Victoria 4.2 Shapes++ and Other Questions

13»

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

A lot of people me included feel that understanding variuos aspects of computing to be valuable in learning all this.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    A lot of people me included feel that understanding variuos aspects of computing to be valuable in learning all this.
    You lug nut, did I say I was not giving the tips? I will always give the tips, it was just surprising was all I meant.
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2012

Now stop squabbling children, and get on with the lessons. :roll: j/k

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Szark said:
    You lug nut, did I say I was not giving the tips? I will always give the tips, it was just surprising was all I meant.LUG NUT....ok yeah I got big ears I will give you that. :)

Dude I was just saying that part of learning Daz Studio, Poser etc is helped by a better understanding of computing in general. So tips are always welcome and should be listened to.

I really can't see what was wrong with my post. I wasn't a dig or a counter argument.

• malcolm jacobsmalcolm jacobs Posts: 107
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Go and get yourself GIMP... http://www.gimp.org/ it is a free open source software for editing images etc. I use it a lot these days. There are planty of tutorials online for GIMP.

thanks for the tip

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Jaderail said:
    Szark said:
    You lug nut, did I say I was not giving the tips? I will always give the tips, it was just surprising was all I meant.
    LUG NUT....ok yeah I got big ears I will give you that. :)

Dude I was just saying that part of learning Daz Studio, Poser etc is helped by a better understanding of computing in general. So tips are always welcome and should be listened to.

I really can't see what was wrong with my post. I wasn't a dig or a counter argument.You took it wrong, sorry about that. I was just playing and meant nothing but fun by my post. The Lug nut thing is a want I call friends from time to time, I hope I did not make you upset when I was trying to be playful. I was trying to goof off a bit in a very Deep thread.

edited December 1969

thank you Jederail For the tips i will be testing things out to see what is possible

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Szark said:
    Jaderail said:
    Szark said:
    LUG NUT....ok yeah I got big ears I will give you that. :)

I really can't see what was wrong with my post. I wasn't a dig or a counter argument.You took it wrong, sorry about that. I was just playing and meant nothing but fun by my post. The Lug nut thing is a want I call friends from time to time, I hope I did not make you upset when I was trying to be playful. I was trying to goof off a bit in a very Deep thread.Nope soory missed the humour...lug nut na I have been called worse. As I said I have big ears so the term is fitting and we use the term here. :) Told you I don't get upset easy and never have malintent burried in my posts.

I blame it on cho actually. Saw her club and reacted. :P

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Best thing to do when my club is swinging. It can get out of control sometimes. :coolgrin:

edited December 1969

hallo to my friends on the forum,
    i know there is most likely an anser to this i've posted the picture
    sometimes the hair does not fit on the character
    any ideas why this happends, and what to do to make things fit?

DAZStudio_2012-10-19_19-19-40-76.jpg
    408 x 876 - 40K
    edited December 1969

other things, like this, normaly there is Autofit plugin, i thought it should work,
    but it seems there is something not working right,

maybe i'm doing something wrong?
    thights and cloths show, Poke through

DAZStudio_2012-10-19_19-31-41-20.jpg
    408 x 876 - 36K
    edited December 1969

here again, the same thing, cloths not quite right,
    i wonder if any one has a solution?

DAZStudio_2012-10-19_19-35-31-13.jpg
    408 x 876 - 30K
    edited December 1969

again, In the menue In Documents " ( where Daz Studio is ) my renders in jpeg

i can't open the pictures with gimp 2 or any other windows gallerys viewer

( i can only open pictures with PAINT )

Dwm_2012-10-14_17-36-19-67mal4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 135K
    edited December 1969

this picture with panty hose.. the surface has poke through

i looked it up there is an Autofit plugin, But it's activated, the colure GREEN..
    i wonder if i should re-install.

thank you for any advice or tipps

i really need some help

Dwm_2012-10-19_20-08-41-60.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 153K
    edited December 1969

i get a lot of this sort of thing, maybe it's normal,
    the items Don't work.
    they simply don't exsist.
    but i have this exclamation mark

