Got the Supersuit for Genesis but nothing will load

My picturesMy pictures Posts: 7
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

hi,

Just Got the Supersuit for Genesis last night but nothing will load. I click on the pre-set characters such as Fury, and nothing happens.

Is there something I need to click on first, before clicking on the pre-sets?

I do have a problem with having lots of 'content' folders. Even when following the prearranged file path when installing I still end up with lots of content folders. I don't know if that is why the Supersuit will not load though.

When loading content on a mac can someone tell me what is the correct file path?
What is the best place to install Daz Studio (4)?

If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it.

I am using a apple mac, Mac osX 10.5.8

Comments

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281
    edited December 1969

this is going to sound like a strange question, but you are loadign the supersuit (not hte basic one) and then selecting it and clicking on the preset? (and btw, the presets can take a little bit to load apparently) Apologies if you're rolling your eyes right now and going "duh" LOL, but it has been known to happen before (yeah i've done it myself in a senior moment) :D

• My picturesMy pictures Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

What you typed was not silly:)

After reading what you typed I had another go and finally found what I needed to click on. I had to click though 4 different locations to find the supersuit loader thingy.

Now I need to find my way back to the presets lol.

Thanks for your reply.

Peter

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

pduffy4 said:

Odd, shouldn't the presets folder be inside the location you loaded the actual supersuit object from? You should be able to see it in the Content Library tab. Unless you're using the Smart Content tab, that works by different rules.

Although I have noticed already some products have parts installed by default in some very unobvious places. I don't use Smart Content, so I always install manually and re-sort folders manually so that related bits and pieces (e.g. customised poses, expressions, props etc.) are together.
  • My picturesMy pictures Posts: 7
    edited December 1969

pduffy4 said:

Odd, shouldn't the presets folder be inside the location you loaded the actual supersuit object from? You should be able to see it in the Content Library tab. Unless you're using the Smart Content tab, that works by different rules.

Although I have noticed already some products have parts installed by default in some very unobvious places. I don't use Smart Content, so I always install manually and re-sort folders manually so that related bits and pieces (e.g. customised poses, expressions, props etc.) are together.

They are in two different folders. I don't know enough about how DAZ works to start moving folders around unfortunately.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,796
    edited December 1969

I cannot use smart content on it, nothing happens and I have reimported metadata etc
    but from the content library under content, Daz, people, Genesis, wardrobe,supersuit everything works fine.