Notification when Wishlist Item(s) on Sale

So I get these emails from Rendo notifying me that an item in my Wishlist is on sale, and it includes a link to that item.  Bingo boingo, I buy it!

Would be nice if DAZ would incoroprate a feature which allowed me to choose which items in my wishlist that I want to be notified for when they went on sale.  

Could be made available to everyone or just PC members.  Why not?  Gotta be better for everyone, including DAZ.

Comments

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

I think they should create a whole app that sends you text notifications for all sales, favorite artists' sales or wish list items on sale LOL! 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,594

As long as they make it easy to turn off. I hate the ones I get from rendo, especially since they also send me ones that are prime offers only and that does not pertain to me and all it does is clog my email. I personally check the websites way more than I check my email.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,890

I'd like a 'filter by biggest sale percent'

• hphoenixhphoenix Posts: 1,335

Yeah, a sort order along that line would be truly useful.  As would the notifications.  (Along with links to readme files on the product pages, an Ecrypted Connect Only icon on the panes in listings, and all the other stuff we've asked for.....)

• nelsonsmithnelsonsmith Posts: 1,325

This would actually be pretty useful.

As it is I tend to check my entire wish list completely before I purchase anything on any give day, and at least once a day in general.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,738

With all this "buy this and get a discount on that" it can be really complex to detect if a wishlist item is discounted and how much, as it can depend on several factors. It can be done with general store discounts though. I wrote a Wishlist Manager app a while ago that can sort the wishlist and show only discounted items according to different criteria, but there didn't seem to be much interest for it (it's not very intuitive to use I guess). It can be downbloaded here if anyone wants to try it:

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/67541/wish-list-manager

The tutorial is outdated but combining it with the into on the forum page it should be possible to figure it out.

• will take a closer look at the wishlist as it would be helpful when i'm looking for something in particular as i have over 600 items on my wishlist here

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

This this this! While filtering by price is nice, I would much rather have a filter by percentage off. 

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited June 2016

Greetings,

Just...to put this out there, I do something like that (filter by percentage off) on http://3dwishlist.com/demo ...

It also allows various searches, AND I have a part (if you sign in) that will email you when your wishlist items go on discount.  As Taozen (the other person building cool tools to interact with the DAZ website!) points out, it's really hard because many times discounts are based on buying something else first.  In those cases, it's impossible for a tool to see the discounts because they're not present until the items are in the cart.

Caveats abound, and I've had some small trouble keeping it current, but it should be mostly up-to-date right now.  (It's a bit slow, as it's processing a lot of new items that I had to kick it to start reading.)

This is why I rely heavily on my 'Wishlistify' bookmarklet, that converts almost any store-view on DAZ's store pages to be filtered by my wishlist.  That way I can click through to a page like 'Hot New Vendors', click the Wishlistify bookmarklet, check the 'Wishlist' checkbox that replaces the 'Only show PC+' checkbox, and then only items that are in that set AND on my wishlist are visible.

Especially in complex sales, this is really almost more helpful than my tool that emails me on 'normal' discounting to wishlist items...

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

keen bookmarklets...thanks!