Genesis Starter Essentials vs Genesis (anything else)?

edited December 1969 in The Commons

HI.

I need to have a scalp piece (prop) attached to the head of any genesis figure morph or deform into that same scalp piece on any other figure.
I was told I needed to buy an additional piece of software (genesis "something"), but I was wondering if the genesis starter essentials would enable me to perform this function?

Thoughts?

Thx

Comments

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Ok what version of Daz Studio are you using? Did you download the software from the store or CNet?

If it is the newest one 4.5.0.114 or (4.5.0.137 beta) then you will get an additional download in your account called Genesis Starter Essentials 1,4 which needs installing to Daz Studio 4.5 in order to get the Genesis figure. In a nutshell the required tools come with the program all you need do is install the content.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,880
    edited December 1969

Given your other thread, I suspect you are wanting a new piece of mesh to follow Genesis as you morph or pose it - the simplest way is to use the Transfer utility to turn the item into a figure: that will follow Genesis as you pose and morph it.

• edited December 1969

Thanks guys.

Yes I'm using the latest 4.5xxxxxx. That's good to know because There is some Genesis utility that is supposed to do this morph transfer function but if I don't need it then cool.