin on the fingertips.
For all who have already downloaded the Shaders and Materials, thank you very much for your support in buying the Product!
And don't forget to select the Surface Tab and the Hair Component first, before applying the Hair Shaders.
I trapped myself often in the behaviour, just clicking the presets without selecting the Surfaces in the Surface Tab and wondering, why the hell
the Preset doesn't work laugh.
The Skin Presets are Materials without Textures in it, so just select your Figure and double click the appropriate Preset and you're done.

Cheers Tolero

http://www.daz3d.com/hdri-optimized-skin-hair-shaders

Title

BodyHair
http://www.daz3d.com/hdri-optimized-skin-hair-shaders

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• ANGELREAPER1972ANGELREAPER1972 Posts: 4,413

I liked the look of the promos you had that showed the 4 ladies on the beach without using your product then with your product low, medium, high that's what sold it for me seeing that 

• ToleroTolero Posts: 34
    edited June 2016

Ok, thanks for the hint and purchase. you mean that here?

Beach

yes as it shows the differance with and without your product

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

this looks most useful!  Really like the results on the skin.  Have added to the wishlist for payday...

Glad to see it works also on artifical Lights in your case laugh. As the names implies, these prests are primarily meant to be used with HDRI lighting.

But if the lightsources (lightplanes or so) are visible, it will do the job.

I'm working now on a dirt Layer Texture and have done a Testrender also only with artifical lights, but have to crank up the emissive energy a lot. I guess 900000 Lumen/cm or so.

The Light  (Plane with emissive Material) in the back is also present in front from where the camera is targeting from (behind the cam) as a instance Node. I rendered first with lower Energy (90000) and there wasn't 

much Reflections visible on the Skin. But 900'000 does the job. ( Don't take these values as fact, i guess only it was in that relation )

bdirtR.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 738K

A short Tip for all who are using the Shaders, try to experiment and use the Hairshaders on glossy cloths like swimsuits ect... This could give

a nice Effect. Works best on brighter colors on cloth. The Material get's a little darken and so, on darker colors this effect is more obvious then on brighter.

Left Girls has the "very low Preset" applyied, right standard Material.

Bech cloth

Beach cloth.jpg
    769 x 1000 - 664K
    edited June 2016

never thought of using a dirt one but looking at it maybe could find use and grease/oil one 

that last bathing suit one you did you added you shine to bathers? interesting good idea as there are some clothing tops, bathers, leotards, sports shorts that are made from materials that have a shine to them have to try that below nother render indoor lights used

http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/164796/

Made with...

If I got your question right, yes both of the girls have a shine applyied to the skin. Only the right swimsuit is standard material.

• CZCZ Posts: 160

I love this shaders. Esecially the hair shaders. Even in cases I don't use HDRI lightning, these make the hair look so real. It gives something like a deep scattering effect, that makes beautiful realistic and shiny hair. Never got this effect with any other shaders. And the best of all, I can apply it over whatever hairshader and color I like. So for me now I can skip the time consuming postwork on smothing and repaintig the hair.

Thanks for your very positive feedback! Glad to hear that the shaders works best for you :-)...

I don't have tested much without HDRI, so your experience is very interesting to know...

• SOLD!

edited October 2017

Just one comparison of Kimmy Hair with UHT2 Hair shader which allows to make those wonderful custom haircolors with the color mixer on the left picture. The right pic was made with the HDRI optimized hair shader 'very low' applied over the custom hair color. To me this seems like the perfect combination to bring out the most beautiful and realistic hair without any postwork. Thanks so much for providing these shaders. :)
    Edit: Here I used only HDRI lightning, but the result are quit the same, if I use scene lights.

001HairUHT.png
    2000 x 1000 - 3M
    edited October 2017

One more pic with the one added at the right. This ist the tile10x10 apllied. That makes everything softer and even more realistic from my point of view.

001HairUHT.png
    3000 x 1000 - 4M
  • PiyoPiyo Posts: 0

I bought this product on 4 May, 2017. When apply HDRI optimized Skin & Hair Shaders to Genesis 3 Female, It does not seem to work. I feel like gloss does not come out. What should I do ?
    I appreciate your cooperation on this.

Made With:

• Genesis 3 Starter Essentials(Genesis 3 Female, Toulouse Hair, Top, Underwear)
    • iRadiance - HDRI Variety Pack One(DTHDR-MauiC)

Please forgive me my lousy English!

Please refer to the following image :

02_.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 337K
    Default_0001_01_.jpg
    916 x 881 - 241K
    Default_0001_02_.jpg
    916 x 881 - 256K
  • lamiamoonwinglamiamoonwing Posts: 1
    edited October 2017

Hi! I don't understand something: the body face ect work well..but nothing change on the arm, and that create a weird difference as you can see.

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=755362renderexemple.png

Post edited by lamiamoonwing on

Hi! I don't understand something: the body face ect work well..but nothing change on the arm, and that create a weird difference as you can see.

https://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=755362renderexemple.png

I will check that, see personal email i send to you.