Feedback on this greatly appreciated

Hey guys! We're in the process of creating a western visual novel with plenty of interactive elements, which will be playable directly in the browser. We have a 30k script ready and most of the scenes are already done. However, I'm not overly convinced about the graphics I have created for the two main characters in the game. We are going for a 3D/western anime look, and the main challenge is of course creating something that does not approach uncanny valley, yet still has that western anime feel to it. So please take a look this picture and let me know what you guys think, I would really appreciate it! Just to reiterate my goal here:

1) They should have the western anime look, but rendered in 3D and iRay 
2) They absolutely cannot approach uncanny valley
3) They should appear to be between the ages of 18-20

My main concern is currently the jawline of both models, which is a bit harsh and I would really prefer a more "heart shaped" curve. Is there anything specific I can do to change the jaw line, other than what is available using the standard G2F morphs (which are all set to their minimum levels (sometimes even outside the limitations)? Much of this have been created using the Keiko/Aiko models.  

Comments

• Jason GalterioJason Galterio Posts: 2,562

In all honesty I don't like either of their faces. I don't particularly care for their bodies either.

Chins are too angular. Noses are too small. Eye scale seems inbetween realistic and anime large.

The bodies are unnaturally tall and thin, with the waists too narrow.

I think what it boils down to is they are not realistic human nor are they anime enough. So they end up in a nebulous spot inbetween that is just not pleasing to my eye.

Sorry if this is too honest.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I;m going to have to google western anime before I can give you an answer.  I like them though.