Can not find content purchased from Daz Shop after install

tindelrbmtindelrbm Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I am having a problem with content I purchased from the Daz Shop not installing. I am running Daz Studio 4.5 on my MacBook Pro with OS 10.8. I will run the installer for a purchased product, make sure that the correct folder is selected for the install, but once the install has completed and I open Daz Studio the content doe not show up in my Smart Content or Content Library tabs. I read through a couple of other threads and went into the Library folder and removed the files in the databases folder, then went to Content DB Maintenance and selected the option to reimport metadata. Still the all of the content did not appear. When I look in the Runtime folder I can see where the files were placed into the folders. I purchased several products from the Halloween promotion and most of them do no show up (to list a few Spooky Plots, 5 Toadstool Lane, 3 Raven Court and the expansion). I am not sure what else to do....HELP!!!!!

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

You will find these items in the Content Library tab, under Poser Content > My Library > Characters/Props.

Most older content is in Poser Format, and it will most likely not have any Metadata yet, which means it wont appear in the Smart Content tab.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Sometimes right clicking in the appropriate area in the Content Folder area and clicking the option to 'refresh' works wonders too. D/S3 used to refresh the folders automatically but D/S4 doesn't seem to necessarily.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Tip that might not matter: Never install content with DS running. Shut down DS before install and then open DS after the install is done. If DS is running you will need to Do a REFRESH before the new content pointers are read. DS reads everything at Open so if you add content with it open and running the new pointers are in the Database but not the loaded database that DS is holding in memory. A Refresh should force a reload and make the items appear in the proper folders. If not I find a full Reboot will fix this for me.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Good point. Esp if installs involve drivers, a reboot can be necessary.