Dwm_2012-10-16_23-16-23-09mal4.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 178K
    edited December 1969

i post this picture because maybe it can help.
    the content in the menue.. maybe it's not right

Dwm_2012-10-15_21-20-12-80mal3.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 133K
    edited December 1969

Malmaoo said:
    other things, like this, normaly there is Autofit plugin, i thought it should work,
    but it seems there is something not working right,

maybe i'm doing something wrong?
    thights and cloths show, Poke through

it's very hard to get items to fit without pokthrough

i would very much like if someone caould tell me where to find the answer.

thanks
    mal

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,395
    edited December 1969

Try clicking on the figure and going to the parameters tab and adjust mesh resolution.

edited December 1969

thank you to "Frank0314"
    thank you for your reply:

in pose & animate
    i use x rotate and y rotate these controles enable me to move selctive items, into position, this helps in making items, like hair fit.
    this is what i use at the moment, maybe there is a better way to do it, but i havent found it at the moment.
    but thank you for your message

edited December 1969

Malmaoo said:

Let's tackle one post at a time.

Sounds like you need to the clean the database.

With the Content Library Open (not Smart Content) follow images 1,2 and 3. Then restart Daz Studio and repeat images 1 and 2 then 4.

ResetDatabase3.jpg
    301 x 219 - 81K
    ResetDatabase2.jpg
    290 x 218 - 83K
    ResetDatabase1.jpg
    718 x 492 - 233K
    ResetDatabase.jpg
    744 x 570 - 218K
    edited October 2012

Malmaoo said:
    again, In the menue In Documents " ( where Daz Studio is ) my renders in jpeg

i can't open the pictures with gimp 2 or any other windows gallerys viewer

( i can only open pictures with PAINT )

Open GIMP go to File > Open navigate to where your picture is located and select it. Or Open Gimp, open the folder where the rendered image is stored, make the window small so you can see GIMP under and Drag and Drop the image into GIMP.

Have you tried Right clicking the image and choosing "Open With"?

This stuff is seriously basic computer knowhow so I am guessing you are new to computers too. This will make your learning curve more steeper. But we all have to start somewhere. I feel from your posts you are running before you can walk.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited October 2012

As for the other posts about Hair and clothing not fitting right.

Hair: If the Hair is made for the figure then it will either do two things, fits to the figure when loaded if the figure is "Selected" first or it will have a "Fit To" command in the Parameters Pane when the Hair is selected.

If the hair is not made for the figure then you may have to do what you are doing and moving it in to place manually. The best way to do this is when the figure is in the standard T pose. The when the hair is in place, right click on the hair and "Parent" the Hair to the figure's head. You can also do this in the Scene Pane, just Drag and Drop the hair to the head. The the Hair will then move with the head.

As for clothing not fitting right. What you have to understand that we have no idea on what products you are using, what figures they were made for. So without knowing we can't really help item by item.

So when you are using AutoFit are you using Smoothing in the process. Should be a check box in the Autofit window to turn it on?

Also not all clothing will convert 100% correctly, some will be great but some will have issues.

Post edited by Szark on
    edited October 2012

Szark said:
    Malmaoo said:

Let's tackle one post at a time.

Sounds like you need to the clean the database.

With the Content Library Open (not Smart Content) follow images 1,2 and 3. Then restart Daz Studio and repeat images 1 and 2 then 4.
    thank you very much Szark, your step by step Instructions Clean up the database .....

shows me exactly the steps to follow
    i will do it, i did install a lot........It's getting late here, so i'll give it a go.
    write back and let you know the result.

this Method is Ideal.

the other great thing you told me is about The "hair" and “Parent” the Hair i did not know that,

you are right, I'm running before i can walk, "thats me! but you are right it's a steap learning curve"

i was not sure what Parent meant, but i understand it now.

thanks and best wishes
    and have a nice evening

Post edited by malcolm jacobs on
    edited December 1969

just had to get back to you to tell you..

With the Database before well, it's getting late now..

Reset Database .. then i closed DAz then Re-Import MetaData

it works!!!!!!!

edited December 1969

Nice, one down. :)