What do I do when something won’t parent?

WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,726
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I have a skirt that does not conform, so I want to parent to the hip for an animated drape. Problem, I can't get it to drag anywhere. Any ideas?

Comments

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

I have a skirt that does not conform, so I want to parent to the hip for an animated drape. Problem, I can't get it to drag anywhere. Any ideas?

What program are you using?

• WillowRavenWillowRaven Posts: 3,726
    edited December 1969

Pendraia said:

What program are you using?

DS3 Advanced

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387
    edited December 1969

Moved to the commons since its not a commercial product for sale.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    Moved to the commons since its not a commercial product for sale.

Weird ... especially since I never even look in the commercial area .... How would my thread have ended up there? I know it was in the commons.

*confused*

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Try right clicking on the item a window should come up that has "change parent " then scroll to the body part you want to parent it to and click that it should change the parent for you

• BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

So you imported the OBJ into the scene and you cannot move it?

Or did you simple load it into the scene?

Make sure you do not have your character selected (just select "Scene", etc -- I use Carrara, but I'm assuming it's similar for DAZ). Then import the .OBJ and then you should be able to parent it to whatever you want.

But if it's imported as an OBJ, whatever sort of nifty little morphs it might have probably won't be present.

edited December 1969

According to tech support, it is a glitch in DS3. I think it's fixed, now :D