Material Preset Saves

Is there any way to mass save material presets for a item in Daz Studio? Exampe: You have a shoe and you make its heel pink. You then save that as a material preset. However, you need to make other parts of the shoe pink as well such as a buckle or insole. Normally to do this you need to make seperate material preset saves for each. Is there any way to just literally make the shoe one color and have multiple material presets done in one save?

Comments

• A Materials Preset saves all the properties for all the surfaces on a selected item by default, and applies the properties en masse to the named surfaces on the selected item9s) (you can use the options dialogue to exclude certain surfaces or properties from the save if desired). It's a shader preset that saves only one surface's properties, and is then applied to all selected surfaces on all selected items when used.

• Yes, that much I do know. However, if I was to save a material pose for a shoe that had 5 different parts (heel, sole, etc) then once it is saved and used it will load all those textures etc on all 5 parts. What I am asking is it possible to somehow save a material presets that could auto split the parts to different parts. Here is a detailed example

Leather Glove prop has 3 material parts.

Part 1: Left side of the glove

Part 2: Right side of the glove

Part 3: Strap on the glove

All three parts could have a blue leather material applied and saved. However, that saves the blue leather for ALL 3 Parts and not Separte 3 Parts. So whenever that material is applied the entire glove turns to blue leather. Now you could save the blue leather mat preset out 3 different times for the left, right, and strap part of the glove but that is the problem. Doing that on props that have many material presets could become time consuming. Such as all 3 parts of the glove have 15 different leather colors. Therefore 15 x 3 = 45 Material Presets. Is there any way to still save many material presets faster?

Can they be saved in one then split up to the different parts? Is there some plugin to save them quickly to different parts super fast?

I'm up for anything because I would like to provide 10-15 different material presets to 10 different parts of an object for a very customizable object.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

If you press the Ctrl key (in Windows) and then apply a material preset.  You'll get an pop up window to apply all surfaces or only the ones selected.

• Lindsey said:

If you press the Ctrl key (in Windows) and then apply a material preset.  You'll get an pop up window to apply all surfaces or only the ones selected.

Thank You!!! That is a life saver to me. I never knew an option like this existed in Daz Studio.

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,985

Actually I didn't know it existed either.  When I saw your post, Pose Presets have an Ctrl option, so I just tried it with a Material Preset and a Ctrl option popped up for them too!

• Most presets have a "control freak" option, where you hold the ctrl(Win)/cmd(Mac) key down while launching the preset to get an option dialogue.

• ArtisanSArtisanS Posts: 209

Me control freak anyway so thanx (will try to remember it).

• MythmakerMythmaker Posts: 606

Thanks for the CTRL click tips!

And I can't believe I thought Material Preset is only compatible with exact same geometry with the same surface selection sets!

Turns out Mat Presets are more flexible than I thought!

Theoretically I can apply a multi-mat-zone ballet dress mat preset onto a cat with the same surface names !!?

Why no-one told me this very important thing, huh????