How do I convert things to weightmapped figures ?

jayburn00jayburn00 Posts: 19
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hi, I was trying to save a character I created as a character preset, but it wouldn't let me, saying that I needed to convert it to a TriAx weightmapped figure or something along those lines. However, even though I found the options for converting something to triax weightmap or other weight map, I can't figure out how to use them. I have my character selected, and I click the convert to button, but it doesn't do anything. What am I doing wrong?

Comments

• BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,846
    edited December 1969

What it means is your trying to save a DUF format preset with a Poser figure, your better off either saving the character as a DUF scene or using the old DSA preset format (File > Save as > Depreciated).

While you can convert a Poser figure to TriAx it's not advisable, they don't bend any better (in some cases worse), you need to inject all of the morphs into it before hand, because once it's converted and saved as a figure INJections no longer work, all of your clothing/hair will have to be converted and without support files autofit or TU will use the crappy WM in the figure, all in all a hell of a lot of work.

• DAZ_bfurnerDAZ_bfurner Posts: 62
    edited December 1969

There are also other docs that you can view and learn about converting for poser.

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dson_importer/poser/userguide/start