How to pin hands to a bed or plane, while rest of body moves?

HarkHark Posts: 48

I need the hands to stay on the plane or bed, while I move the body..
Pinning, and changing hand parent to plane didnt work

G3 

Comments

• HarkHark Posts: 48

I need the hands to stay pinned on the plane or bed, while I move the body..
    Pinning hands (themselves), and changing hand parent to plane didnt work
    Genesis 3

You're the only commenter! Hi.

• Parenting doesn't affect IK/FK, pinning itself is not as rigid as in some applications. Using the Active Pose tool, with its own pins, might give better results though it responds only to dragging things in the viewport (not to the Parameters pane or the pose widgets).

The only tip I got so far was "Active Pose tool's pinning" I don't see a diferent from IK movements. 
    I need the body to move, while the hands are stuck, still to a object

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,021
    edited June 2016

Split the comments from your lighting thread and merged them and your new thread with this original thread to keep everything on the topic in one place.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Hark said:

The only tip I got so far was "Active Pose tool's pinning" I don't see a diferent from IK movements. 
    I need the body to move, while the hands are stuck, still to a object

Did you pin the hands with the Active Pose tool, in the Tool Settings pane (or press the sapce bar)? Did you move the body by dragging it in the viewport?

Thank you. It does pin more. But, now.... When the torso moves up to a.. certain level, away from the pins, the pinned parts starts to move, again.
    Is that normal? I'm balancing this "issue" by knowing when it won;t move the pinned, and moving within the okay zones of movements.

• Yes, there will always be a limit beyond which the pinned parts move (the alternatives would be limbs stretching or the figure simply ceasing to move).

• 3delinquent3delinquent Posts: 355

Daz3D's youtube channel now has a short video demonstration of the active  pose tool used with pins. It shows some of the possibilities and limitations pretty well.

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

Yes, there will always be a limit beyond which the pinned parts move (the alternatives would be limbs stretching or the figure simply ceasing to move).

Personally I would prefer it if the figure stopped moving when you reached the limits.

• Yes, there will always be a limit beyond which the pinned parts move (the alternatives would be limbs stretching or the figure simply ceasing to move).

Personally I would prefer it if the figure stopped moving when you reached the limits.

Make a feature request http://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us