Strange Foot Position in aniMate 2

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Hey there,
I’m a new user and I have a few questions about Daz Studio:

1. Strange foot positions when using aniMate2 – When in the T-pose the figure’s feet are in the proper position. As soon as I apply an animation block or even do the mouseover preview the feet bend upward at the heel on a 25 degree angle. Why is this happening and how can I correct it. I know that I can use the heel button to adjust the figure during the animation block but is that the only way to correct it?

2. What is animate plus? Everything except the expression category seems to be working.

3. Dynamic Clothing Control Plug-In – Is this something that only works another plug-in or can this be used on custom clothing imported into Daz Studio?

Thanks

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

1. Which figure are you applying the animation to...if it's an animation for a Gen4 figure (V4, M4, etc) on Genesis, there could be adjustments that need to be made...

2. The paid for extra Animate2, unless bought separately, give only 30 days of functionality before it reverts to the lower level functionality of the other plugin.

3. No, the basic plugin allows dynamic clothing to work and the paid plugin allows more/finer control over the items. Neither one allows the creation of new items.

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

Have a look at this thread for a fix for Genesis feet when Using Animate :

http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8256/

• edited December 1969

Yes, I applied the animation blocks to the Genesis figure and still using Daz Studio 4.0 Pro at the moment. So I need to go in and manually adjust those transform settings inside the animation block keys every time I use one with this base figure? I don't think I can even edit the keys with the lite version.

Would there be a difference after upgrading to 4.5 and or using the paid for aniMate 2 plugin with the Genesis figure? I watched all the goFigure tutorial videos on aniMate 2 and the instructor simply dragged out blocks that worked perfectly on the Michael model.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

tk237 said:
    I watched all the goFigure tutorial videos on aniMate 2 and the instructor simply dragged out blocks that worked perfectly on the Michael model.

That's because that's probably the model they were made for. Any time you switch between different base models or generations, you will probably need to adjust things like poses, and since animation is moving a series of poses, that could be be affected, too. It all depends on the base model used.

• ammon_fde0d92863ammon_fde0d92863 Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

aniBlocks target a specific characters. Almost all up to now target V4 or M4.

To use these on Genesis, you can try using the High Heel offset in aniMate Lite, but the better way is to use an offset block as noted in the thread that JimmyC pointed out
    - http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/8256/#109178

• edited December 1969

Thanks for the reply,
    However, I purchased the animate 2 and Genesis Alive plugins. The latter has an aniblock called foot correction that I can just throw on a layer and baaam! problem solved.