The Ultimate Super-Hero Freebie List!

Comments

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited October 2017

Thought I'd share some quick WIP mockups with you all.  These were all made with Smay's Super Hero suit and except the lanterns all use 6and6's awesome free helmet and mask!  As you can see I am on a serious Superhero kick right now.  Creating lots of preset characters to use later.  I did a lot of texture work on the Captain America one, so that has inspired me to rework Deadpool and maybe the Lantern ones too.  We'll see what I can come up with to modify the suit more and make them my own.

FYI - I am struggling to get a Spidey mask for G2M to work and the necessary bits for a Wolverine costume.  Would love to tackle those two next.  I downloaded JoeQuick's Spidey mask but can not for the life of me figure out how to get the textures to work on G2m.  I saw some really awesome Spidey renders on Deviant including a G2M one.  They cited JQs Spidey mask was used.  So somehow they got it to fit despite it being designed for M4.

Thanks

Deadpool_mockup.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 313K
    Dare Devil_mockup.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 310K
    Lanterns_mockup.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 360K
    Deadshot mockup.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 301K
    The Flash mockup.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 345K
    Captain mockup.jpg
    700 x 1000 - 322K
    Post edited by Geminii23 on

Anyone know if there is a prop that can serve as webbing for Spider-Man.  I see a lot of renders with him shooting webs or hanging from one, and wasn't sure if these were made just in Photoshop or is there is an actual 3D prop that can work.

Thanks!

• Gemini,

I've never found one. There are some web props, https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/spider-web-3d/101617/ and https://www.daz3d.com/orestes-cobwebs, but not web lines.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,532
    edited November 2017
    Geminii23 said:

Anyone know if there is a prop that can serve as webbing for Spider-Man.  I see a lot of renders with him shooting webs or hanging from one, and wasn't sure if these were made just in Photoshop or is there is an actual 3D prop that can work.

Thanks!

I found a free Manga Studio brush for that but no props.

Post edited by tkdrobert on

Thanks guys.  Was hoping to do most majority of a Spider-Man render inside DAZ, but if everyone is doing those webs in Photoshop or Manga, then that's the way I have to go with it.  I do have both apps.  

Also, I was thinking about making my own Rogue character since Smay's SHS for G2F is pretty much spot on with the style and colors right out of the box.  But I can not find a good belt, jacket, head band or hairstyle (with grey streak) in my entire library of like 2000+ products.  LOL.  Any ideas on those items?  Not necessarly freebies, but also not looking to break the bank to make one character.

Lastly, since Hellboy just came out for Injustice, I am feeling inspired to try and kitbash him together to make a picture for my sons.

Thanks!

Geminii23 said:

Thanks guys.  Was hoping to do most majority of a Spider-Man render inside DAZ, but if everyone is doing those webs in Photoshop or Manga, then that's the way I have to go with it.  I do have both apps.  

Also, I was thinking about making my own Rogue character since Smay's SHS for G2F is pretty much spot on with the style and colors right out of the box.  But I can not find a good belt, jacket, head band or hairstyle (with grey streak) in my entire library of like 2000+ products.  LOL.  Any ideas on those items?  Not necessarly freebies, but also not looking to break the bank to make one character.

Lastly, since Hellboy just came out for Injustice, I am feeling inspired to try and kitbash him together to make a picture for my sons.

Thanks!

Most of the free stuff I've seen for Rogue have been for V4.

I rally

Geminii23 said:

Thought I'd share some quick WIP mockups with you all.  These were all made with Smay's Super Hero suit and except the lanterns all use 6and6's awesome free helmet and mask!  As you can see I am on a serious Superhero kick right now.  Creating lots of preset characters to use later.  I did a lot of texture work on the Captain America one, so that has inspired me to rework Deadpool and maybe the Lantern ones too.  We'll see what I can come up with to modify the suit more and make them my own.

FYI - I am struggling to get a Spidey mask for G2M to work and the necessary bits for a Wolverine costume.  Would love to tackle those two next.  I downloaded JoeQuick's Spidey mask but can not for the life of me figure out how to get the textures to work on G2m.  I saw some really awesome Spidey renders on Deviant including a G2M one.  They cited JQs Spidey mask was used.  So somehow they got it to fit despite it being designed for M4.

Thanks

These look awesome. heart  Any chance you'd be willing to share? smiley

• BrianP21361BrianP21361 Posts: 791
    edited November 2017

Here's my take at rogue using Smay's SHS for G2F. All the bits and pieces are identified in my gallery. I hope that helps. 

https://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/28775/

rogue-and-mystique_730_auto.png
    730 x 1043 - 1M
    Post edited by BrianP21361 on
  • tkdrobert said:
    Geminii23 said:

Thanks!

Most of the free stuff I've seen for Rogue have been for V4.

If you want Rogue, go for Mylochka's freebies.  He's got a lot of nice (prop-type) hairstyles and has made Rogue presets for many of them, as well as other peoples' hairs.

He also has a number of X-Men and Rogue-specific "second-skin" textures for V4 and V3.

https://www10.sharecg.com/search/index.php?ps=15&q=mylochka+++rogue&ps=15&m=bool&wm=wrd 

I keep trying to rock Cable.  This is the best so far but I'm still not 100% satisfied.

