I bought stonemason's urban sprawl 3 to get into poser

but it's not easy.  the road comes in without a texture.  I can texture it but I can't get the line markings.

Love esther

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

Carrara users are having the same problem ... http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/1297986/#Comment_1297986

• NagraNagra Posts: 99
    esther said:

but it's not easy.  the road comes in without a texture.  I can texture it but I can't get the line markings.

Love esther

Go to the official SM Poser forum and look for a thread with the word "Wars" in the title. There you can find a shader that i uploaded for Poser.

• estheresther Posts: 618

That worked beautifully.  thanks so much.  great news.  did you make any other changes to the scene after import into poser?

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,151

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/86536/urban-sprawl-3-it-s-here-in-the-store-no-really-go-see-commercial#latest ;

Always best to ask in the official thread since Stonemason monitors it and may miss other threads.

esther said:

That worked beautifully.  thanks so much.  great news.  did you make any other changes to the scene after import into poser?

Glade you like it:) Please note, i made this shader within 2-3 minutes and Posers powerful material room offers plenty of possibilities for improvements.

Yes i made more modifications as everything you import with DSON does need tweaking to get a decent quality. But i will not post any additional hints. Stonemason decided to not support Poser anymore and thats in the end a business decision. So why should i provide any support that may give him any extra revenue? Please ask the vendor he already took your money.

• WandWWandW Posts: 2,801

Great info!  Thanx, Esther! heart

Nagar - I don't think your addons would make a difference to his revenue or somehow punish him for not supporting poser anymore.  We all like the set and it sort of works enough to be useful in poser, so those who want it will buy it anyway, like I did.  I know how you feel, I am very disappointed about this too, but we have to make the best of it, and I so much appreciate the mat file you made, and anymore things that you make to enhance the set would really be appreciated.  My email is [email protected] if you do change your mind and share some more nice things.  For me personally, I don't need perfect as I am making a comic and I toon everything anyway.  By the way, there are some funny black marks on the buildings.  These go away if you go into the properties for the object (the tab on the right of the parameters window), turn smoothing value down to zero (turning it off doesn't fix the problem, you have to set the value to zero)

Love esther

Sorry misspelt your name Nagra - it was the predictive text on my iPad.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,962

Yes sadly he no longer even has Poser installed, I use Poser versions in Carrara and need to jump through a few hoops to get DS ones wirking too, one reason I am in no rush to buy this big set, will take a fair bit of tweaking.

Is the market apparently, vendors say only DS stuff sells and I guess they know.

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,640

DS only sells well here ... its what they push ... but even Rendo is going more and more Genesis based

has anyone had success in getting Stonemason's Urban Sprawl 3 into Poser?
    Or Chinatown. 

so how did you get it into Poser at all?

I used the D3D script and then nagra's shader to fix the road.  It came in fine apart from a few trees.

esther said:

I used the D3D script and then nagra's shader to fix the road.  It came in fine apart from a few trees.

What is the D3D script?

• daveso said:
    esther said:

What is the D3D script?

A script that passes a file to the DSON Importer via a browser, instead of needing a companion file http://d3d.sesseler.de/index.php?software=poserpython&product=dson_loader

I bought the brownstone set frm stonemason but this time I am not getting any luck with the D3D script.

esther said:

I bought the brownstone set frm stonemason but this time I am not getting any luck with the D3D script.

Yet another synonym, really? What kind of problems did you run into?

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    esther said:

What is the brownstone set?