Something Bizzare Today

edited May 2012 in The Commons

Hello peeps
I just booted up Daz 3 and curious because it always pops up with the updates box, it said "Disallowed main characters" what in the world is that all about?? The primary characters still load, but it's naturally got me worried I'll loose my content or something. Any advice please?

Post edited by angelevernight_b466c241ab on

Comments

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,880
    edited December 1969

I noticed that yesterday - I've no idea what it means, I will send an enquiry off.

• edited December 1969

Thankies, very worried about that.

• DAZ_SpookyDAZ_Spooky Posts: 3,100
    edited December 1969

I am not sure what is causing this without a screen shot, I can only make a guess.

Let me point out that DAZ Studio 3 is no longer officially supported, and we do highly recommend updating to DAZ Studio 4.

The most likely culprit is the "what's new pane," which doesn't work with the new store and will not be fixed to work in the future. You can go into the plug-ins folder and remove that plug-in and that is likely to clear this up.

edited December 1969

It isn't the new at DAZ pane, which just shows what you get with various bad links to the site as expected, but rather an update notice. I was able to get it back and screenshot it through the check now button in Edit>Preferences

Disallowed_characters.jpg
    530 x 349 - 34K
    edited December 1969

It isn't the new at DAZ pane, which just shows what you get with various bad links to the site as expected, but rather an update notice. I was able to get it back and screenshot it through the check now button in Edit>Preferences

That one is the new site. (I guessed wrong. :) ) And that one is actually on the get fixed list.

edited December 1969

Thanks.

• edited December 1969

Soooo if I'm reading this right, it's some king of glitch to do with no longer supporting Daz3? If so that's fine as I got D4 in the free offer sale, just not installed it yet. As for characters as it indicates, will they be alright?

edited December 1969

I don't think it's doing anything, it's an error, so it shouldn't have any effect on your content. Certainly the files I loaded into DS3 yesterday came in OK.

edited December 1969

OK, It is a combination of a bug in the request to the store, and an effect of the new store. It has been fixed in DAZ Studio 4.5 but will not be fixed in DS 4.0.3 or DS 3.

It does not affect Content or DAZ Studio actually functioning.

Sorry about the inconvenience.

edited December 1969

Given that these versions aren't being updated you can safely turn the check off in Edit>Preferences.

edited December 1969

Given that these versions aren't being updated you can safely turn the check off in Edit>Preferences.
    Thanks Richard, I forgot that. :)
  • edited December 1969

Thanks peeps, sheesh that had me worried. Much appreciated!!