Cable II by tkdrobert

• GregoriusGregorius Posts: 397
    edited November 2017

Here are a couple of my own making for anyone interested in rendering Superman, or at least a pre-New-52 Superman.  I aimed overall for a very generic version, not wholly based on any single incarnation or continuity (what you might call the "classic" look), though I did use Christopher Reeve as the face model simply because he's become more-or-less the quintessential live-action face of the character.

Christopher Reeve face morph for Genesis 8 Male

Superman textures and Poser SuperFly shaders for the Genesis Supersuit (transferrable to G8M via AutoFit)

Superman5.jpg
    900 x 900 - 237K
    Post edited by Gregorius on
  • Anyone seen any good Hulk skins, possibly for Freak 5 or other models? Or a Bruce Banner skin. Or is everyone just playing with the color to get the green skin?

• Also, what do you all find the best way to install third-party files like this is? I've been moving the files to the main daz file directory/traditional workaround. Is there a way to use DAZ File Manager for third party items?

Anyone seen any good Hulk skins, possibly for Freak 5 or other models? Or a Bruce Banner skin. Or is everyone just playing with the color to get the green skin?

Mr. Hyde for Genesis has green and red skin, but they are not IRAY.  You can convert them though.  I do cartoon versions of the Hulk and I use Visual Style Shaders in 3Delight.

• tkdrobert said:

I keep trying to rock Cable.  This is the best so far but I'm still not 100% satisfied.

Cable II by tkdrobert

You inspired me to give it a go at my own take on Cable.

Cable.jpg
    947 x 908 - 654K
  • CriosCrios Posts: 2,671
    edited December 2017

What shader have you've used for this toon effect?

Post edited by Crios on
  • tkdrobert said:

Anyone seen any good Hulk skins, possibly for Freak 5 or other models? Or a Bruce Banner skin. Or is everyone just playing with the color to get the green skin?

Mr. Hyde for Genesis has green and red skin, but they are not IRAY.  You can convert them though.  I do cartoon versions of the Hulk and I use Visual Style Shaders in 3Delight.

Thank you my good man! I'm pretty sure I just grabbed Mr. Hyde yesterday. Thanks for the tips. 

JesterVII said:
    tkdrobert said:

Cable II by tkdrobert

good job

• tkdrobert said:
    JesterVII said:
    tkdrobert said:

Cable II by tkdrobert

good job

Thank you

• I’d love to find a ghost rider or any mighty crusaders characters. Anyone seen them around?

• Also, if anyone can offer some tips on where I should copy/install the textures from the freebie list, it would be appreciated. A lot of the zip files just have loose files, no folders. Where do I install a textuire? Runtime? People? Data?

• I managed to make this Hulk. Tried to save him as a character and found out I only had his hair selected when saved. Ugh. Live and learn. I'll rebuild him tomorrow. LOL https://www.dropbox.com/s/tlmctlsomnj47cy/hulk%20ready.png?dl=0

hulk ready.png
    927 x 921 - 630K
  • Crios said:

What shader have you've used for this toon effect?

Likewise, I am also interested in this shader. 

• MandMMandM Posts: 60
    Geminii23 said:

Thanks

@ Gemini

Hey, I'm working in G8F/M, and though I never did find a free bodysuit that fit them, but the morphing headmask did work for me - as just a prop, but rescales in all directions and the morphs work.  This is the set I'm working with right now.

Spiderman - 

Mask, Posable, JoeQuick - http://www.sharecg.com/v/41804/gallery/11/Poser/M4-Comic-Style-Mask-and-Textures
    * I got it working in 4.10 for this G8F character by NOT fitting it, but just parenting it to her head node, and scaling from there.  

Hand Toy - http://www.sharecg.com/v/53819/gallery/11/Poser/webb-spinner
    BodySuit - none found - Purchased - https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/files/prod/47101/ ;  that works great
    Textures - Homemade
    Web - free water models... re-textured, stretched.  - which one.... I don't remember

- M

Spidey - Upside down.jpg
    491 x 792 - 329K
  • Playing around with some models and none of my toonz shaders seem to working. Am I miss g something? I  using a Michael 4 model. Would it be a compatibility issue?

Playing around with some models and none of my toonz shaders seem to working. Am I miss g something? I  using a Michael 4 model. Would it be a compatibility issue?

You need to be more specific.  What shaders are you using?  Are you having problems applying them to M4, his cloths, both?

• tkdrobert said:

Playing around with some models and none of my toonz shaders seem to working. Am I miss g something? I  using a Michael 4 model. Would it be a compatibility issue?

You need to be more specific.  What shaders are you using?  Are you having problems applying them to M4, his cloths, both?

The toonz shaders in DAZ. I’ve tried applying to Genesis, M3, M4, F5 and G3 as well as clothing. None of the renders seem to show those shaders.

tkdrobert said:

The toonz shaders in DAZ. I’ve tried applying to Genesis, M3, M4, F5 and G3 as well as clothing. None of the renders seem to show those shaders.

I've only use those on objects.  When you applied the shader to an item, did you have the item highlighted in the Surface tab?

• Yeah, I did, but someone else just told me those shaders only work with certain generation models, so that may be the isue. 

tkdrobert said:
    tkdrobert said:

I've only use those on objects.  When you applied the shader to an item, did you have the item highlighted in the Surface tab?

• Death ZDeath Z Posts: 45

Trying to find a Batman from Justice League movie, the Tactical Suit he wears at the end.