Clothing Movement

Kilandra30Kilandra30 Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I tried to find this via search but must not know what to type in to find it.

Anyway, in daz4, clothing is fit to the body now, and is supposed to move correctly with posing the model. How do I get the clothing movements back that it had before Genesis (daz3) ? Like... if I want a skirt that had the bones to appear to be blowing in the wind, but now I have no movement options at all for the clothing, how do I get them back? I hope I have explained well enough what it is I'm looking for. Thank you for the help!

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

DAZ Studio 4.5 retains morphs when a piece of clothing is AutoFit to Genesis, but there isn't (currently) a way to preserve custom bones.

• RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Just was looking an answer for this also . I bought many models and clothing for Victoria 4.2 but when I pose Victoria to sit the clothing will not fit

I think the only solution is to buy the Genesis Generation X

I wish there was some discount on it , I missed the sale price it had last month .

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

GenerationX is for transferring morphs from an older human figure to a newer - it won't do anything for clothes, especially if you use DS 4.5 where morphs are preserved anyway. In any event, a skirt should fit a sitting Genesis - the main issue with AutoFit is that it makes skirts and the like cling to the legs, more like a pair of trousers, rather than being independently adjustable.

• RedHeadLilithRedHeadLilith Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

sorry I didn't read her question correctly , my bad .