Why is it forbidden to request for tutorials? why don't we see tutorials at shop here?

creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
edited October 2012 in The Commons

Why is it forbidden to request for tutorials? why don't we see tutorials at shop here?

why keep the people dumb?

why not teach 3d modeling?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

People are responsible for their own education so I don't see how you can place the blame on anyone else. I do see tutorials on the site in the store but there aren't a ton.

This really isn't specifically a place to learn modelling, but at least two of the tutorials sold here are around modelling clothes for Daz characters.

There are other communities dedicated to teaching 3D modelling, this community is mostly about people who want to buy content 3D artist have already created and sell to the public.

You seem to continue going down this path, but I'm not sure why you miss understand the community here. There are plenty of people who share their information, and a lot of it is about modelling.

That isn't Daz's job though.

• KageRyuKageRyu Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Daz3d used to have a large tutorial archive on their old website. It was promised it would be made available again, as it was promised the old forums would remain available in an archive as it had many tutorials on various topics. The tutorials, however, seem to have become extinct, and while there is an archive of the old forums, it was done in such a way as to render the tutorials and much of the useful information in it that relied upon pictures, images, and screen captures utterly useless. These are some of many reasons why so many users are irritated and so many "Goodbye" threads are popping up - despite the propoganda that it's all Poser vs DS to blame.

Additionally, they like keeping users in the dark so that some here can post condescending statements and feel superior. It is unfortunate, but that is the shape of the new Daz3D Forum experience.

There are some great tutorials over at Foundation3D, but mostly for Lightwave.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ah ok :(
    then why is this place called digital art zone?
    if we can not learn "ART" here.

• SickleYieldSickleYield Posts: 7,622
    edited December 1969

It's not forbidden. People are learning and teaching here all the time in threads like this. Usually it's the rigging and setup process for Studio, because 3d Modeling is a HUGE subject and there are a lot of different programs that it happens in. If you want a modeling tutorial, do you want it for C4D? Blender? 3ds Max? Maya? Modo? Whereas if you already have a model to rig for Studio, that's only one program, which makes it much easier.

edited December 1969

It was named in a different time, with different standards, when different activities prevailed here... more of a "Golden Age" if you will.

Lots has been lost since then.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited October 2012

Modeling is just one subset of art. Again many of the customers here are buying 3D art so they don't have to make it themselves. There are tons of discussions on lighting, shaders, camera work etc etc. Those are all art too.

Additionally, they like keeping users in the dark so that some here can post condescending statements and feel superior. It is unfortunate, but that is the shape of the new Daz3D Forum experience.

You keep saying this but I've yet to see an example. I've yet to see anybody oppressing people from learning. The most knowledgeable people here tend to share the most information.

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
    edited December 1969

creativemodelsbe, which software do you use or wish to learn the 3D modeling in? I might be able to scare up a link or two, I can not make gaurantees as there is a lot of software I am unfamiliar with or just not well read on.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 95,997
    edited December 1969

The original assertion of this thread is not correct, and the poster is trying to discuss moderator actions. If someone wishes to know why a post or thread was removed they need to ask the moderation team, not the forums in general. The thread has therefore been locked.

This discussion has been closed.