Exporting FBX from DAZ Studio 4 to Maya 2011 x64 ??

edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hi guys,

I have created a character from Genesis on DS4 and I would like to export it (mesh + skeleton) in maya 2011 .... I export it with DS4 and when I import it from maya , nothing happens ... I have nothing on my maya scene ... I tried several way to import it ... but nothing ...

Is there anything I am doing wrong ? Can anyone help me please ?

Comments

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512
    edited December 1969

Why do you need the skeleton in maya, you can just set it up in DS and export as an .obj

• edited December 1969

hmm.... I dont really get the point to export the skeleton as an OBJ when I can export the character and the skeleton rigged and skinned with the weigh map from DS to maya ....

I figured out how to do it ....

I have to check these options when exporting in FBX from DS4 and everything works fine :)

http://www.daz3d.com/index.php?&ACT=50&fid=4&aid=6624_W980Xgpm83nrLUh7GPqE&board_id=1

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,512
    edited December 1969

My point was to export the scene as an obj and not just the skeleton. As a maya user in the past i was just wondering why you would need to export with skeleton in the first place. Keep in mind that DAZ mesh addons are not sanctioned for use in most other apps especially games (without a license)

• edited December 1969

If you plan to apply a control rig to the figure then you should also check "Merge clothing to figure skeleton". But you won't be able to use any animation from Daz if you apply a control rig.

ANd if you purchased the character from Daz, then you can export it into any app you want to.

• Daily_DoodlerDaily_Doodler Posts: 34
    edited December 1969

I've been trying to export dynamic clothes along with animated V4 to Maya with limited results. V4 okay, dynamic skirt appears to animate but doesn't stay with V4 just kinda shoots of here and there.
    If I use a normal dress with handles to control the movement, I get the animation of the handles (swing Left) but the dress is static, although I can get the the blend shapes in Maya but I much prefer animating in DAZ for this than Maya.

Any help would be gratefully received. gav

• ManStanManStan Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

"ANd if you purchased the character from Daz, then you can export it into any app you want to." Soulbender88

That is questionable because you aren't actually buying the character, you are paying to use it, but it isn't yours.

"I’ve been trying to export dynamic clothes along with animated V4 to Maya with limited results. V4 okay, dynamic skirt appears to animate but doesn’t stay with V4 just kinda shoots of here and there."

Does the same thing in carrara, been gripping about it going on 2 years, still no fix. And carrara is supposedly studio compatible. So it isn't a maya issue. Yes, even the sacred DUF has the same issue.

In carrara if the dress is set up right you can "track" the legs with the dress. It's not dynamic but moves with the figure while animating.

I'd say try collada but it's been my experience it works no better then FBX or DUF going to carrara.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited November 2012

you can export Daz content into any app you wish for 2D rendering,
    ie pictures and video
    just not redistribution of mesh and textures etc allowed

my iClone settings

Untitled_3.jpg
    557 x 645 - 86K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on